PDA

View Full Version : tow bar needed :(

russthedude
10th April 2011, 07:11 PM
I know, I know!!!!!! but it's either get a tow bar or sell the mk1 and buy a normal car. I need to tow a small trailer full of scuba gear and survey equipment every weekend over summer, so rather than get a crappy normal car I'd rather fit a tow bar.

kevin..in
10th April 2011, 08:33 PM
they do exist, I have one, bill hulme made his own ask AW11Forever where his dad got his one from a few years ago

mr2mk1chick
11th April 2011, 01:26 PM
there were mk1 specific ones, but any towbar comapny should be able to fit a generic one for you, plus they can do removable ones too.

kevin..in
11th April 2011, 02:14 PM
there were mk1 specific ones, but any towbar comapny should be able to fit a generic one for you, plus they can do removable ones too.
my one is 3 bolts and off

bill hulme
11th April 2011, 06:16 PM
I know, I know!!!!!! but it's either get a tow bar or sell the mk1 and buy a normal car. I need to tow a small trailer full of scuba gear and survey equipment every weekend over summer, so rather than get a crappy normal car I'd rather fit a tow bar.

I could possibly have a Whitter one for sale at the right price, It only fits a standard
exhaust, It will not fit a stainless exhaust.
you could PM me if your interested.
Bill Hulme.

kevin..in
11th April 2011, 06:26 PM

I could possibly have a Whitter one for sale at the right price, It only fits a standard
exhaust, It will not fit a stainless exhaust.
you could PM me if your interested.
Bill Hulme.
trimmed a bit off mine to accomodate a Magnex :+: