PDA

View Full Version : lsd gearboxes

ae8286
25th February 2011, 04:14 PM
gauging interest in my lsd gearboxes. got two. 1st is the original one that the 2nd gear synchro was warn and the 2nd one currently in the car that has lost third gear. what are they worth they have shafts.

both therefore will need attention. I may just put an na gearbox in for now and later put an lsd in one of them.

cartledge_uk
26th February 2011, 08:31 AM
both therefore will need attention. I may just put an na gearbox in for now and later put an lsd in one of them.

You'll be lucky to find an aftermarket LSD for an N/a box, very rare. (although I have one - not for sale)

ae8286
26th February 2011, 10:58 AM
kaaz and quaife do one am sure of it.

No3157
26th February 2011, 11:10 AM
Double post, lol - mods please delete... :lol:

No3157
26th February 2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, they do(KAAZ, deffo)...so did TRD, you have to look in the US/JDM for them though...

mr2mk1chick
26th February 2011, 03:54 PM
Yep, bit as said they are very rare to get hold of nowadays.
prob easier to find a std sc's LSD box TBH, and they are rare

cartledge_uk
27th February 2011, 08:20 AM
Yep, bit as said they are very rare to get hold of nowadays.
prob easier to find a std sc's LSD box TBH, and they are rare

Your right, quaife do do one :+: They didnt a few years ago.

But at £585+Vat (~£701) its a bit of a bum stinger one you factor in fitting to a box, but well worth it for the best diff out there.

oukie
27th February 2011, 09:28 PM
gauging interest in my lsd gearboxes. got two. 1st is the original one that the 2nd gear synchro was warn and the 2nd one currently in the car that has lost third gear. what are they worth they have shafts.

Could you please clarify are they mr2 mk1 N/A boxes or corrola boxes or SC boxes etc.

Chris

ae8286
27th February 2011, 10:54 PM

Could you please clarify are they mr2 mk1 N/A boxes or corrola boxes or SC boxes etc.

Chris

1st one is aw11 original s/c box 2nd one is corolla ae101gtz lsd box.
hope that helps

ae8286
28th February 2011, 01:30 PM
i just went to see the aw11 lsd box to get pics and it seems that the scrap metal people have taken it. it was in my brothers garden at the bottom. thieving idiots. Last time they took my c52 for my ae82 but i managed to track em down in the neighbouring area.

mr2mk1chick
28th February 2011, 06:55 PM
:shock: bugger!
an old one was taken from down the side of my house by 'scrap metal' (gypo's) dealers without my consent!
they weigh in well.....

oukie
28th February 2011, 07:26 PM
Theiving pickey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxstards