PDA

View Full Version : Woodsport Mk1 polyurethane torque mounts

Woodsport
13th May 2011, 06:31 PM
This is a new product for us in 2011, full poly torque mounts for the Mk1. These fit by removing the original rubber but leaving the steel cage intact (much easier) and then the poly insert presses in by hand.

These bushes will totally eliminate engine movement, no more bucking gearstick! They have been designed for full on track applications so have no holes drilled in them, so expect an increase in vibration through the chassis at idle, but it is very easy to "tune" these mounts by drilling 10mm holes through the inserts to get the desired level of engine damping versus vibration.

I find them perfectly fine as they are but some may want to drill them.

These will be available in approx 2-3 weeks time when my first large batch comes in, price will be £49.50 for BOTH front and rear mounting bushes posted, nothing to add.

You can register your interest below or contact me at Paul@Woodsport.org to place your order, thanks.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/05/DSCN1186-1.jpg

superwhite90
16th May 2011, 06:37 PM
Im definitely in for those!

Woodsport
17th May 2011, 06:22 AM
No problem, i will release full details when they are finally ready.

The Silver Fox
24th May 2011, 01:39 PM
I am interested in these Paul, but only need them for road use. Are there any guidelines as to where/how many holes need to be drilled for different degrees of stiffness.

Thanks

Douglas

Woodsport
24th May 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Douglas, there are no guides as such, what i normally do is fit them as they are, drive up the road and see how harsh the vibration is, it very much depends from engine to engine as well, some "less well put together" cars can vibrate all over the place (loose dash screws being a common one).

If it's too harsh then i recommend drilling 3 lateral 10mm holes like this....

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/05/mountholes-1.jpg

Do it to one mount at a time, test drive and see what it's like.

You can add more holes to fine tune but there will always be more chassis vibration over stock mounting rubbers using poly ones, but i much prefer the mroe solid engine feel, the stock mounts allow the engine to rock about far too much for my liking.

The Silver Fox
24th May 2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for that Paul. I'll definately have a set.

coanda
25th May 2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah, count me in to.

Fab4mr2
7th June 2011, 04:28 PM
I think that the oem mounts actually have pressable inserts in them to start with, which I had not realized until recently. Do yours require removing the pressed insert trim, or just removing the rubber from inside those insert trims, as I would assume the correct fit would be dependent on that? Thanks.

coanda
30th September 2011, 02:43 PM
Did you get these in Paul?

Woodsport
1st October 2011, 02:26 PM
I'm afraid i am only able to supply the rear mount only, my supplier let me down on the front mount production run.

coanda
2nd October 2011, 10:28 PM
what's the difference between front and rear?

Woodsport
4th October 2011, 05:45 PM
The front one is bigger diameter.

coanda
4th October 2011, 07:33 PM
Arse.

Woodsport
17th March 2012, 06:22 PM
Ok folks i have a new supplier sorted for these bushes, so they are now available again, the problem however is the price, i'm having to pay almost a third more for them, but i figure it's better than no supply of them at all.

The cost for both front and rear polyurethane bushes is £80 plus £5 delivery. Email me paul@woodsport.org if you want to order, there is a 7 day lead time on them, thanks.

autobody
17th March 2012, 06:53 PM
I will be interested in a set in the future so will be in touch Paul

Woodsport
18th March 2012, 11:46 AM
No problem mate, my new supplier will be able to produce these forever.

dylbie
18th March 2015, 11:18 PM
Are these still available Paul? I've been scratching around on my back under the engine today and noticed these looked a bit flaky!

Woodsport
19th March 2015, 07:17 AM
I'm afraid not, i discontinued them last year because there was simply no interest or market for them, i sold two sets in 4 years, which i cannot understand, but there you go :)

Woodsport
15th June 2017, 06:44 AM
Following several email enquiries I am going to have a go at another production run of front and rear polyurethane torque mount inserts.

The last time I tried it collapsed due to very few numbers of takers, but as the stock torque mounts on these cars are really starting to fall apart I feel this would be a good chance for owners to future proof them, cancel out all of that engine movement, save wear and tear on your exhaust systems (that get a lot of the engine movement abuse) , cancel out gearstick movement etc

So, without setting anything in stone just yet, can I have a show of hands who would be genuinely interested in buying a set of torque mount bushes.

If the group buy falls flat this time I probably won't try again.

Thanks Paul.

Monkeymax
15th June 2017, 05:13 PM
Paul, will this be at the £80 point or £50? I'm guessing former, but just wondering if a group buy will lead to any price reduction?

Cheers,
Max

Woodsport
16th June 2017, 05:43 AM
Hi Max, it will hopefully be somewhere between £60 and £80 for the pair, I am still in talks with the manufacturer about tooling costs and discount on a bulk order.

