PDA

View Full Version : Scratching the Mk1 Itch in the North West

Rick McRick
21st January 2011, 01:21 AM
Hi All,

Just bought this Mk1 off CabbyDave so thought I would join up here and come along to a few meets.

When and where is your next North West meet that I would be welcome to?

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/01/Mk1b-1.jpg

88mister2
21st January 2011, 07:02 PM
Hi and welcome to the club. Check out the Events forum, North West area, all the details of the local meets are there. Bill Hulme is our area organiser. The meetings are held on the 2nd Sunday of the month. Also check out the upcoming events forum, there are a number already planned for the NW, namely the Wales run, Tatton Park, the Peak District run and a Lake District run is also planned. Whereabouts in the North West are you?

Cheers
Denis

Rick McRick
22nd January 2011, 06:32 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the response, quiet bunch on here :lol:

I'm in a small village just out side of Wigan and St Helens, not to far from your monthly meet spot.

I can't find anything on the next meet, but I assume it will be Sunday 13th Feb? 12:30 at the Wiggin Tree? (Or what ever it's called now).

88mister2
23rd January 2011, 09:10 AM
Hi,
The next meeting will be on 13th Feb, Bill will confirm about a week before. The Wiggin Hill will be handy for you. We normally gather near the bottom end of the car park. Hope to see you there if the weather is OK.
Denis

Jimbo_Jet
23rd January 2011, 07:29 PM
Hey Rick, where are you exactly? I'm in Standish, Wigan, which is about 5 miles from the monthly meet point.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=9366.

This is mine but it's not that clean now! ;)

Rick McRick
25th January 2011, 12:37 AM
Hey Jimbo,

You're car looks awesome, I hope mine is looking that good once it's all finished, I'll be over for lots of tips LOL.

Do you know where Garswood is? Well that's me, just the other side of Wigan from you :)

Jimbo_Jet
25th January 2011, 08:42 AM
Trust me, it doesn't look that good now ;) That was taken almost 4 years ago and about 8 months after it had a total respray - it's my daily drive so I've got little bits of rust all over the place now :lol: But you're welcome to pop over any time you like and hopefully I think I can make Feb's meet :)

Yeah I know Gasrwood, you're probably only a 12-15min drive to the meeting point at Parbold Hill :+:

Rick McRick
25th January 2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, just 2 or 3 junction up the m6 for me, very convenient so I have no excuses not to be there :-)

Mine is my daily drive at the moment, but ill soon be back on my traffic and petrol cost beating 125cc motor bike for the daily commute now as the snow and ice is giving it a rest. I'm also hoping to pick up a MK2 turbo this year to replace the one I just lost which prompted me to scratch the mk1 itch. I'm hoping to find a way to keep both.