PDA

View Full Version : Meets!

STUAW11
2nd June 2011, 06:37 PM
Just wondered if there was any interest in getting a meet organised for this area? Stu

superwhite90
3rd June 2011, 11:44 AM
I'd be interested too.

IMOC do an Essex meet which I haven't been to for about a year now, mainly because only mk2 owners attend :(

Kateg28
3rd June 2011, 12:39 PM
I might be interested but it is difficult for me as I am not home until reasonably late and then have a teenager to start feeding. The Mk2 people can just overwhelm some meets and then they start talking in language I don't understand with their revisions and body kit and wheels etc. So much easier with n/a or SC? T-Bar or not T-Bar. Job done.

STUAW11
3rd June 2011, 06:26 PM
Ok, well thats a start! maybe the area organiser could jump in and help here? surely there must be some more members up for a meet??

warny1
15th June 2011, 02:41 PM
Ok, well thats a start! maybe the area organiser could jump in and help here? surely there must be some more members up for a meet??

Well I'm interested in meeting some fellow members (I'm in Cambridge). It must be ages since we've had something around here so come on people! :-)

Kateg28
15th June 2011, 03:40 PM
I have organised something before and not many people turned up. However I am an eternal optimist and as soon as I get my car back (which is optimistic in itself) I am happy to arrange something. Think we need a guage of who is up for it and where they are based so we can look at something in the middle.

Technically I am in a different area but we could combine.......

I shall start:
1. Kate - Hertford

unowho
15th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Just a quick note and although short notice the MR2's are Racing @ Snetterton on Sunday 26th June and I'd be interested in a meet

1. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon

superwhite90
16th June 2011, 09:12 AM
1. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon
3. Alex - Maldon (Essex)

daddy dog
16th June 2011, 06:45 PM
1. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon
3. Alex - Maldon (Essex)
4.barry- burnham on crouch (essex)

STUAW11
25th June 2011, 02:01 PM
Sorry havnt been on here for a while! this sounds promising! count me in :)

Deadly_smell
26th June 2011, 09:19 AM
just signed up to the forum but would be interested in a meet up in the south east corner somewhere.

superwhite90
5th July 2011, 02:44 PM
Barry did you leave a note on my windscreen a few months ago? I would have called you but I lost the note :(

daddy dog
5th July 2011, 06:38 PM
hi there, yes i did leave a note no your windscreen, cant remember where i was going but wondered if you were going to form a convoy. Im not a stalker it was just my eldest son lives in the village and said he saw another mk1 down the road so i drove down to have a look. I cant understand how there are so many mk1's in the east area and not a monthly meet going on, there are 4 of us in burnham.

superwhite90
5th July 2011, 07:55 PM
I work in Canvey and I very rarely see another mk1. I see a white 1 about once every 3 months in SWF but thats it. A guy in Benfleet has a red one I believe but thats it. My best mate did a SC conversion in his MK1a who lives in the village. Whats your son's name and your last name? (if you dont mind me asking)

IMOC do a monthly meet as I stated earlier in the thread, the hosts give them their due, did try and incorporate us mk1ers, there used to be 4-5 of us go, but then it turned into a mk2 fest and I felt that they just ignored us and went off discussing about their cars not showing an interest in the car that made theirs in the first place! Bit arrogant to be honest, but then i've been called arrogant so who am I to critisize

Deadly_smell
5th July 2011, 08:12 PM
I live in Hadleigh just north of Canvey and work in Basildon and drive a blue 1b most days I've seen one SC about Basildon in the last 3months but that's all.They do seem a bit thin on the ground around here now

Kateg28
6th July 2011, 07:45 AM
. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon
3. Alex - Maldon (Essex)

Add your names to the list and your location and I will try and find somewhere central or easy to all of us. I have no idea who our LAO is?

Anyone know who the white one is that my OH sees on the A1 between Baldcock and Stevenage South junctions?

Deadly_smell
6th July 2011, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Kateg28;127130]1. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon
3. Alex - Maldon (Essex)
5.Malc- Hadleigh (essex)

superwhite90
6th July 2011, 01:23 PM
If a meet is arranged soon has anyone got a spare exhaust manifold? Im looking to make a custom 4-1 header and need dimensions off of the existing cast lump :)

Deadly_smell
6th July 2011, 02:24 PM
If a meet is arranged soon has anyone got a spare exhaust manifold? Im looking to make a custom 4-1 header and need dimensions off of the existing cast lump :)

This is what you need http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBX-EXHAUST-TURBO-HEADER-FLANGE-TOYOTA-4AG-4AGE-COROLLA-/180691932248?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a12141458#ht_1885wt_698
or use a gasket to get the basic dimensions

warny1
6th July 2011, 03:10 PM
1. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon
3. Alex - Maldon (Essex)
5. Mark - Cambridge

superwhite90
6th July 2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks mate, but one of my mates in my village has a spare n/a manifold which I can get the adaptor dims from :) cheers anyway.

daddy dog
6th July 2011, 06:23 PM
hi alex, my sons name is jack drury he lives at elysian gardens but he is only 15 so you might not know him. i had the same problem with the mr2 owners club they try to make you welcome and are a nice bunch of guys but the conversation is all about mk2 mr2s and you dont feel like you belong.the white one you see is proberbly the one from the road behind me and my brother in law lives next door but one and he is up for a meet somewhere and there is another red one a few streets along .

superwhite90
6th July 2011, 08:08 PM
You're right I don't know him. I used to have an ASBO exhaust on the car so everyone new who the car belonged too.

daddy dog
27th July 2011, 06:58 PM
ok then lets get moving or put this to bed. is anyone in the essex area or surrounding areas up for this meet,as its dragging on a bit i thought we could try and get a meet sorted for the end of august or begining of september.if we dont get something sorted it will just go on and on.just post a yes if you want to come and put where you r so we can try and meet somewhere sort of central.cheers

warny1
2nd August 2011, 01:21 PM
I'm still interested in a meet, I'm in Cambridge. Would be cool to catch up with some other Mk1's in this part of the country.

superwhite90
8th August 2011, 02:52 PM
Yes you know I'll come as there are no Mk2 owners going :)

Kateg28
8th August 2011, 03:24 PM
We did start a location list, shall we try again?

1. Kate - Hertford
2. Debs - Hoddesdon
3. Alex - Maldon (Essex)
5. Mark - Cambridge

From the above it looks like the north Herts/Essex borders, maybe Audley End? Need a date now. What about 3rd September?

superwhite90
8th August 2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah that'd be okay for me. I would have been paid too so fuel money not an issue.

daddy dog
10th August 2011, 03:08 PM
looks like im ok for that date might be a couple more mk1's with me.we will see?

superwhite90
19th August 2011, 11:52 AM
Is this going ahead? Would like to fit my new Fidanza flywheel sometime in September.

Kateg28
19th August 2011, 02:24 PM
I think so. I will be at that location (exact details to be finalised nearer the time) onthe 3rd September.

If people want to turn up and make me feel less lonely, that would be great!

Kateg28
23rd August 2011, 01:00 PM
I think I will bump this thread daily to see if anyone will bother going? Could do the Sunday if people preferred?

superwhite90
24th August 2011, 12:03 PM
Im going but need to know where

Deadly_smell
24th August 2011, 12:08 PM
I intend to be there, but will be working in the morning until 1pm so would not be able to get there until after 2 would this be to late? what time do you have in mind?

J's MK1 MR2
25th August 2011, 09:04 PM
Where is this meet and when, im new on here, just bought my mr2 mk1 beauty after searching for one for ages.

Kateg28
26th August 2011, 07:47 AM
Okay details are:

The Bell at Wenden Ambo

http://www.thebellatwenden.co.uk/index.html

It looks good in the picture although no idea how good it is as I got it from Google. I will be there around 1p.m. on Saturday 3rd September 2011. I will be relatively easy to spot, as I have a Mk1 MR2!

Now it set, let's get some people there!!!!!

superwhite90
26th August 2011, 10:22 AM
Looks like quite an easy spot to get to from me. Barry do you want to meet up and go in convoy?

daddy dog
26th August 2011, 04:47 PM
looks like something may have come up that weekend so will have to let you know in the week. bloody pain in the arse.

Kateg28
31st August 2011, 08:06 AM
So, how many are going to attend?

Kateg28
1st September 2011, 11:39 AM
Due to a tragedy enfolding my closest friend, I am not going to make this now as I need to drop everything and help her over the next week or so.

Am not sure anyone else was actually going to go anyway.

Sorry to mess people around but I have to help her

daddy dog
1st September 2011, 04:19 PM
just finished changing my weekends around and now its off then?

Kateg28
1st September 2011, 07:40 PM
It isn't cancelled, I just cannot attend although if you look at the rush of attendees on the list, not sure if anyone would notice.

I don't want to mess anyone around but I would rather sell my car than see my friend going through what she is going through.

I am sure the other attendees will post up confirmation they are coming.

superwhite90
1st September 2011, 10:18 PM
Does anyone actually want to make an effort and come? That isnt directed at Kate or Barry. Who can put their hand up and say they'll attend?

daddy dog
2nd September 2011, 05:42 AM
yes i was/am coming if its still on.come on members make the effort.

Kateg28
2nd September 2011, 07:46 AM
It would give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside if it did go ahead. And if people show they want to do this, then we could do it more regularly. I chose Wendens Ambo as it looked central for those posting where they were coming from but it could always move.

I will always try and make any meets as am passionate about my car and good to take it out and meet other Mk1 drivers just shame about my situation this weekend.

(she is temporarily living with me whilst situation is ongoing - gives her some space - and she has a 15 month old toddler who is the cutest thing ever! My other half, my 13 year old son and I are loving having him so there are some nice parts to all of this)

daddy dog
2nd September 2011, 05:58 PM
alex , did you want to meet up and drive up there?