PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - A1 condition MR2 MK1a/b

PaulGRhodes
25th September 2010, 12:56 PM
Hi all.

After my first viewing and test drive of a MK1 last night, I came to the quick conclusion that Yes, I do want to be the owner of a MK1, But I want it to be in A1 condition.

So, here I am posting this request hoping that someone here is willing to sell me their MR2 or knows of someone who is.
My criteria are as follows.

MUST be in excellent, A1 condition - I expect the body work to be free from rust, dents and scratches. I don't mind if this is due to restoration or the car has been pampered throughout it's life.

Milage - 100,000+ miles is not an issue if the car has been maintained to the highest of standards and any mechanical work such as engine/gearbox rebuilds are well documented. Number of owners is irrelevant.

Original - After market body kits and heavy tuning mods are not desirable features. SS exhaust systems are acceptable and maybe 'after market' alloy wheels, depending on style, although original is better.

Model, Body Types and Colours - With the high stands I require in overall condition, I fully expect to have to compromise in these areas.
MK1a or MK1b are both acceptable.
My first preference in body style is Tin Top, then Sun Roof and lastly T-bar.
Red will always be my first choice, any other colour second.
Interior wise, Cloth is my first choice, Leather my second.

I'm based in Newcastle-Under-Lyme and willing to travel anywhere within the UK for the right car.

Thanks for taking the time to read this wanted ad'. All advice in finding my own MR2 is welcome.
Contact me on Paul.G.Rhodes@Virginmedia.com or message me on here.
Cheers, Paul.

rockinhorse
25th September 2010, 10:20 PM
hi mark check out "belfast gumtree" there seems to be quite a few mark 1,s up this last week or so for sale..

andrewaw11
26th September 2010, 09:44 AM
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6239&start=0 (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6239&start=0)
interested? :D

PaulGRhodes
27th September 2010, 09:58 AM
Hi, Thanks for the replies.
Ideally I'd like to stay on the main land when it comes to viewing and buying my own MK1, especially as I've only really just started looking. I'm in this for the long haul and expect to be looking for some months yet.
- Andrew, thanks for the suggestion, but I really am going for a red one in A1 condition at the moment. If I start to get impatient over the next few weeks though I might well be requesting a viewing.
Cheers, Paul.

coverco
27th September 2010, 10:08 AM
Paul, I may be willing to sell my car. Check out the restoration thread

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1533 (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1533)

I don't know if it is A1 condition but it is very clean and has had a ridiculous amount of money and work spent on it. It is sorned and out of MOT at the moment but that is because it sits in a centrally heated garage and has not been on the road for a bit, I would MOT it if anyone wanted it (it would fly through an MOT). It really needs someone to use it as I do not get the time. Contact me if you are interested.

PaulGRhodes
27th September 2010, 10:39 AM
Hi Tommy,
Yes, this is more what I'm in the market for.
If I can't get a perfect original example, then get one where all the hard work to make it perfect has already been done. :+:
I'll be viewing a car this weekend, and if it's not up to standard or over priced I'll be contacting you for sure asking for more details.
Cheers! Paul.

PaulGRhodes
27th September 2010, 10:45 AM
Tommy - Out of interest, the air scoop fitted to yours? This is something I've only seen on mk2 turbos. Is this purely a cosmetic feature or is it actually plumbed into the air filter box?
Either way I like it!

coverco
27th September 2010, 10:57 AM
Tommy - Out of interest, the air scoop fitted to yours? This is something I've only seen on mk2 turbos. Is this purely cosmetic feature or is it actually plumbed into the air filter box?
Either way I like it!

It is purely cosmetic Paul, I have the original panel as well sprayed at the same time so it matches. There is a K&N filter fitted so the air that goes through the scoop will be delivered onto the battery and the filter, it could be plumbed in if you wanted to do it. If you are interested in the car PM me a phone number and I will give you a call. I have tons of spares as well including a full set of original alloys, although the alloys fitted are actually Toyota.

PaulGRhodes
4th October 2010, 12:54 PM
Hi, Just wanted to let you guys know I'm sorted for an MR2 now, but thank you for your replies anyway.
Paul.