PDA

View Full Version : New Member: Oxfordshire

Darth-Tickle
20th April 2011, 07:06 PM
Hi All.
Just got myself sorted with a full user account and membership - having "lurked" for about a year. I'm located near Faringdon, on the Oxford-Swindon road.
I've loved MR2's since the Mk1 was new, and finally got a project car about a year ago. It's a Helios Blue Mk1 t-bar. So far it's had a little welding to pass last year's MOT, this year's MOT is due any day now.
I've replaced most of the interior, including changing the shredded Mk1 leather seats for Mk2 turbo seats in leather/alcantara. New 15'' wheels and high level brake light are the only external mods - and I want to keep it looking standard(ish) apart from this. I patched up some rusty spots for the time being, but there's a full respray planned after I get the rusty rear arches cut out and repaired, plus a few other external fixes that need doing.
I bought a new/old exhaust from "Oukie" a few weeks ago, but only just got round to fitting it - as it's MOT time, so I've already met one fellow member. Hoping to meet more members on some local events !

DarthTickle

mmayson
22nd April 2011, 01:03 PM
Hi and welcome!

:) Mike

Kateg28
22nd April 2011, 03:04 PM
:wave:

We seem to be getting a lot of new members at the moment which is great. We are a very friendly bunch and as Summer starts there are lots of events so you can get out and meet us all.

Get some photos up as we always like looking at some new cars

ScottMR2
22nd April 2011, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the site.

Ive only just got my mk1 the other month, and im only down the road in carterton, so im sure we'll cross paths soon enough, im in a C reg white/sivler two-tone!

Darth-Tickle
22nd April 2011, 06:57 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. I've spotted the odd mk3 recently, but they don't seem interested in a flash or a wave. Need to see more mk1's !!

ScottMR2
22nd April 2011, 07:14 PM
i flashed at a mk2 on the way to oxford today and the middle aged woman looked at me as if to say WTF lol. Don't know class when they see it.

i dread to think how much welding needs doing on my car, might get ahead of the game and see if i can get some welding classes under my belt...