PDA

View Full Version : AUGUST 19th/21st TATTON PARK CLASSIC CAR SHOW

bill hulme
9th January 2011, 10:47 AM
I hope to try for a 15 car plot, there is a limited amount of camping.
This is the second of the great car shows that we the club attends
each year and well worth the effort.
More details near the time. THE CLOSING DATE FOR FREE TICKETS THE 8th JULY don't miss out. I need your name, address, phone number, car registration,( NO IMFORMATION NO TICKET ) (you can come for one day Saturday or Sunday if you wish) Please email me with your information. ( Camping is £10 )

1 Bill Hulme Friday Saturday Sunday Camping
2 Sean Kenyon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 Superwhite90 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Covero friday Saturday Sunday Camping
5 Denis eley saturday sunday
6 tommudy friday Saturday Sunday camping
7 Jimbo-jet Saturday Sunday
8 Graham Wilkinson Sunday
9 Ali Reeves Saturday Sunday

seankenyon
1st February 2011, 08:58 PM
I'll be coming, as i attended the show and came onto your stand last year, my MR2 restoration wasnt ready, now it is id like to bring it along to display if thats ok?

Thanks,

Sean.

superwhite90
9th February 2011, 12:56 PM
Ill put my name down as i would like to come, but whether or not my car will be alive by then is another matter :lol:

coverco
25th May 2011, 03:22 PM
Please add me to the list as well Bill
4 coverco (Tommy & Mike) Friday, Saturday and Sunday Camping.

Obviously as a non member I realise it is members first. I will off course be available for setting up the marquee on Friday :thumbup:

bill hulme
6th June 2011, 07:24 AM
AUGUST 19th/21st TATTON PARK CLASSIC CAR SHOW

I 15 car plot, there is a limited amount of camping.
More details near the time. THE CLOSING DATE FOR FREE TICKETS THE 8th JULY don't miss out. I need your name, address, phone number, car registration, (you can come for one day Saturday or Sunday if you wish) Please email me with your information. ( Camping is £10 )

Master-B
6th June 2011, 04:58 PM
10 Kris Bates Saturday Sunday

mk1 dal
7th June 2011, 03:27 AM
hi , put me down please bill , sat , sun camping and my brother sat , sun , camping .

thanks gary

bill hulme
7th June 2011, 05:11 AM
AUGUST 19th/21st TATTON PARK CLASSIC CAR SHOW

More details near the time. THE CLOSING DATE FOR FREE TICKETS THE 8th JULY don't miss out. I need your name, address, phone number, car registration,( NO INFORMATION NO TICKET ) (you can come for one day Saturday or Sunday if you wish) Please email me with your information. ( Camping is £10 )

11 Kris Bates saturday Sunday
12 Gary (mk1del) Saturday Sunday Camping
13 Andrew Mellor Saturday sunday Camping
Bill.

Bazzbiggles
7th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Bill, Can you put me down for the Saturday this time please.

Thanks,

Barrie.

bill hulme
8th June 2011, 06:44 AM
More details near the time. THE CLOSING DATE FOR FREE TICKETS THE 8th JULY don't miss out. I need your name, address, phone number, car registration,( NO INFORMATION NO TICKET ) (you can come for one day Saturday or Sunday if you wish) Please email me with your information. ( Camping is £10 )

2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 Julian Weaver Friday Saturday Sunday Camping
14 Barry pooley Saturday
15 Val Aspen Saturday Sunday
16 martin Perry Saturday Sunday
17 John Redmond Saturday Sunday
18 peter shimwell Saturday
19 Kevin in
Bill
ALL THE 2 DAYS ARE BOOKED UP

bill hulme
15th June 2011, 07:28 AM

2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 Barry pooley Saturday
Bill.

There are only 1 Sunday left, so if you what a great free day out give me your details.

bill hulme
15th June 2011, 09:33 PM

2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14 Barry pooley Saturday
19 Kevin in
Bill
ALL BOOKED UP FOR BOTH DAY

bill hulme
20th July 2011, 07:53 PM
I posted all the tickets for the Tatton park show today, we have 16 cars on both days, so please be there well before 9.00 am.
we have the same plot as last time E15.
people that are camping need to pay £10 at the main entrance,
All other members just show your ticket and drive through.
bill.

kevin..in
21st July 2011, 04:56 PM
got mine today, whos says post is crap?

Master-B
21st July 2011, 05:43 PM
Got mine too. BUT ticket says plot E15, map says E14? Anyone else get this? Only ask cos E15 had 3 police cars on it last time and was near enough full so 16 mk1s would need a tetris champion to squeeze us all on!

kevin..in
21st July 2011, 06:07 PM
Got mine too. BUT ticket says plot E15, map says E14? Anyone else get this? Only ask cos E15 had 3 police cars on it last time and was near enough full so 16 mk1s would need a tetris champion to squeeze us all on!

so long as those pretend plods aren't there with their stupid sirens, what a bunch of twonks

Master-B
21st July 2011, 06:55 PM
Ha ha ha aint that the truth :-D

bill hulme
21st July 2011, 10:48 PM
I know we have the same plot as I asked for it, the mix up is I copied some of the old maps to give out as there
wasn't Meny sent. if you have a orange line that's an old one if its a yellow line that's the new one sent to me,
and its the same plot with a number difference, I hope this clears it up.
Bill.

Master-B
22nd July 2011, 05:37 AM
Ta bill :-)

88mister2
22nd July 2011, 08:02 AM
Received my ticket, thanks Bill. Should see you at the next club meet before Tatton.

Jimbo_Jet
22nd July 2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Bill, thanks for the ticket I received it yesterday! :)

Unfortunately I need to warn you that sadly there is now a good chance that I won't be able to make the Sunday show. But I WILL 100% be there for the Saturday show :) So is there any way to transfer my Sunday ticket over to someone else who might want to go?

Sorry for the mix up.

Thanks - James

coverco
22nd July 2011, 12:39 PM
Got mine today thanks Bill :+:

Lakelad
9th August 2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the ticket that arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Bad news today - my MK1 failed its MOT.

Nothing too serious - brake caliper - brake pad - side light bulb - but sills have rust holes on both side. Booked into bodyshop on Thursday and will have it re-mot'd next Thursday so hope all is Ok in time for Tatton,

Graham

coverco
14th August 2011, 08:21 PM
What time do you want us there on Friday Bill?

bill hulme
15th August 2011, 06:12 AM
I normally get there about 4.00 but you can come when it is best for you. I only have to put up the gazebo,
Camping is now behind the main toilet block and water point.
Bill.

coverco
15th August 2011, 06:11 PM
Saturday looks a bit bleak, but still looking forward to it.

Lakelad
16th August 2011, 06:56 PM
Just picked up the car from the bodyshop - booked in for MOT Thursday afternoon.

Graham

coverco
17th August 2011, 06:10 PM
Just picked up the car from the bodyshop - booked in for MOT Thursday afternoon.

Graham

Fingers crossed Graham, hope to see you on Sunday, just heard Tom Mundy is not coming so we need as many people as possible.

Jimbo_Jet
18th August 2011, 08:19 AM
Not sure if I should go or not? Been doing some work on my car over the last 3 days and it's been a disaster :( Broke a window, snapped loads of trim, messed up the final lacquer coat when I resprayed my roof and the can nozzle exploded like a bottle of champagne all over the roof.... the list goes on and on. Sick of it now.

Still got loads of trim missing from the car and no time to put it right for Saturday and the paintwork's a state. :(

Master-B
18th August 2011, 10:05 AM
Not sure if I should go or not? Been doing some work on my car over the last 3 days and it's been a disaster :( Broke a window, snapped loads of trim, messed up the final lacquer coat when I resprayed my roof and the can nozzle exploded like a bottle of champagne all over the roof.... the list goes on and on. Sick of it now.

Still got loads of trim missing from the car and no time to put it right for Saturday and the paintwork's a state. :(

Come down anyway - Tom Mundys car had a primered front end at the June show, Bill's is 6 shades of pinky red, my front bumper is scuffed & scratched - as you know there are very few concours mk1s around and you'll be able to get some great advice from Gary on the paintwork & maybe get some spare parts lined up for the bits you have broken

Jimbo_Jet
18th August 2011, 10:16 AM
I suppose so, just feeling sorry for myself that three days of seriously hard graft have not come to much and the end product looks a lot worse than I had hoped for. I’ve got newly sprayed wings and front valance panels to put on it which look MINT but I got no where near to putting them on, I’m knackered!

The bits I ruined were the rear plastic capping trims that go over the rear of the C pillar, either side of the clear TOYOTA spoiler on the roof and which run down to the boot. Never removed them before but the bolts inside the removable trim ALL snapped off as I undid the screw fixings from them. Now I’ve no way of putting them back on again, as the screws used to secure them now have nothing to screw into! :( It’s hard to describe but if you’ve removed them before you’ll know what I’m talking about.

Master-B
18th August 2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah I think I know what you mean - the 2 big black plastic caps? Or all of the screws? If the spoiler is secure you could just bond (bodge) them back in place... a bit naughty that though. Id be tempted to get down to maplin & see what they have that could do the job

Jimbo_Jet
18th August 2011, 11:11 AM
This is the bit!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm158/JamesEPass/Car%20Stuff/RearTrim.jpg

It holds four nuts in the plastic trim itself, in to which the four external screws fix. Well all my bolts, on both sides have broken away, I'm amazed I managed to removed them with the bolts spinning around inside!

Master-B
18th August 2011, 11:14 AM
Aha! You can deffo fix that with some little metal clips that you slide over the top of the screwhole on the metal of the car body. The idea is the screw thread catches the edge of the clip - Gary showed me that trick when he had the same issue on his 2 tone. If you give him a shout maybe he can bring some from the garage?

Jimbo_Jet
18th August 2011, 11:20 AM
Oh I see! I tried two part Araldite glueing the nuts to the metal part of the body and then screwing in to them. Tried it this morning when the glue was dry. Got half way in with each bolt before the glue snapped and the nuts started spinning round! Now I'm not sure how I'm going to remove it again to try Gary's trick?

Where would I get these clips from?

coverco
18th August 2011, 01:29 PM
Jimbo I have just been into my garage and have found a pair of these trims with all the nuts intact. They could do with a coat of satin black but are totally undamaged, however I can't find the big screws that go into them. I will happily bring them along and as long as you have the original screws we can sort it in 5 minutes. They are free of charge although if you want to buy me a cider it would be appreciated :D

Let me know if you want them as I always struggle with room in the car at Tatton and these would take the space of around 3 cans of cider :lol:

Lakelad
18th August 2011, 09:59 PM
Passed its MOT at 6 o'clock this evening - very pleased so all set for Sunday.

Washing and polishing tomorrow evening and looking forward to being at Tatton again.

Graham

coverco
19th August 2011, 10:41 AM
Just packing car, I will assume you don't want the trim pieces Jimbo so they are being left on the workbench.

Jimbo_Jet
19th August 2011, 10:43 AM
Hi, sorry for not getting back to you sooner! I think I'll try Gary's trick first to see if that works.

Thanks very much for the offer tho! :)

coverco
19th August 2011, 11:29 AM
Gary's fix does work, but it is not as good as an original set of trim with all nuts intact. Anyway if you make it I will see you at the weekend.

tommundy
19th August 2011, 11:33 AM
Have a great time everyone! This is the first Tatton I've missed in my 3 years of MR2 Mk1 ownership, gutted, but I have some things to sort out inc. finishing off a few jobs on my MR2 to put it in for it's MOT.

Hope the weather is good! Hope the bacon is tasty! Hope the beer is cold and free-flowing!

Cheers,
Tom

Jimbo_Jet
19th August 2011, 12:31 PM
Gary's fix does work, but it is not as good as an original set of trim with all nuts intact. Anyway if you make it I will see you at the weekend.

Yep, you're quite right :) but I've already sprayed mine matt black so hopefully I can still use them. But it you want to get rid of yours, please bring them along and I'll happily furnish you with said pint! :D Can't have too many spares now can you ;)

Jimbo_Jet
19th August 2011, 12:33 PM
Actually just thought, what time can cars start to leave the display area? I won't be able to stay as late as I usually do so if it's possible to get out at 5ish that would be very helpful?

coverco
19th August 2011, 12:53 PM
I just got them in behind the drivers seat :+:

You can leave from 4ish from memory, so you will be OK. Also we are quite close to the exit so it will be no problem.

mk1 dal
19th August 2011, 08:49 PM
hi , see you all tomorrow , car now packed and looking forward to a top weekend

gary

Master-B
19th August 2011, 09:59 PM
Gary did you speak to bill? Give him a ring if not

Jimbo_Jet
19th August 2011, 10:06 PM
If we're there for 9 is that plenty of time before the gates open?

Master-B
19th August 2011, 10:09 PM
Yer, Im getting there about half 8 - 9 ish, gates open at 10

mk1 dal
19th August 2011, 10:43 PM
hi chris i got hold off bill thanks mate , see you in the morning lads , get there around 8 30 am ,this way you miss the long queues to get in . James i,m bring some gear with me to sort out your paint work and parts to fix your back trim . bring a bucket with you for flat wetting the paint down , it wont take long to do with the professional products i have got .

gary

kevin..in
21st August 2011, 04:03 PM
just got back, great day & good atmosphere lots of new people interested in MK1s

Lakelad
21st August 2011, 04:33 PM
Just got home - good to see everybody today - thanks for a good day and a big thanks to Bill for getting us all organised!

Graham

mk1 dal
21st August 2011, 08:10 PM
hi . many thanks to bill for sorting another top weekend out . it been the best yet and just gets better every year . the turn out for saturday was 16 cars on the stand and 14 on Sunday an excellent turn out . the weather was very good this time which was a big bonus and the crowds flocked there in masses . saturday night was brilliant full and very sociable all the Toyota related clubs got together round the camp fire and had a brilliant time and lots of alcohol ( priceless ) camping at this event does put the cherry on cake and is well worth the effort . a few pics from a brilliant weekend , roll on next years shows .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales441-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales442-1.jpg

bill very happy has he as just finished polishing his car from pink to red . wink ,wink .
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales452-1.jpg .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales453-1.jpg

mk1 dal
21st August 2011, 08:17 PM
saturday night .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales457-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales462-1.jpg

she started early , lovely little dog
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales454-1.jpg

sunday mornings breakfast yum yum

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales458-1.jpg

coverco
21st August 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks for a great weekend everyone. So many good memories, Mike being sick in the tent, Andy's collapsing chair, Bills guess the car game and Laurens I am on fire dance, Tatton is the most friendly show there is and what a great turn out. Roll on next June and August, where we need to improve on 3rd best stand :lol:

mk1 dal
21st August 2011, 08:30 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales459-1.jpg
watch your fingers tommy lol
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales460-1.jpg

this monster size dog was on the club stand last year when he was a pup and fitted in the mark one , not any more
he now weights 13.5 stones and wont fit but he is still soft as muck ,top dog
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales443-1.jpg

and a cat what thinks its a dog , and was mental but beautifully marked and a rare bread .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales448-1.jpg

mk1 dal
21st August 2011, 08:36 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/wales461-1.jpg

a short video to show all the cars there on sunday , click on the pic to see it .

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/08/th_wales463-1.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/mk1dal/?action=view&current=wales463.mp4)

top top weekend a loved every minute of it .

gary :+:

Master-B
21st August 2011, 08:51 PM
What a great weekend, great to see everyone, as Tommy said this is a very chilled & friendly event - we cant wait for next years tatton shows. Bill does a great job organising these events & so getting the trophy for 3rd best stand was well deserved - well done mate!

Rick McRick
24th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Guys,

Looks like a great show, really gutted I never made it along but I was called upon by a very close friend who needed a lift over to Anglesey for the day and back again.

Although I doubt I will be driving my Mk1 again (it decided to break down instead of being sold) I will catch you all again very soon!

Rick

Jimbo_Jet
25th August 2011, 04:07 PM
For those who want to see some more cars this weekend, have a look at Ormskirk Motorfest below! I'll be there! :)

http://www.ormskirkmotorfest.com/Ormskirk_MotorFest_-_What_is_MotorFest.html

And here's the entry list, 257 cars including an Enzo!

http://www.aintree.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ormskirk-motorfest-2011-official-entry-list-240811.pdf

Looks like the MG owners club have got several cars going, if they do it again next year maybe we should get some good looking MK1's into the parade laps? :)