PDA

View Full Version : Stoneleigh Restoration Show - Sunday 24th October

unowho
18th July 2010, 04:00 PM
This event has now been taken over by Live Promotions Ltd, http://livepromotions.co.uk/# and has been confirmed for Sunday 24th October

at Stoneleigh Park http://www.stoneleighpark.com/

This is a great show, were you can get work done on your car for free, so to speak :+: :+:

Watch this space for more details, will now contact Live Promotions and see if I can get us booked in :+:

Debs

oukie
29th July 2010, 07:29 AM
I love this show I will be going

Chris

old petrolhead
29th July 2010, 09:36 AM
So will I . See you there Oukie.

Alan SE
30th July 2010, 04:40 PM
They should know our club as we have been dealing with them for the Bromley Pageant. Good luck with the show

unowho
16th August 2010, 05:26 PM
Form received and sent back today, applied for same pitch size as last year and even though new people running, same as previous years, can be 2 cars on the stand, 1 for showing and 1 for being worked on.

SO COME ON GUYS WE NEED 2 CARS :wave: :wave:

And they are offering, if I read it right :eh: that they are giving away £500 for the 'Best Active Club Displays of Restoration' so got to be worth a try :+:

oukie
16th August 2010, 07:13 PM
Well I will be going but its someone else's cars time to be worked on,

But if your struggling for a car to be worked on Ive got 3 restoration projects :lol:

Seriously though I will bring tools etc and help

Chris

oukie
20th September 2010, 11:31 AM
Whats happening with this anyone ????

Cassi
20th September 2010, 05:28 PM
Chris and I have been regulars at Stoneleigh for a few years, even though I've gone over to the dark side - We'd still like to come along and help. :+:

Danthrax
21st September 2010, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty skint so can work on my car :lol:

Seriously tho I'm happy for work to be done on my car and it's only up the road from me so think i'll come along

Cassi
21st September 2010, 04:17 PM
Come on guys, attending or not? Only have just over four weeks to arrange it all :shock: .

If this isn't going ahead we'll be going on the Midnight run instead :twisted:

No3157
21st September 2010, 04:46 PM
Hoping to be there...however, I don't think welding's allowed, from what I've been advised?? Or chassis jigging, I believe?? :lol:

So I think that's all mine out, too... :oops:

'Dark side'...mk2/mk3, or even worse??

unowho
21st September 2010, 05:00 PM
Chris and I have been regulars at Stoneleigh for a few years, even though I've gone over to the dark side - We'd still like to come along and help. :+:

You 2 would always be welcome :+: :+:

Well the Forms are in, just awating tickets so just really need to sort out who's car for Showing and who's to be worked on :wave: :wave:

And maybe be sort a list of attendee's:-

Debs (Just for show and maybe pass tools :shifty: )

Cassi
21st September 2010, 07:35 PM
Hoping to be there...however, I don't think welding's allowed, from what I've been advised?? Or chassis jigging, I believe?? :lol:

So I think that's all mine out, too... :oops:

'Dark side'...mk2/mk3, or even worse??

Lol, doubt they'd have room for that, last time I did some chassis pulling - it involved a landrover and a length of chain. :lol:

'Dark side' = I went and bought a mk2 :oops: (tho' I love him to bits and we do also still own one mk1) :mrgreen:

Cassi
21st September 2010, 07:39 PM

You 2 would always be welcome :+: :+:

Well the Forms are in, just awating tickets so just really need to sort out who's car for Showing and who's to be worked on :wave: :wave:

And maybe be sort a list of attendee's:-

Cheers Debs, I enjoy the Resto show lots and will help where I can. :+:

Are we having display boards and wotnot this year ?

Cassi and Chris (Limeymk1) 8-)

oukie
21st September 2010, 08:48 PM
Cassi and Chris (Limeymk1) 8-)[/quote]
oukie

Danthrax
22nd September 2010, 01:28 PM
count me in for def :+:

Cassi
27th September 2010, 07:52 PM
Debs have there been any arrangments made for the resto show yet ? Just thinking aloud but we dont have much time left :? Really should get peeps offering their mk1s for the event and making sure we have the right tools at hand for the 'project car'.

I could always be persuaded to show the mk2 if we're short :twisted: :lol: PMSL (joke)

unowho
28th September 2010, 05:00 PM
Debs have there been any arrangments made for the resto show yet ? Just thinking aloud but we dont have much time left :? Really should get peeps offering their mk1s for the event and making sure we have the right tools at hand for the 'project car'.

I could always be persuaded to show the mk2 if we're short :twisted: :lol: PMSL (joke)

Well I have sent the forms off, and I am just awaiting a reply :+:

And waiting for people's to put there names down :wave: :wave:

oukie
3rd October 2010, 08:31 AM
1, Debs
2, Cassi and Chris
3, oukie
4, Danthrax
5, No3157
6, Richard Brett

List so far,

Anyone from this list wish to bring their car ??

unowho
3rd October 2010, 10:10 AM
1, Debs
2, Cassi and Chris
3, oukie
4, Danthrax
5, No3157
6, Richard Brett

List so far,

Anyone from this list wish to bring their car ??

Please can we have a volunteer car/cars otherwise no point in turning up :think:

Cassi
3rd October 2010, 08:13 PM
Might be worth a post in 'off topic' or general Debs. Some people rarely go into events so it may bring it to their attention ? :think:

No3157
6th October 2010, 02:01 PM
Hmm...coolant flush/thermostat housing replacement any good?? :eh:

Not the most involving job, but an hour's work for some to get their teeth into... :)

Cassi
6th October 2010, 04:20 PM
Hmm...coolant flush/thermostat housing replacement any good?? :eh:

Not the most involving job, but an hour's work for some to get their teeth into... :)

Sounds good :+: I hope this goes ahead, the response hasn't been great which is a shame. We need one car for working on and one for showing off.

Anyone want to bring their car ?

Unfortunatly Chris' mk1 wont be finished in time otherwise we'd bring her, Oukie, Richard, Danthrax do you have owt ? :eh: Dont worry if they're not pristine, I'll bring polishing gear and we'll clean it up. :think:

No3157
6th October 2010, 06:39 PM
Well...if you wanted something more...the heater pipes have just gone!! :lol: :lol:

Got to try locate some in time, however if I can tee them off(and link them) at engine end, I can still run her... :shifty:

Edit: she could do with a clean too, come to think of it!! :lol:

Cassi
6th October 2010, 06:45 PM
Well...if you wanted something more...the heater pipes have just gone!! :lol: :lol:

Got to try locate some in time, however if I can tee them off(and link them) at engine end, I can still run her... :shifty:

Edit: she could do with a clean too, come to think of it!! :lol:

Crap. :roll: Just been informed that the organisers of the show dont much like work being done that involves fluids exiting the cars. Another problem i didn't think of is the need to run the car to bleed it's coolant system. D'oh. :cry:

This isn't going so well is it ? . Anything else wrong with anyones car ? :lol:

We can still give your car a good pampering No3157

No3157
6th October 2010, 07:01 PM
Ahh...just found a set of heater pipes too...shame... :-:

No grief, can do it myself...I'll deffo take you guys up on some TLC for her though!! Thankyou!! :clap:

Hmmm...anyone else then??

Cassi
6th October 2010, 07:56 PM
Come on peep's. we need two cars to make this happen. :crazy:

oukie
6th October 2010, 08:06 PM
I was gonna go in my mk1 anyway so don't mind it going on the stand, just thought it was another members turn

That and it was my car that was on the stand last year getting a gearbox replaced :+:

But I love the show and If could actually see some of it this year, would be great.

So if no body else objects, my car could be the shiny (ish) one.

Chris

Cassi
7th October 2010, 04:52 PM
Chris, by all means put your mk1 on the stand. We need to find out for deffo whether or not we can do a coolant system overhaul as it's looking like our only option at the mo'. :think:

Obviously though the car WILL need to go outside for at least the last bit of system bleeding (engine running). So here's hoping we're ok to move the car about. Debs any info on where abouts the stand will be in relation to doors ?

Plus we can detail both the cars while they're there Oukie, they will both be purdy by the end of the day. :+:

Does anyone have the phone number for the organiser ? I can ring them to find out more info and rules etc... :think:

oukie
7th October 2010, 04:55 PM
I can't go

Got my dates all wrong I'm not even gonna be in England :(

Crappppppieee T crappppity poop poop

This will be the first Stonleigh in the last three years that I won't have been able to go to.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Cassi
7th October 2010, 05:48 PM
I can't go

Got my dates all wrong I'm not even gonna be in England :(

Crappppppieee T crappppity poop poop

This will be the first Stonleigh in the last three years that I won't have been able to go to.

Ah shit ouks that sucks. :cry:
Right now we need another car people, not long to go either. :wtf:

mr2mk1chick
7th October 2010, 08:45 PM
Might be worth a post in 'off topic' or general Debs. Some people rarely go into events so it may bring it to their attention ? :think:
Hi cassi
I'v popped up something in gen discussion for you to raise interest, as this is such a good show, but it takes a lot of organising. I hope this post helps.

