PDA

View Full Version : Donington Historic Festival - April 30th/May 1st

unowho
7th March 2011, 08:35 PM
Another invitation received, so if anyone is intersted in taking part or organising then feel free to take the reigns on this one

"I would like to invite your club to be a part of the inaugural Donington Historic Festival (April 30th-May 1st, Donington Park).

The Festival marks the resurgence of Donington as a circuit, and spectators will experience an enormous variety of racing action covering the 1930s to the 1980s, including Group C Le Mans sportscars, Porsche 917s and Ferrari GTOs, pre-War Bentleys, Bugattis and Alfa Romeos – and far more besides. There is free paddock access, allowing everyone to get up close to these outstanding racing machines, plus off-track displays and action, Group B rally cars, historic karts, autojumble and memorabilia stalls, cafés, bars and food outlets – and club displays of classic marques. Clubs will play a key role in the event, and we are keen that you are involved.

Your members can receive a special discount when they book tickets for our event - we are offering entry for two people for the whole weekend (April 30th/May 1st) for just £30 (i.e. £15 each), as opposed to the on-the-gate entry price of £22 per person per day. And they will be parked in the clubs display area, at the centre of all the action. We would love to see representatives of your club there. It's our first year and we appreciate that the event is not far away, so we are not setting minimum numbers for clubs to qualify for this ticket offer. If this is of interest, please let me know and I will send you a unique booking code which you can circulate to your club members so that they can take advantage of the offer and secure their tickets and entry to the club parking area

I look forward to hearing from you once you've had a chance to consider this message and very much hope that your club joins us at Donington.

With best wishes

Karen Coe
mailto:karen@doningtonhistoric.com "

Debs

unowho
9th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Club offer
Your club code is MR2DHF11. This gives entry to two people for the whole weekend (April 30th/May 1st) for just £30 (i.e. £15 each) when they book in advance, as opposed to the on-the-gate entry price of £22 per person per day (£36 for the weekend). In addition, your members can park in the car clubs’ display parking, in the centre of all the action. Tickets can be booked through www.doningtonhistoric.com (http://www.doningtonhistoric.com) or by calling the 24-hour ticket hotline 0844 873 7355. You must quote this code and book in advance to secure the discount.

For more information on the Donington Historic Festival, see www.doningtonhistoric.com (http://www.doningtonhistoric.com)

MelR2Mk1
21st April 2011, 07:47 AM
Only just spotted this one, shame no-one has taken it on as it looks very similar to Silverstone, but a third of the price!

Might try to get along and check it out.

old petrolhead
21st April 2011, 01:00 PM
This event is on the same weekend as the MR2 MK1 race at Brands on May 1