PDA

View Full Version : Gonna renew my love with the SC again soon*

rymixxx
6th December 2010, 08:21 PM
*ish...

Hi all, Steve here. My first proper car was a 1988 UK-spec T-bar and a couple of cars later I imported a G-limited SC, mica red, no sunroof, apparently one of the last ever off the production line.

She ran beautifully for three years then I sold it. Biggest (car) mistake of my life. I've longed for another Mk1 SC ever since, and now I've decided to return to the fold. Minor holdup: I need to save some cash first.

So how are these motors, 5 years on since I last drove one? Do they still hold up well? I was kinda worried they would all be falling apart by now but it's clear there are a lot of caring owners still out there, which heartens me.

By the way, I saw that awesome mica blue (edited out 'black') SC in the Classifieds section a few months back. Just WOW. That's exactly what I want. One day...

Steve

mr2mk1chick
9th December 2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Steve

welcome along :wave:

you kinda get what you pay for with these cars. ie less for those which need a bit of tlc on the bodywork and more for those with no rust.
the engines are pretty bombproof and simple to get parts and fix etc.

keep saving but if you have any favorite spec or colour be prepared to travel for the right car