PDA

View Full Version : MMOC InVITE

MR2MK1
18th July 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi All
Just received this kind invite from Trevor from AOVC

Hi Colin. Hope you are well and you have gathered up a few more members since Ballymena. Writing to you not as AOVC Secretary but Treasurer of The Morris Minor Owners Club to invite your Club to take part in one of our events.

On Saturday 28th August we are displaying our cars (there will be NON Minors there as well) at High Street Mall Shopping Centre in Portadown from 9 am to 12.30 am. The morning will start with a FREE FRY BREAKFAST for all Drivers / Passengers.

At 12.30 pm we will go for a scenic drive with picnic lunch stop and then after lunch another drive finishing at The Famous Grouse Restaurant at Loughgall for a 4 course meal and presentation of a Finishers Award to all Drivers.

There will be prizes for furthest travelled car and the car the Shopping Centre Manager likes best.

We can have a maximum of 50 cars take part.

The cost will be either £20 or £21 each depending on what we get the Evening Meal for but as above for this you get a cooked breakfast, 4 course evening meal and every driver gets a Finishers Award.

Would any of your guys be interested ?

Now in addition to above on the week leading up to this we have been asked to display 6 cars INSIDE the Shopping Centre. Each car would be roped off and beside a 24 hour camera. The owner of each of the 6 cars will receive a gift from the Club as a thank you. Would you have 1 of your cars you would like to display ?

Major problem with all this Colin is time is not on our side and I need to firm things up almost immediately. If you think you would be interested I can email you the Entry Form for you to circulate. If you do not want to put a car inside I need to know so I can start asking someone else.

If you need to know anything more please come back to me.

Kind regards.

Trevor
If anybody is interested let me know ASAP (next 7-10 days) .I have put my name down but don't forget Mark is organising the anniversary run for the next day .
Also if there is anyone who cant do this run but would be willing to display their car for the week in the centre also let me know. Your car would be displayed from the Sunday prior for one week up to the evening of the 28th so you would not have the car for the run on the Saturday.
Cheers
Colin