PDA

View Full Version : Forum and website downtime

Monkeymax
20th April 2011, 04:23 PM
Just as a heads-up, we'll soon be changing servers and moving over to vBulletin with thanks to a company called Enigma (specifically one person helping us out with it - John). There will be some website and forum downtime in the next week or two. We'll keep you all appraised via this thread of any possible downtime we have planned for. :+:

MelR2Mk1
29th April 2011, 08:55 PM
Well done on getting it back up so quickly! Shame we've got some spammers in Off Topic :(

Monkeymax
29th April 2011, 09:52 PM
It's not all perfect yet, and got rid of most of the spammers (they got in before I had a chance to reinstate the anti-spam controls).

enigma
30th April 2011, 12:03 PM
Apologies for the spam!
I'm working with Max to get the niggles out - but it's gone pretty well so far.

We will get there!

superwhite90
1st May 2011, 11:23 PM
Are you going to change the background colour, i am finding this really difficult to use.

Monkeymax
2nd May 2011, 02:45 AM
Hi Alex, yeah it's on the list. You're not the first to ask about this. ;)
We'll sort it out ASAP, but there's a few other things that have to be sorted first such as email and registration problems...

-Max

superwhite90
2nd May 2011, 10:40 AM
Cool Max, thats fine. Didn't want to sound like a bitch hehe

MelR2Mk1
3rd May 2011, 07:10 AM
LOVE the garage pics at the top of the forum homepage :D

FossMan
4th May 2011, 07:46 AM
Is it just me or has it gone quiet here?

I had trouble figuring out how to reset my password (the shame) to allow me access and if you have the old forum URL saved as a bookmark it won't get you here. Maybe these factors are contributing?

88mister2
4th May 2011, 10:51 AM
Hi all, I have had a problem with my desktop not showing current pages on the forum and not letting me log in, it also showed me logged in all the time. I was using Internet Explorer 8. I had Firefox on the pc so I tried that and it worked OK. My laptop works with both Explorer and Firefox. This morning I checked all the settings on my laptop Internet Explorer and the desktop and found a crucial change. In Explorer look in Tools, Internet Options and under Browsing History check Settings. My desktop was set to never check for new pages, I have set it to Automatically check and now the pc works fine.
Hope this may be of use to other members.
Denis

No3157
4th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Hmm, maybe Foss...I also think the bank hols/wedding had something to do with it...
Seems to be picking up again now though, esp. the Garage...and vBulletin deffo has a nicer feel to it...just a few alternative colour options needed, IMO(although I can work with these ones)... :thumbup:
I've updated our Facebook group to reflect the changes, btw... :geek:

Monkeymax
4th May 2011, 11:46 AM
Yes, it has been quiet - I suspect the reasons that Mik suggested as well as the fact that not everyone has managed to get around to requesting the new password, etc.
Thanks for Updating Facebook Mik.

Still plenty to do to sort on here between Enigma and myself, but we're getting there. I'm having to relearn VBulletin's stuff as it's years since I last did any admin on it...

kevin..in
4th May 2011, 05:05 PM
Ok then was it only me that never read this thread while on the old server, spent the last few days wondering where you all had gone and if you were coming back

Monkeymax
4th May 2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry Kevin, we had short notice on when we could do it for various reasons.
Then, upon setting up the change in servers it took a few hours for the change to work in the best cases, and a couple of days in my observed worst cases (whereby going to the address http://www.mr2mk1club.com would take you to the old - now defunct - site rather than the new one). So I think a few people were stuck with no access for a few days. I apologise for this, but really it was in the hands of your ISP and our server company and out of our hands...

kevin..in
4th May 2011, 05:25 PM
kept clicking MK1Club in favourites and getting error 404 only just occured to me that you had changed server and I should have a proper look for where you (we) were
need the join the club link to work and I can become a paid up member of the club again as i will (hopefully) be collecting my latest MK1 this weekend, first outing will be Peak district run dejavu its 2005 all over again

Monkeymax
4th May 2011, 06:29 PM
Great. :+:
Yes, you need to update links where applicable. The site is now simply at:
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/
And the forum direct is at:
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum.php

However, the latest posts are shown on the front page of the website and we will (hopefully) be soon updating the website properly with info for events, etc, so it should become more useful in itself soon!
Plus we'll hopefully be doing membership based stuff online too so that there will be a proper online benefit for paid up members (to make it worth the money the members have paid!) and non-paid up members of the forums will have limited access to some of the forums... We're getting there... :)

kevin..in
4th May 2011, 06:45 PM
soon as you have the link set up i will become a brand new (old) member, and when I'm sorted here I can become active again in the club scene

Joy Toy Boy
6th May 2011, 07:47 PM
Ahhh! This is where you all are!
Been offline for a while and missed the news about the new server.Ooops.
Had the site on a bookmark and suddenly---no Mr2Mk1 Club!! Yikes!
Still, it all looks nice on here, somebody has done a lot of work.
Just one thing, where are all the smilies? I do like to litter my posts whith them 8-)
JTB

Joy Toy Boy
6th May 2011, 07:51 PM
Yikes!! How did I do that? 8-) . Oh look I`ve done it again! By typing an 8 a - and a ) 8-)

No3157
6th May 2011, 07:54 PM
That's how it now works... 8-)

Joy Toy Boy
6th May 2011, 08:10 PM
:grin: :thumbup: