PDA

View Full Version : new owner

charlie budd
3rd February 2011, 10:31 AM
hello my names charlie, i am based in christmas common (oxfordshire).

recenlty i decided to start racing in the mr2 championship with red dragon track and race club. after a week of having my mk1 sat there, walking past it every day and not being able to drive it on the road . i decided to by mk1a road car. picking it up on sunday and cant wait.
i have always been in to older cars mainly minis, but had never really come across the mr2s. but i now definately have the bug.

for any one who is interested or may know any one interested
http://www.therealminicompany.com

restoration work available not just for minis. Mr2s.......anything

Kateg28
3rd February 2011, 12:52 PM
:wave:
I drove a mini quite regularly when I was a teenager and had a complete hoot. They were great fun. The MR2 holds some of the same characteristics, just on a slightly bigger scale. Bit more power, bit bigger and a tiny bit more crash protection. But still a bit like a little go kart in my opinion.

I would love to get an original mini but think my OH my finally object if we end up with 4 cars (alongside our 2 daily drives and my wonderful MR2)

Where are you based and tell us more about the car you are picking up. We will require photos as well as soon as you get it.

charlie budd
3rd February 2011, 01:19 PM
Minis are definately great fun, hoping the mr2 will be even better!
the company is in stockenchurch near high wycombe and i live just outside of henley - on thames. I will upload photos once i have picked it up. i dont know to much about it apart from it is mk1a and i need to change the gearbox as its jumping out of fifth gear.
at the minute it is in red. but my plan is to have it re sprayed in gun metal grey. i have seen a couple of cars on here with wide arches and i quite fancy doing the same to mine.

many busy weekends to come!

jimi
3rd February 2011, 02:07 PM
I loved my Mini's :D had quite a few before I moved onto 2 seaters, that was many years ago :oops:
Here's my favourite one

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/02/1375-1.jpg

1961 mini with new wings, sills, rear sub frame. Slightly modified with a MG 1100 engine(12G295 head for those in the know ) twin choke 28/36 Weber on a water heated manifold, 3 branch exhaust manifold, Cooper S diff (3.44:1), Dunlop alloys and servo assisted brakes. Sprayed it Jet Truck Yellow with a black vinyl(fake) roof.
Brilliant car, could live with 1275 S's but not beat them, I had loads of fun with that car :D

No3157
8th February 2011, 09:51 AM
Minis are definately great fun, hoping the mr2 will be even better!
the company is in stockenchurch near high wycombe and i live just outside of henley - on thames. I will upload photos once i have picked it up. i dont know to much about it apart from it is mk1a and i need to change the gearbox as its jumping out of fifth gear.
at the minute it is in red. but my plan is to have it re sprayed in gun metal grey. i have seen a couple of cars on here with wide arches and i quite fancy doing the same to mine.

many busy weekends to come!
Oh, wow...another Oxfordshirian(lol)...and close to the 13 bends of death, too(I was in Sandhurst, then Aldershot for a while)...proper Mk1 country... :shock: :mrgreen:

Helped a friend build an Oselli-engined 1275(with original works carb stuff!) a few years ago, took it to Combe(Japfest, as it goes), and he was beating all sorts of bigger mnachinery - Polo G40, Golf Valve, 325i, 205 1.9 etc etc...absolutely hilarious car... :+: :+: :+:

Are MR2s fun?? Only bought one NON-AW since '98...make of that, what you will... :mrgreen:

One thing's for sure, if the looks don't put you off...one drive changes your perception of cars/driving, forever... :shh: ;)

Looking forward to some pics!! :+: :+: