PDA

View Full Version : PEAK DISTRICT RUN NUMBER 2 SUNDAY 25th SEPTEMBER

bill hulme
9th January 2011, 10:20 AM
Here is the second one, As before we will meet at Tesco at Macclesfield SK10 2AB. leaving at 9.30am Gary (mk1dal) will doing the full day run again.
Please read the last Peak District to see what its all about, So put your name down.
Bill.
1 Gary Mellor (MK1DAL)
2 Bill Hulme
3 Graham (lakelad)

bill hulme
13th August 2011, 10:24 AM
PEAK DISTRICT RUN NUMBER 2 SUNDAY 25th SEPTEMBER

Here is the second one, As before we will meet at Tesco at Macclesfield SK10 2AB. leaving at 9.30am Gary (mk1dal) will doing the full day run again.
Please read the last Peak District to see what its all about, So put your name down.
Bill.
1 Gary Mellor (MK1DAL)
2 Bill Hulme
3 Graham (lakelad)
4 Peter Shimwell

Rick McRick
13th August 2011, 10:53 AM
I could follow behind at a distance in a Mk2 or on a motor bike ;)

88mister2
13th August 2011, 04:57 PM
PEAK DISTRICT RUN NUMBER 2 SUNDAY 25th SEPTEMBER

Bill.
1 Gary Mellor (MK1DAL)
2 Bill Hulme
3 Graham (lakelad)
4 Peter Shimwell
5 Denis (88mister2)

mk1 dal
27th August 2011, 03:11 AM
hi all , this is the last nw run of the year before winter and i have more top roads planed ( a few more fast road rally stages to push the mk1 to the limit :evil:,) get your names down for a top day out . please make sure you cars have good brakes and tyres and are mechanically sound if you attend , i don't wont anyone planting there pride and joy through a wall

gary :thumbup:

coverco
8th September 2011, 04:55 PM
Put me and Mike down for this one Gary, I just hope the weather is a bit better than last time, and let's take Denis's keys off him when we stop for lunch :D

1 Gary Mellor (MK1DAL)
2 Bill Hulme
3 Graham (lakelad)
4 Peter Shimwell
5 Denis (88mister2)
6 Tommy (coverco)

88mister2
8th September 2011, 05:11 PM
I'll be bringing spare keys just to make sure. At least we all know how to get into the mk1 with the right equipment, and I don't mean a hammer!
Denis

coverco
8th September 2011, 05:54 PM
Just don't put the spare keys in the boot Denis, see you soon :D

autobody
9th September 2011, 06:24 PM
One day hopefully I will join you on this run, once I sort my mr2. As I don't live to far. It would be good to meet local owners

mk1 dal
18th September 2011, 09:13 PM
hi Tommy , see you on Sunday mate :thumbup: and i hope its good weather , autobody you are more then welcome to join the runs when you have completed your car , the nw lads and girls are a great bunch and very friendly and you will enjoy your self . i have had a bit off a telling off it wont be the first or the last :lol:. it has been brought to my attention that this run is going to be flat out and for speed freaks , this is not the case at all ,its for every body to attend and i will personally be making sure that the roads are safely driven to the conditions as I'm in front and controlling the speed of the run , you cant do more than the speed limit on most of the run as the corners wont let you but they are very good fun .So get your names down for a top run out and the last of the year before the snow comes again .

gary :+:

julianw
19th September 2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Gary
While taking note of your post above, I think with my gearbox knocks/spongy brakes/oil leak, I'd be asking for trouble trying to do the route. I might however try to meet up with you all for the lunch stop if you know in advance where and roughly when it'll be. Don't want to miss out completely!

Rick McRick
20th September 2011, 08:28 PM
My Mk1 can hardly make it to the bottom of my street at the moment before cutting out so it won't be joining you on this trip.
If you ever open these runs up to other cars I'll be right back with you on them all.
In the mean time, I'll see you all at go karting and at the monthly meets.

mk1 dal
21st September 2011, 04:18 PM
hi , thanks for letting me know you cant make , can i please have a list of members who are defiantly going on this run .

thanks gary

bill hulme
23rd September 2011, 01:34 PM
Because of the lack of support the PEAK RUN IS ///////CANCELLED///////,,,,,,
Bill Hulme.

kevin..in
23rd September 2011, 05:28 PM
thats sad, I'm doing north yorks tomorrow so wouldn't have been able to do another on sunday, I know how much work goes into organising this event and its a pity people don't seem to want to try it, best scenery anywhere great roads and good company

tommundy
23rd September 2011, 06:59 PM
I was gutted when Bill phoned me today with the news that this was cancelled. I'd made a big effort to get the Mk1.5 ready and booked in for MOT this afternoon in preparation.

It passed though, first time, with only new rear tyres as an advisory! Very chuffed as I've done all the work on it myself.

If you're passing near Beverley tomorrow Kevin, feel free to pop in. Just PM me for contact details.

Cheers,
Tom

mk1 dal
23rd September 2011, 09:55 PM
hi tom , glad the car passed mate nice one . sorry the run has been cancelled but the numbers what where going to turn up wasn't worth the cost in fuel tbh ( 4 of us bill , Tommy , tom and me ) other members who were coming have had problems and had to cancel , that's life am afraid so the run will be on next year and hopefully bigger and better . There does seem to be a lack of support throughout the club ( the NW runs are very well supported usually ) for the club runs considering the amount of members we have and is usually the same people who attend them , these are a brilliant bunch of people and a great time is had by all , so if you are thinking of joining club events do it you wont be disappointed and will be made more than welcome . we need your support for next year events as members put hours in to planing them , graeme ( lakelad ) is awesome at planing routes and his lakes runs are not to be missed ,a fantastic day out , bill sorted the wales run out and again a fantastic day out which could easily be turned it to a weekend trip ( camping ) as there is so many good roads in wales . tom mundy is planing a run round is area for next year and am looking forward to that , so come on people get your Mk1s on the runs and out of the garages and enjoy yourselves your only hear once .

gary

lgreen5
24th September 2011, 06:20 AM
I will def be going on the runs next year. Really looking forward to it!

kevin..in
25th September 2011, 07:16 AM
I was gutted when Bill phoned me today with the news that this was cancelled. I'd made a big effort to get the Mk1.5 ready and booked in for MOT this afternoon in preparation.

It passed though, first time, with only new rear tyres as an advisory! Very chuffed as I've done all the work on it myself.

If you're passing near Beverley tomorrow Kevin, feel free to pop in. Just PM me for contact details.

Cheers,
Tom
thanks for the offer tom, but basically it was just a nip to the chippy run, Magpie cafe at Whitby, 420 miles for fish & chips, great day good run even some sunshine, top chips, & to please Bill there was even a gurl!

mk1 dal
25th September 2011, 08:29 PM
hi Kevin , you must like you fish in chips :lol: sounds a good day out , i have never been to Whitby but always planed to go , i must do it one day or could this turn in to a club run :think: it would be an excellent reason to go and a lot of fun

gary

kevin..in
25th September 2011, 08:36 PM
hi Kevin , you must like you fish in chips :lol: sounds a good day out , i have never been to Whitby but always planed to go , i must do it one day or could this turn in to a club run :think: it would be an excellent reason to go and a lot of fun

gary

organise that & I'm coming! but know this Gary yesterdays passenger was just way better looking than you! Oh and me! punching way above my weight with this one

mk1 dal
25th September 2011, 08:56 PM
hi kevin , she must be gorgeous then :clap: glad you had a good day out mate you deserve it , i think this should be on a bucket list to do next year :thumbup:.

gary

kevin..in
25th September 2011, 09:02 PM
been twice this year, google magpie cafe, best fish & chips ever! run in is similar to moors over the top of axe edge but then you dip down to the sea, & you also have goathland (aidensfield in heartbeat too) for the military defence types theres the early warning defences of filingdales moor, goths have whitby abbey with its mary shelley, dracula connections,boats, fish, fishing swing bridge ,mmmm whitby why do I love it?

mk1 dal
25th September 2011, 09:13 PM
sounds great kevin , i will speak to bill Monday about sorting this trip out , i'm sure members will want to do this run and you could give us your knowledge on the best route to take . i would love to do this run in a Mk1 , happy days .

gary

kevin..in
26th September 2011, 03:50 AM
I honestly only know (in my best Alf Ventris voice) top road over moors over be whitby way!