PDA

View Full Version : Free Gearbox

mk1chris
18th November 2010, 12:02 AM
Free to good home:

One perfectly fine and working mk1 single humped gearbox off an E reg car with 105000 on the clock.

I removed this when i did my turbo conversion, and as I now use a double humped gearbox this is useless to me.

So if you can come and collect, its yours for nowt - else the scrap man can take it.

Collection from Croydon. SW London.

BigBobo
18th November 2010, 10:17 PM
Are the synchros ok on this gearbox? Any 5th gear pop out problems?

The synchros on my C50 gearbox are going and driving 800km+ ferry would still be cheaper than finding one nearby. How long can you hold on to it? If it's really good I might seriously consider it.

Also, can you transport a gearbox on the passenger seat in a mk1? :lol:

oukie
19th November 2010, 05:57 PM
Hi You can put it in your seat but make sure the seat is protected from any spills etc

Gad
20th November 2010, 11:53 AM
You can also fit them in your frunk, just make sure you keep the drain holes fairly upright or it might empty itself. :roll:
That is unless you like the smell of gearbox oil...

mk1chris
23rd November 2010, 01:11 AM
Are the synchros ok on this gearbox? Any 5th gear pop out problems?

The synchros on my C50 gearbox are going and driving 800km+ ferry would still be cheaper than finding one nearby. How long can you hold on to it? If it's really good I might seriously consider it.

Also, can you transport a gearbox on the passenger seat in a mk1? :lol:

Although the 'box was fine and only had the usual 5th gear nod starting to happen when i was using it, I'd not be confident that its worth an 800km trip. But its up to you. Going for scrap at the end of the week if no takers...

BigBobo
28th November 2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry kinda forgot about this one. But car still sitting on jackstands, will take a week or two to fix so won't be on time anyway.

Fuel for 800Km, ferry and some drinking money would still be cheaper than getting a gearbox over here. The Mk1 is uncommon in Belgium and parts are even rarer. Even rotten examples go for 1k euro.

Handley66paul
21st January 2011, 08:33 PM
Hey do u by any chance still have the gearbox? If so how much longer could you hold on to it for? Cheers