PDA

View Full Version : Hi from scotland

Dave7494
24th January 2011, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone. Thought I would say hi. I am David and live in Falkirk in central Scotland. Had my mk1 for 2years and my dad had it for 3 years before me. Been off the road since 08/2010 so looking at getting it ready for summer and thought u folks would be a great help after reading thru some threads.
So hi and looking forward to getting to know everyone

mr2mk1chick
2nd February 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi David

welcome along :+:

there are a few active scottish members so you may get chance to go to a meet - check the events pages

Jo

jimi
2nd February 2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Dave
I'm not far from you, just across the water in the Kingdom :D

Kateg28
3rd February 2011, 08:47 AM
Hello. :wave:

I am miles away but thought I would say hello anyway. Welcome to the MR2 world.

Dave7494
3rd February 2011, 07:09 PM
thanks everyone,

jimi i see ur the mr2 wizard am i right?

very handy if ur not far mate lol

jimi
3rd February 2011, 07:48 PM
:oops: I'm no wizard, I know a little bit and I'm always willing to help out if I can :D

jonnie
3rd February 2011, 08:54 PM
Hello!

I'm in Edinburgh, so also not too far from you :+:

But I'm useless! :shh:

Kateg28
4th February 2011, 09:00 AM
I think in MR2 circles, and particularly MK1 ones, Jimi is so much more than a Wizard. He is possibly on of the High Grand Master Chief Wizards.

There are few names that are established wizards and Jimi is one of them. There are also some new wizards coming on board so it is all good.

I am also in the useless camp, constantly suprised to open the bonnet and find the engine missing. :o

Dave7494
4th February 2011, 12:41 PM
I am definitely no wizard but have a Haynes manual for it and love to get dirty lol. Always try and get stuck in and if I have trouble then I get help. Only way to learn I think lol

jimi
4th February 2011, 01:22 PM
:oops:

I think in MR2 circles, and particularly MK1 ones, Jimi is so much more than a Wizard. He is possibly on of the High Grand Master Chief Wizards.

There are few names that are established wizards and Jimi is one of them. There are also some new wizards coming on board so it is all good.

I am also in the useless camp, constantly suprised to open the bonnet and find the engine missing. :o
There's only one "High Grand Master Chief Wizard" and his name is Paul :+:

I am definitely no wizard but have a Haynes manual for it and love to get dirty lol. Always try and get stuck in and if I have trouble then I get help. Only way to learn I think lol
:+: definitely the best way to learn, it's what I have done for many years and I'm still learning ;)
Bin the Haynes book of lies ;) It's based on US spec cars and there are quite a few differences that can mislead you.
Better downloading a copy of Toyota's workshop manual (aka The Big Green Book, aka the BGB) or better still PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of a disc I compiled with all the MK1 info I have on it (e.g. BGB, 4A-GE Engine manual, Electrical diagrams, How-to's etc. etc.) :)

Kateg28
4th February 2011, 01:35 PM
Oh yes, Paul. Good shout.

Maybe you can be Deputy High Grand Master Chief Wizard

Monkeymax
7th February 2011, 01:10 PM
Bin the Haynes book of lies ;)

Definitely agree with this piece of wisdom! :lol:
I was sorting out a wiring problem on my Mk1 on Saturday and wanted to confirm a wire did what I thought it was doing. Looked at the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual as it was closest to hand, and the wire colours were all wrong for what they were supposed to be! :lol:
Ended up figuring it out and fixing it by myself...

(I should've known better - I found mistakes in the Haynes manual when doing my suspension change. The BGB is far better)

The Silver Fox
7th February 2011, 02:27 PM
Jimi,

Are you going to make your disc available to all or have it available to download?

I wouldnt mind paying for the info.