I do need a rough show of hands though to make this viable, if there is just no interest (as has happened before) then it won't go ahead, which is a real shame as nobody is making anything for these cars anymore.

Monkeymax
16th June 2017, 07:23 AM
Okay, well I'm raising my hand!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Knocker
16th June 2017, 01:29 PM
Paul I will have a pair. Thanks Graeme

Deadly_smell
17th June 2017, 06:53 AM
Interested, will these fit around the original rubber or will they be a complete replacement bush

Woodsport
17th June 2017, 07:18 AM
They are a complete replacement bush.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deadly_smell
17th June 2017, 10:14 AM
add me to the list please, at the moment I have silicon filled bushes which are starting to break up.

superwhite90
17th June 2017, 10:52 AM
I'm in Paul!!

Adi64gt
18th June 2017, 12:31 PM
Add me in please!!!!

Woodsport
18th June 2017, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the support chaps, it helps make new products viable.

jimi
18th June 2017, 07:59 PM
Paul, roughly ow many names do you need to make a run viable ?

Woodsport
18th June 2017, 08:16 PM
Hi Jimi, I think 10 sets would be great, I should be able to negotiate a discount with the manufacturer, but 5 or 6 sets is at least viable.

Donesy
24th June 2017, 10:30 PM
Could you give me a ball park figure on price please guys but I'm probably well up for a set

tommundy
25th June 2017, 10:26 AM
Hi Max, it will hopefully be somewhere between £60 and £80 for the pair, I am still in talks with the manufacturer about tooling costs and discount on a bulk order.

From the previous page. :)

Donesy
25th June 2017, 11:56 AM
From the previous page. :)

Thanks Tom, I saw the 2011 price but I missed this somehow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsport
28th June 2017, 08:26 PM
Ok the first production rear mount has arrived and it fits perfectly, the bad news is they're costing slightly more than I expected.

The front mount should be ready tomorrow and I can finalise pricing.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2017/06/20170628_095241_zpspyv8jhuz-1.jpg

This is actually the rear mount of a 2zz-ge mk1 I am building for a customer but it uses the same mount ring.

Woodsport
10th July 2017, 06:14 PM
Both mounts are now available, I didn't take a pic of the front mount but will do so tomorrow.

The mounts are going to be dearer than expected as tooling costs were high, I also don't have high volume numbers to keep the costs down.

Both front and rear poly bush inserts are £90, and £7 delivery UK wide.

If you would like a set please register interest below, thanks Paul.

Woodsport
10th July 2017, 06:40 PM
Just to add I will also be offering a mount exchange service, send me your old torque mounts and I will send you freshly prepped and painted poly bushed replacement mounts.

Obviously there is time and effort in that but the pair can be exchanged for £145 all in which includes return postage.

superwhite90
10th July 2017, 08:46 PM
Hi Paul,

I will be coming up to Yarm, Teesside, next week, can I come and collect?

Woodsport
11th July 2017, 05:48 AM
Yes of course, no problem, thank you for the order.

Come on chaps, you wanted this product making and they are not available anywhere else in the world, but I do need confirmed orders now to make this viable or I just cannot supply in future.

Has the price increase made it unaffordable now?

superwhite90
11th July 2017, 08:40 AM
Can I leave you a deposit or just come armed with the cash? I'll be travelling up North next Monday afternoon, what time do you leave your workshop?

Woodsport
11th July 2017, 09:44 AM
Cash is fine thanks.

Woodsport
11th July 2017, 02:29 PM
A pic of the front mount finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/paddy1970/20170711_152743_zpscubi08um.jpg

Woodsport
12th July 2017, 05:32 PM
Does anyone still want these? It's all gone a bit quiet since they've been available.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tommundy
12th July 2017, 05:40 PM
Does anyone still want these? It's all gone a bit quiet since they've been available.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkHave you PM'd the people that had shown interest? That may give them a prod. :)

Woodsport
12th July 2017, 09:15 PM
No not yet, I just presumed they would get the same forum notification here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Woodsport
13th July 2017, 07:02 AM
Everyone that pre-ordered or showed interest has been messaged.

It does look like this will fall flat again though, I can't understand it, everyones torque mounts are falling apart and there are constant requests to come up with a viable product....

tommundy
13th July 2017, 07:54 AM
Would these fit the torque mounts in a 1.5 or V6 conversion?

Woodsport
13th July 2017, 10:08 AM
No these are specific to the stock Mk1 mounts, we do an insert already for the 1.5 and v6 installs which we use on our conversions, but these ones were made purely for standard cars.

tommundy
13th July 2017, 10:15 AM
No these are specific to the stock Mk1 mounts, we do an insert already for the 1.5 and v6 installs which we use on our conversions, but these ones were made purely for standard cars.
Okay, cool, good to know. :+:

Woodsport
14th July 2017, 08:57 AM
Just two orders out of the initial interested people and only one reply to my PMs, is it the price? Time of the month? Change of plan? Emigrating to Mars?

Let me know chaps, or this product will die before it even makes its first week on sale, just not enough interest in this I feel to continue time and effort put into it.

superwhite90
14th July 2017, 09:12 AM
Paul, what time do you leave your workshop on Monday evening? I will be travelling up at 1.30pm on Monday afternoon and it normally takes me 4 hours to get to Yarm.

superwhite90
14th July 2017, 09:14 AM
Just two orders out of the initial interested people and only one reply to my PMs, is it the price? Time of the month? Change of plan? Emigrating to Mars?

Let me know chaps, or this product will die before it even makes its first week on sale, just not enough interest in this I feel to continue time and effort put into it.

I'm actually quite poor at the moment, however my mounts are worn out and I need this especially with the 4AGZE.

Boondougal
14th July 2017, 03:01 PM
@woodsport - Paul, put me down for a car set please. Obviously the cheaper they can come in the better but I think it would be good thing for the car - that I am determined to have back on the road later this year.

Monkeymax
14th July 2017, 06:20 PM
Paul,
Sorry, didn't see the updates to this thread. I've just replied to your PM. In short, still up for this. Just need to figure out if I want exchange or just the parts. (The diesel burner just unexpectedly cost me an absolute fortune so that's my car money gone!)

Cheers,
Max

Monkeymax
14th July 2017, 06:22 PM
@woodsport - Paul, put me down for a car set please. Obviously the cheaper they can come in the better but I think it would be good thing for the car - that I am determined to have back on the road later this year.

The prices were quoted on page 4; £90 for the mounts and £7 for postage, or £145 for an exchange service. Definitely a good thing for the car if yours is still on the original ones!

Martin42006
14th July 2017, 08:43 PM
Stick me down, i would like to get a set of these especially if they will be the last run, as you said all the current ones are shot.
Do you want a deposit or are they available now?

Woodsport
15th July 2017, 07:56 AM
Paul, what time do you leave your workshop on Monday evening? I will be travelling up at 1.30pm on Monday afternoon and it normally takes me 4 hours to get to Yarm.

I will be there until 5pm, but can stay back late if you are going to be running late.

Woodsport
15th July 2017, 07:58 AM

Hi mate, thank you for the support, I will PM you with payment details etc.

Woodsport
15th July 2017, 08:00 AM
Stick me down, i would like to get a set of these especially if they will be the last run, as you said all the current ones are shot.
Do you want a deposit or are they available now?

Hi Martin, if there is ongoing demand I will sell them indefinitely, but for the short term I'm just looking to recoup the initial tooling costs etc, Powerflex have spec'd these exactly for me. I will send you a PM with details, thanks Paul.

superwhite90
15th July 2017, 09:45 AM
I will be there until 5pm, but can stay back late if you are going to be running late.

I don't want to put you out mate as if I'm stuck in traffic it may not be until 6.30-7pm, it may be better to pay online and post them.

Woodsport
15th July 2017, 09:55 AM
Yes that would be better, my paypal is paul@woodsport.org if you want to do it that way.

superwhite90
16th July 2017, 09:23 AM
Just sent the money mate :)

Woodsport
16th July 2017, 09:41 AM
Received with thanks, they will be posted tomorrow.

superwhite90
16th July 2017, 11:04 AM
How is the SC lid replica coming along?

Boondougal
16th July 2017, 06:56 PM
The prices were quoted on page 4; £90 for the mounts and £7 for postage, or £145 for an exchange service. Definitely a good thing for the car if yours is still on the original ones!

Appreciate the input re the prices, I saw them hence no issues committing to the purchase. As Paul referenced in a few posts earlyer some potential reasons for the slow up take, one of them being price, I guess I was just stating the obvious. Had a few bits and bobs off Paul over the years... even made it to the workshop once so I know his stuff is spot on and prices reflect the quality he always provides.

Mine is on the original ones but given its been off the road for the last 11 years I guess the mounts might not be as bad as some... still a good thing to get none the less.

Boondougal
16th July 2017, 07:01 PM
Hi mate, thank you for the support, I will PM you with payment details etc.

Hi mate, let me know the best way to pay and I'll send you some money I don't really have but the bank is happy to allow me to spend.

I assume these are a 2 piece job, essentially the same but bigger as a poly bush? I was considering the exchange but I have no idea when I will be dropping the engine so probably just best to have them on the shelf ready to go.

Woodsport
16th July 2017, 07:23 PM
Hi mate, my paypal is paul@woodsport.org , yes they are two piece, so once the old mount has been removed which involves chiselling out the old mount cage ring, the two piece inserts simply slide in and it's good to go.

The hardest part is cutting the old mount ring out, but it doesn't put up much fight with a chisel.

Martin42006
17th July 2017, 05:21 AM
Money sent, looking forward to getting these in my freshly powder coated mounts. :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Woodsport
17th July 2017, 06:10 AM
Thank you Martin, received. They will be shipped out today.

superwhite90
19th July 2017, 07:50 PM
Received them today thank you very much paul!!

I'll be having my mounts burnt out and ring removed at work.

tommundy
19th July 2017, 08:15 PM
I'll be having my mounts burnt out and ring removed at work.

#snigger

Martin42006
19th July 2017, 08:22 PM
Mine arrived today too, looking awesome. Wonder if the old ones will press out??

Woodsport
20th July 2017, 06:12 AM
Good to hear these have started arriving.

Martin the inner steel ring I think has a few spot welds, probably the easiest way is to burn the rubber out, put a hacksaw through the metal ring and work around the edge with a sharp chisel, I found they come out pretty easily that way.

Shot blast the mount, paint it with black smoothrite and install the new polybush.

Martin42006
20th July 2017, 09:52 AM
Good to hear these have started arriving.

Martin the inner steel ring I think has a few spot welds, probably the easiest way is to burn the rubber out, put a hacksaw through the metal ring and work around the edge with a sharp chisel, I found they come out pretty easily that way.

Shot blast the mount, paint it with black smoothrite and install the new polybush.
Ok cool thanks for the info I will try start on these tonight :)

Boondougal
20th July 2017, 12:10 PM
- you have my money.

superwhite90
20th July 2017, 02:43 PM
#snigger

;)

coverco
20th July 2017, 06:18 PM
#snigger

Finbarr Saunders indeed :D

Boondougal
25th July 2017, 03:27 PM
@woodsport - pleased to say the large rubberised items you sold me have arrived today and boy oh boy those bad boys are going to squeeze right in very nicely indeed.

Oh.. and thanks for sending the mounts.

Woodsport
26th July 2017, 07:04 AM
You're very welcome sir.

Woodsport
27th July 2017, 06:35 AM
Ok chaps I have one set of these left in stock, my next order will be made in about 3 weeks time if there is further interest, but for now there is one set left on the shelf, any takers?

Woodsport
1st August 2017, 06:43 AM
One set left in stock from the current group order if there are any takers, after this set sells I am unlikely to do another run as there just isn't the market for them I was hoping for.

I will still be able to order individual sets but it will cost slightly more in future.

Thank you to everyone who ordered.

Martin42006
1st August 2017, 02:57 PM
I'm surprised there wasn't more takers.
Got mine in the powdercoated mounts and they look the mutts nuts, and should be soo much better than 30yo rubber which was knackered.

Boondougal
1st August 2017, 03:48 PM
I had a gearbox change to do and seeing the mounts come up just gave me an excuse to drop the whole engine and do the month at the same time... if I hadn't already been wrestling with taking the motor out I'm not sure I would have been as keen to buy a set... although knowing me I probably would have.

I guess its like anything... timing is key

polishandy
3rd August 2017, 11:24 AM
Can you pm me to get a hold of the mountains please woodsport

superwhite90
11th August 2017, 01:47 PM
I had my rubbers and inner rings pressed out this morning at work and have just fitted the new bushes inside.

The smaller one was a bit of a tight fit but that's probably due to the shape of the ring but the front torque mount slid in with ease :) will post up pictures later :)

Such a doddle to do! Can't wait to get them back on the car again!

Woodsport
25th August 2017, 04:27 PM
I have one more set of these in stock, not sure when I will be doing another production run, so grab this set while you can!

Pic shamelessly stolen from Martin who has just installed his....

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4367&d=1503356181

Adi64gt
28th August 2017, 08:41 PM
I'll take the last set Paul, PayPal ok?
I'm still saving for one of your 6 speed conversions, not much point putting the 7AGE in with the tired old 5 speed!!

Woodsport
29th August 2017, 06:07 AM
Hi, the last set from the group buy sold, but I will ring the supplier today and ask if another set can be made at the same price, I may have to order a minimum of 5 sets though, is anyone else still interested?

Yes the 6 speed is fantastic, and the 5 speed is getting very old and tired now.

Woodsport
31st August 2017, 06:55 AM
I can get a single set ordered but at £110 plus postage for the pair, so £117 total.

Unless I can get another group buy going for 5 or more orders and I can get the price back down to £90 per set plus postage.