PDA

View Full Version : Nice MK1 wanted

jonnie
21st August 2010, 11:45 AM
Hello,

I joined up and have been posting recently as I'm currently looking for a MK1 to replace my MK2 turbo with. I'd rather spend a bit more money and get a nice solid example than have to keep spending money on a shitter so if you have one that you think I might be interested in, please post it up :+:

I'm interested in all colours except for red, as I've owned two red MK2s recently and I'd like something else now! I'm based in Edinburgh but if the car is a good example and it's worth traveling for then I won't hesitate to do-so :)

I haven't sold my turbo yet but somebody is interested in it so hopefully it'll be gone soon and I'll have the cash ready.

So if you've got a solid N/A MK1 for sale, post it up and we'll see if we can arrange something :+:

rizmr2
24th August 2010, 10:45 PM
I HAVE MK1 MR2 MIDNIGHT BLUE FOR SALE CALL ME 07715541335

Ben
25th August 2010, 09:49 AM
Riz,

Please stop typing in capitals, it is considered as shouting on forums.

Thanks

paulsims2001
26th August 2010, 05:44 AM
Hi just listed mine may be too much tho
Regards paul

rockinhorse
26th August 2010, 09:40 AM
there is a 89 helious blue for sale on belfast gumtree ex show car and owned by retired gent average but high miles to some.. reasonable money i thought since all the usual problems have already been attended too..

jonnie
26th August 2010, 12:03 PM
Hi Paul, thanks for the post :) I'm afraid you're right, it's a bit out of my ideal price range.

I've done a bit more thinking and ideally I'd like a car that has minimal rust but needs a bit of a restoration and doesn't have too high mileage for around the £1000 mark.

Good luck with your sale though :+:

rockinhorse, I had a look around on Belfast Gumtree and couldn't find the car you're talking about? Do you have a link for it at all? Cheers!

Alan SE
26th August 2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Jonnie,
Are you interested in a Mica blue T Bar. Just failed it's MOT. Needs some welding. Owner hasn't time to repair so just wants to sell as it is. Car is in Wimbledon. SW London. Well within your price range.
An advert for it sale will be appearing on this forum very soon.

paulsims2001
26th August 2010, 02:25 PM
I will have a white sunroof one coming up in two weeks time about 128k miles taxed 6 months ,mot till jan in good cond not much tlc needed,if you send your email I will send some pics in a few days if you want
Regards Paul

jonnie
26th August 2010, 11:48 PM
Hey Alan, would be great to see some more information about the car but it's at the opposite end of the country so I'm thinking it'd be probably be pretty hard to sort something out. I've investigated towing services and I can get a car to me from pretty much anywhere in the UK for around the £400 mark - I'd obviously have to take this money into account when considering the price of the car!

What did the car fail its MOT on - where is the welding to be done? I'll keep an eye out for the advert but just in case I miss it it'd be great if you popped a link to it in here :)

Paul - my email address is joobny@googlemail.com - I'd love to see some pictures of the car. Where are you/the car based?

Cheers again :+:

Alan SE
27th August 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi Jonnie,
Silly me, I know you put where you lived on your original post but I somehow forgot that when I replied to you. The car is in South West London. Obviously having to pay £400 to get the car to where you live is going to push the price for you right up. The guy, Michael Green is asking £500 which probably sounds alot for an MOT failure but it's got some nice 17" wheels and light blue leather seats. The advert is coming this weekend but I'll send you some more info on the car tonight for you to look at.

jonnie
27th August 2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks Alan, just PM me on here or drop me an email to joobny@googlemail.com ;)

Would be great if you could give me a few pictures (if you have them yet!) and as much information as you have - number of owners, what kind of service history it has, mileage, when the cambelt was done etc! And just let me know a bit about the MOT fail - where the welding needs done and the condition of the rest of the body work - arches, sills etc!

ChrisDowen
27th August 2010, 05:43 PM
jonnie

I know you said you did not want a red Mk1 MR2 but I thought I would let you know about mine as it fits with everything else you want.

It is Red has done 134,000 miles and has been in a garage for the last 5 years so is in good nick bodywork wise (some slight issue with the rear arches that are cracked and I think have been filled). I want a £1000 for it and I live in Wolverhampton. It has 12 months MOT but no tax (I can arrange to do this before you buy it for the additional money). I have just replaced the alternator and the belt.

Let me know what you think. The link below is to the ebay page as I am currently trying to sell it on there.

I am getting rid of the car as I have not had the time I thought I would to use it and it is a shame for it to be sat in a garage when someone could be using it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 581wt_1137 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330463785713&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_581wt_1137)

jonnie
28th August 2010, 02:57 PM
Alan, thanks for sending that information on to me, I've dropped Michael an email and a text to ask a few more questions. Will speak to my mechanic to determine what sort of price I'd be looking at to get it through an MOT :+:

Chris, thanks for your reply. I won't have the money to buy by the time your eBay auction ends but I'll keep an eye on it. I'm still not keen on owning another red car but that may change as I struggle to find a good one in a different colour! Thanks for getting in touch :+: