PDA

View Full Version : two mark 1,s located for breaking..(update)

rockinhorse
3rd September 2010, 08:41 AM
was talkin to a guy yesterday who said he spotted a mark 1 breaking in a yard near nutts corner..i am goin to take a run up and see what parts are still lef.. colour, trim etc and get as much details as possible ..so if any body needs bits i or someone can lift them.. :+:

alpha13
4th September 2010, 03:56 PM
ronnie.. what is the story with that one for breaking??? what is it? amd like?? colour trim and that??
cheers.

rockinhorse
4th September 2010, 04:50 PM
mark he has two, both 88/89 white and a mica blue, both interiors done in blue velvour check style and in good condition. the white t-bar one has 101,000 miles and still runs but in need of all the usual body work restoration, interior very good due to non leaking roof :o the story with the blue sun roof model one would make you cringe...it was in perfect order still has mot and tax ..now has no engine ,gearbox or front end as someone got in early..not surprising when you see the condition of the bodywork,it was sent to the breakers as part of the scrappage scheme, the non enthusatic owner wanted the money and the car got no mercy.. in my opinion it was a very presentable car as good as any that us guys are drivin now, just a victim of the times..anyhow i left our cards etc and told the guys to put me in touch with any mark 1 men who call..so i can go snappin after them :lol: :lol: i have another guys name who is currently restoring at the moment.. guess who,s callin with him.. :+: