PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne Magnificent Motors, 30th April - 1st May

unowho
21st January 2011, 02:59 PM
Have received an invitation from S/E Drivers Club to this show, is anyone is interested

Eastbourne Magnificent Motors - Sunday 30th April & Monday 1st May

This is a 2 day event with the location being moved so the organisers can have it over a bigger area.
With 25,000+ visitors flocking to the show in 2009, it has become established as one of the biggest FREE motoring spectaculars on the South Coast. More than 500 vintage and classic cars, motorbikes, buses, steam traction engines, commercial and military vehicles displayed on Eastbourne's elegant promenade and seafront.
Other attractions included a French Market and funfair rides.

I know I for one will be attending, so come on guys why not :+:

andyj
22nd January 2011, 04:18 PM
Yes, I'll be there. Say on the Sunday.

Went last year and despite rain, it was a lovely location. Not that big so good to see new venue. Hope not far from shop/restaurants. Had great "full English" down there for price of a burger at other events!

Alan SE
22nd January 2011, 05:41 PM
Me to,
I've been looking at this show and it looks pretty good.
I'm also going to the Herne Bay show on the Saturday, then Eastbourne Sunday. Doesn't seem worth going home in between so thinking it would be good to :+: stay in a hotel overnight and have a few beers!
Anyone fancy doing the same and joining me Saturday and Sunday?

unowho
22nd January 2011, 07:20 PM
Me to,
I'm also going to the Herne Bay show on the Saturday, then Eastbourne Sunday. Doesn't seem worth going home in between so thinking it would be good to :+: stay in a hotel overnight and have a few beers!

Sounds like a plan......we're actually away week before at Oulton Broads and not worth going home so hot footing it down south from the Friday, so may do Herne Bay on the Saturday too

andyj
23rd January 2011, 11:07 AM
Me to,

Yes, sounds like an idea. Probably get ultra cheap Travelodge deal if we book up long way ahead. Will do some research.

superwhite90
24th January 2011, 03:21 PM
I'll be up for that. Only on the sunday for me though.

Alan SE
4th February 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi Andy and Debs
I've had a look for hotels near eastbourne for Saturday night and it all seems pretty much booked up! This is the long weekend where we have got friday off for the royal wedding and monday is also a bank holiday. The only place I found was a Travelodge in Eastbourne called "Eastbourne Willington Drove" Looked ok and there's a Toby Carvery opposite. But it's £70 room only so not cheap! If no one is interested or can't find anywhere cheaper might have to stay the hotel called "El stayat 'ome" Saturday night.
Any comments?

andyj
5th February 2011, 10:44 PM
Alan,

So sorry but might have to change my plans. Went to Frank Dickersons restoration place today and they're taking my car in from 9 April for 6 weeks. They can't do it any earlier. So I won't have a car that Eastbourne weekend. Not sure if I may look in on the Sunday as a visitor rather than exhibitor. Without an MR2 though, I'm probably not up for the whole weekend.

Andy

unowho
13th February 2011, 02:42 PM
We may have a change of plans too, as trying to get hotel in Eastbourne pretty hard going at the mo, as we'll have just come back from a week away!!! AND the biggest of all, is also on the Sunday there is MR2 Racing at Brands Hatch, and although I love a good car show, know where I would rather be :think: :shifty: