PDA

View Full Version : Mk1a Supercharged trackday car

MartG
25th July 2010, 10:56 PM
Due to ( another ) job vanishing from under me, I simply can't justify keeping my track car any longer - especially as it's over 2 years since it last saw a track, so it is now on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0643462207 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220643462207) with a start price of £2100, as is my trailer.

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1a, refitted with a 4A-GZE Supercharged engine from an AE101 Corolla Levin, and modified for trackday use, with the weight reduced to under 1000kgs. I bought this car and modified it as I didn't want to take my existing Mk1 SC road car to this level of modification as it was my daily driver in addition to track use. Unfortunately shortly after I completed the engine swap I was made redundant, so the car has only done one trackday session.

Full spec includes:

Engine - AE101 smallport 4A-GZE Supercharged engine, fitted with a Fensport enlarged crank pulley for extra boost, chargecooler ( from a Subaru Legacy ), K&N air filter fed with cool air from the sidescoop, and Mongoose exhaust. Power is estimated to be at least 190bhp ( AE101 engine has 165bhp in standard trim, compared to the MR2 SC 145bhp version ). C52 manual 5 speed gearbox ( a spare C52 gearbox is available too at extra cost )

Suspension - Koni suspension kit with top adjustable dampers and Apex springs, Mk1b suspension, Superflex bushes all round, Whiteline adjustable ARBs front & rear, TRD front and rear topmounts, Suspension geometry setup for track use ( e.g. max -ve camber ).

Brakes - Celica ST165 twin pot calipers on the front, with standard MR2 disks. Rear brakes are standard but the brake proportioning valve has been gutted to increase rear braking force to match the front. EBC Redstuff pads all round, along with Goodridge braided brake hoses.

Body - Sunroof removed and an alloy plate riveted over the aperture. Strut braces front and rear. Bonnet has a 'Papal' vent modification which reduces front end lift at speed as well as aiding cooling ( not shown in pics ) - original bonnet will be supplied if required. 'Plumley' rear spoiler modification - original bootlid will be supplied if required. Bumpers have been gutted to reduce weight. Front bumper, bonnet, headlight covers, engine lid, bootlid, rear bumper and sideskirts all sprayed black, though with the exception of the front bumper all the original red panels can be supplied if required. Rear quarter windows and rear window tinted black. Battery relocated to front boot to improve weight distribution ( and to make room for the chargecooler )

Interior - Most of the original trim removed, with the exception of the main part of the dashboard. Door cards replaced with carbonfibre panels. Seats replaced by a pair of OMP Eco bucket seats bolted directly to the floor, Sabelt 4 point harnesses for both driver and passenger, with TRD harness pads. Momo steering wheel. Boost gauge and chargecooler water temp gauge. Half roll cage ( behind the seats ) covered in FIA spec foam padding. TRD gearknob.

Wheels - I store the car fitted with a set of the original 14" MR2 teardrop alloys ( painted black ) with a set of old Firestones on them. The car will also come with a seat of four 15" Team Dynamics 12 spoke wheels ( in black ) with nearly new Yokohama A539 195/45-15 tyres. The correct wheelnuts for each set of wheels will be supplied.

As the car was bought purely for trackday use, and trailered to/from the circuits, it is not MOT'd or taxed so will need to be trailered ( my trailer is also for sale - see my other auctions for it ). I believe it should pass an MOT on most points, but will require a little welding to the panel just in front of the drivers side rear wheel under the 'triangle' sideskirt section.