PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

marcp1987
1st November 2010, 08:51 PM
Hello all, my name is Marc, and im from Peterborough.

Just bought my wife a 1988 T-bar, in red, which is lucky for her and me really, as before we met, I so very almost swapped my mint Mk2 8v Golf GTI for a Mk1 MR2, but sadly the MR was rotten, and had a slipping clutch.

A few years on, she now wants to drive, and after seeing (and having a sneaky drive) of a neighbors MR2, she had to have one of her own! So I found one that looked upto the job on Retro Rides, cleared it with her (had to be red, had to be a T-bar, nothing else mattered) and picked it up!

It wasnt running when we bought it, but *looked* ok rust wise, once I had it running spot on, I started taking it apart.... mistake!!! Now I have found all the rust, its not too bad, just outer sills and A pillars mostly, I have the drivers side totally finished, so its moving on well. Pictures have been taken along the way, so I hope to start a build thread soon!

Anyway, theres my hello, hope to get along to a meet as soon as the cars finished, is there ever a big yearly bash?

Thanks!

mr2mk1chick
4th November 2010, 01:55 PM
Hiya and welcome :wave:

your wife is lucky to have you buy her the car AND be able to fix it :+:

Kateg28
5th November 2010, 08:28 AM
:wave:

We are a friendly bash. Although we do require photos so we can admire it so if you could get onto that we would be grateful.

Welcome and see you both at some events, Winter is quiet but there is stuff happening throughout the year. For the big bash you will probably need to wait until the Summer for JAE in Kettering (not too far from you).
:+:

rs_steve140
7th November 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi Marc Nice to have another member in Peterborough i live inWhittlesey