PDA

View Full Version : MOT fail - parts car available

ed_g_mk1
26th July 2010, 04:38 PM
Sadly, my recently purchased MK1b has quite seriously failed its MOT on front and rear suspension corrosion - chassis (bad enough that the garage and I agree that it shouldn't have passed its last MOT a year ago!). They have advised that the work required will cost significantly more than the car is worth and I unfortunately agree.

However, all is not lost. The results of the MOT show that aside from this corrosion, everything else has passed with no issues, and these other parts of the car can be used to keep other MR2s on the road. Annoyingly I have fitted/repaired everything else MOT related since purchasing the car in May.

In terms of specs:

1987 Dark (Mica?) Blue MK1b Sunroof
~147,000 miles but engine and gearbox good (no 5th gear jump)
15" 5-spoke Fox alloys (with locking nuts) and good tyres
Front strut brace
Brand new front pads (mintex) and discs (done about 20 miles!)
Jimi bracket
Engine deck gas strut

Spare starter motor as I was going to change them over (old one sometimes sticks for a few seconds after starting, although hasn't recently)

Top bodywork in really very good condition, although a few chips in the front bumper area. Interior much better than my first MR2 and largely as it should be.

I'd prefer to sell the bits in one go, rather than as parts, if anyone here is interested? Car is a few miles west of Leicester.

Any offers/suggestions, please let me know (07793 046580 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingテつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ *テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*07793 046580テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*テつ*end_of_the_skype_hig hlighting), as I'd rather not just scrap it.

Thanks,

Ed

Jak_01
26th July 2010, 05:28 PM
PM'D

Thanks
Jack