PDA

View Full Version : Ayrton Senna tribute

Spitfire
28th September 2010, 09:15 AM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/09/MR21-1.jpg Hi This is my new Mr2 , I have had a red T bar for the last 5 years which I had slowly upgraded ie Magnex exh, K&N, new brakes and discs. This car has been passed on to my son so I am glad I will still see it and work on it too no doubt.
The good thing with the new one is a lot of money has been put in to upgrading wheels 17" wolfrace, retrimed leather seats with mr2 logo, Momo wheel & handbrake, Magnex, pipercross, zinc discs, blue tinted windows, Sony CD MP3, rare air intake.
It goes well but there is a knocking from the drop links I suspect you hear it more going slow on rough roads, I have ordered 4 drop links, are they easy to fit?
The last owner was a big formula one fan and the car is a tribute to Ayrton Senna, with stickers of his helmet & signature. Wasn't sure at first but they are growing on me. He was there when he crashed in 1994.

Spitfire
28th September 2010, 03:08 PM
Think I can answer that no they are a pig to fit. Just tried to do a front one and the whole spindle spins round and unlike the new one with flats so you can stop it there are no flats on the old ones. Managed to get the bottom one loose by gripping the spindle with some thin grips, but gave up when I got to the top one. Any Ideas please?

No3157
28th September 2010, 03:13 PM
Hi there!! :wave:

Looks clean, a little too many stickers for my liking, but a nice machine otherwise!! :+:

ARB links...sounds horrible, however usually end up having to be ground off with an angle grinder... :shock:

Yes, they're that much of a PITA!! Always as problem with cars this old, not just AWs... :problem:

Best of luck with them!! :+:

superwhite90
28th September 2010, 03:24 PM
you need to use an allen key and a spanner to get the drop links off and to put the new ones on.

I've used a big old 3mm wall pipe on the end of my ratchet before to try and undo the castle nuts...they are as tight as a ducks arse! Be careful too, as my bar slipped off my ratchet and cut my head open :(

Spitfire
28th September 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the advice I have done them by cutting the top ends off with grinder, after using the allen key to release the bottom ones. Please look at my post under mechanical for more advice. Thanks