PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Red MR2 Mk1b T-Bar £575/ £475 West Yorks

Nick45
10th May 2011, 09:59 PM
Hi All,

PRICE NOW REDUCED TO £500 WITH TAX OR £400 W/OUT

Having bought Mk1Dal/ Kate's old mica blue T-Bar, I've got to move ol' red on. I've had the car for the best part of 2 years and it's been great - if I could keep 'em both I would.

It's MOTd until the end of September and taxed until November so you're sorted for the summer.

Mileage is a recorded 112k which is consistent with the old MOTs for the past few years which I have and I have a receipt for the cam belt change at 104k.

In the recent past it's had replacement sills which are now rock solid, rear caliper and pads, rear tie bar replaced, exhaust from flexi pipe downwards and I've changed the oil regularly.

The paint is poor in places and it will need a new rear arch at some point. I've ground back/ filled and sprayed for now to keep it respectable for the summer! The front valance is also not original to the car (Mk1a) and needs work to make clean - no drama though.

I'm probably making too big a deal of these things for the money it's advertised at. It's 100% reliable and still moves as it's meant to. The engine pulls well/ gearbox/ clutch/ brakes are fine and the Momo wheel and K&N filter are nice touches. The price represents the car with tax. If you want a deal without tax to SORN and improve the car then it's £475. Rest assured you can jump in this car and drive it all day anywhere in the country. I'll be sorry to see it go. Hope someone here can use it. Drop me a PM with any questions/ for specific photos or to arrange a viewing - straight answers to any questions guaranteed.
Best, Nick

Nick45
15th May 2011, 07:45 PM
Couple of updates folks - firstly the tax will be cashed in before the end of the month as I'll need to SORN the car because of the new insurance legislation and my insurance is now transferred to my new MR2.

Secondly, this is a link to my ad for the car on Retrorides where the pics are better. Cheers, Nick.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=FSW&action=display&thread=103656

Nick45
2nd June 2011, 09:29 AM
Still here! Stripes now removed.

paulsims2001
8th July 2011, 06:29 AM
Hi Nick do you still have the car
Regards Paul