PDA

View Full Version : Garage 'Rating' Option

Jimbo_Jet
26th May 2011, 12:15 PM
A bit vain I know ;) but I don't appear to have a 'Please Rate' option on my car in my garage? I presumed that was because it was my car so I logged out to see if it would appear but no joy? Any ideas?

Ta!

Monkeymax
26th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Hiya,
It is possible to give it a rating - I just rated yours. :)
You cannot rate your own vehicle, and non-members (i.e. if you're not logged in) cannot rate vehicles either. Otherwise ratings would likely be all over the place.

-Max

greggessex
26th May 2011, 01:41 PM
Do you have to be a paid member to post pictures in the Garage section?

Monkeymax
26th May 2011, 02:10 PM
No, you don't. And your permissions seem to be set fine for you to be able to. Are you having problems?

Jimbo_Jet
26th May 2011, 02:48 PM
Hiya,
It is possible to give it a rating - I just rated yours. :)
You cannot rate your own vehicle, and non-members (i.e. if you're not logged in) cannot rate vehicles either. Otherwise ratings would likely be all over the place.

-Max

Ahh, cheers max, that explains it! Thanks for the rating tho ;)

greggessex
26th May 2011, 03:22 PM
Not anymore, Just added mine to the garage. Although I uploaded 5 pictures, but they aren't being shown. Do they have to be checked first?

Monkeymax
26th May 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm confused... I've had a look and there's nothing awaiting checking/moderation. Hmmmm...
Once you browsed for the image on your computer, did you click the "Add Image" button underneath the image location boxes?

greggessex
26th May 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I did. Took a while for the page to finish loading... Im assuming it was because the images were uploading? I'll try again

greggessex
26th May 2011, 05:51 PM
Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).

What format should pictures be uploaded?

Monkeymax
26th May 2011, 05:57 PM
Yup, that's because the images were uploading, so it takes a while to move to the next page (dependent on your connection speed, and the image sizes).
The images should be .jpg, .gif or .png as stated. I'm not sure if the system is able to detect the image type if it isn't written in the file name, so if you're on a Mac (as they omit the filetype at the end of the name), you may have to manually add the .jpg (etc) to the end of the filename.
What format are you trying to upload the image in? Also note that there's a file-size limit, as stated, though I'd expect the error to be different if this were impinged.

greggessex
26th May 2011, 06:28 PM
Trying to upload it as a Jpeg, but the file is over 2meg. Hmmmmm

Monkeymax
26th May 2011, 07:35 PM
Try this:
http://www.picresize.com/

greggessex
26th May 2011, 08:24 PM
Nice one