PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest in my 4AGTE Project.

mk1bexwa
18th September 2010, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone,

As you may or may not know I have been rebuilding my 4age engine as a turbo project.

We have rebuilt the arches and have started painting the body, the wheels have also been resprayed. The engine is back together but just needs intercooler piping sorting and the exhaust sorting then just needs the sensors plugging in.

Open to offers on the whole car, not really sure what it's worth.

This is the write up of my project. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5177 (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5177)

Long list of mods, if your interested contact me.

Regards,
Beckie.

Monkeymax
18th September 2010, 08:33 PM
Beckie, first off though I'm interested I can't afford to buy anything at the moment, so this is just a post with a few pointers... ;)

Firstly, whereabouts are you? If the car is not driveable, this will have a huge impact on who could potentially buy it.
Secondly, do you have any up to date photos to show the current condition of the car?

Lastly, I will say that from experience with my own SC during the course of rebuilding it, I also got fed up more than once - even when I was pretty close to finishing (no, I still haven't finished yet, but I'm nearly there and the car is now mobile). More than once I considered selling it, or taking the angle grinder to it. One of those times when I did consider selling it, I offered it to someone. To be fair, he offered to recoup my costs on the car, which was good of him, but that still would've been less than half what the car is worth as a complete runner. I fear the case may be the same for you - as it is now, it'll sadly be worth very little. It'll be worth more in parts (which is very gutting as I hate seeing these broken for parts) and worth more again as a runner.
Obviously I don't know all the circumstances behind you having to sell it, but if it's just becuase you've gotten fed up with it, just leave it for a bit but hang on to it. Keep at it when you get energy back for it, and finish it. Believe me, it'll be worth it. :+:

Whatever you decide on, good luck!

mk1bexwa
18th September 2010, 08:59 PM
hi,

I'm just gauging interest really, the car isn't practical and will proberbly do worse on fuel now also funding is low lol.

The car has good compression and just needs things plugging in really. I have lost abit of interest in the car as wanted it done for JAE but it didn't.

If the car doesn't sell as a whole then might consider breaking but I think that, that would be painfull.

Regards,
Beckie.