Monkeymax
8th October 2010, 03:00 PM
This is an awesome show. I really really wish I could make it.

In fact, I'm gonna see if I can. I'm still gutted I missed last year.

I'd offer either my N/A or SC for work (both need reassembling of some sort - the N/A needs a suspension part replaced - easy enough really - and the SC needs the engine finished reassembling and rewiring). However, either one would have to be trailered there, which I don't have the means to do at the moment. :-:

I'll see if I can come. I'm really really up to my eyeballs with work, but need to start taking a day off here and there as I'm starting to go properly mental. :roll:

Cassi
8th October 2010, 05:34 PM
Hi cassi
I'v popped up something in gen discussion for you to raise interest, as this is such a good show, but it takes a lot of organising. I hope this post helps.

Thanks Jo :+: I cant believe there hasn't been more interest in this. It was one of my first shows and I've loved it ever since.

I'm not quite sure what to do TBH. With only two weeks to go, no boards, no pics (though I think Chris may still have some here from a couple of shows ago). We have two possible cars :?: But no idea if we're allowed to do coolant overhauls... Jo do you know any details of 'behind the scenes' ?

Cassi
8th October 2010, 05:37 PM
This is an awesome show. I really really wish I could make it.

In fact, I'm gonna see if I can. I'm still gutted I missed last year.

I'd offer either my N/A or SC for work (both need reassembling of some sort - the N/A needs a suspension part replaced - easy enough really - and the SC needs the engine finished reassembling and rewiring). However, either one would have to be trailered there, which I don't have the means to do at the moment. :-:

I'll see if I can come. I'm really really up to my eyeballs with work, but need to start taking a day off here and there as I'm starting to go properly mental. :roll:

Yes Maximus, you must try your best after all we need a decent photographer :+: (if it goes ahead)
We have the same problem though, El would need trailering up there and it would cost us a bomb. :(

mr2mk1chick
9th October 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm not quite sure what to do TBH. With only two weeks to go, no boards, no pics
I thought Debs was organising the show?

You aren't allowed to do things involving fluids IIRC, the details are in the pack sent to the organisers along with the tickets etc. they tightened up since the very first one i did.
therefore coolant wouldn't work as it involces fluid and running the engine - 2 no-no's.

An idea :idea:
maybe mock up some work, such as stripping down and rebulidng a caliper or something else where a nomal car goes to the show, has soemthing removed and put straight back on again?

unowho
9th October 2010, 11:12 AM
I'm not quite sure what to do TBH. With only two weeks to go, no boards, no pics
I thought Debs was organising the show?

You aren't allowed to do things involving fluids IIRC, the details are in the pack sent to the organisers along with the tickets etc. they tightened up since the very first one i did.
therefore coolant wouldn't work as it involces fluid and running the engine - 2 no-no's.

An idea :idea:
maybe mock up some work, such as stripping down and rebulidng a caliper or something else where a nomal car goes to the show, has soemthing removed and put straight back on again?

I'm afraid that I have no time to organise this show, my day job has taken over and I'm bringing work home, something I have never ever done before but needs must, if I don't buy, we don't make, no-one will have a job :-: :-:

Also triple booked for that weekend too, not sure what I am going to do yet, will need to have a think :crazy:

Tickets have arrived this morning, only good thing so far.....can NOT believe no one has offered their car/s :eh:

Gad
9th October 2010, 06:26 PM
I've just got in from fetching a replacement gearbox, I would've thought gearbox oil would fall under fluids, but if you've fitted one of these previously I assume that'd work if you can't find anything easier to do?
I'm a little ashamed of her current appearance though. :oops:
I might see if my friend fancies popping along either way seeing as we're only down the road in Donington... :)

unowho
9th October 2010, 06:58 PM
I've just got in from fetching a replacement gearbox, I would've thought gearbox oil would fall under fluids, but if you've fitted one of these previously I assume that'd work if you can't find anything easier to do?
I'm a little ashamed of her current appearance though. :oops:
I might see if my friend fancies popping along either way seeing as we're only down the road in Donington... :)

Gearboxes have been done before, so pretty sure if you are offering your car, it will be snapped up to be worked on :+: :+:

Cassi
9th October 2010, 07:03 PM
Gearbox I think has been done before, Chris has had to go on to sea this week but I'll get a chance to speak with him at some point this evening and will ask his opinion. :think:

State of the outside of the car isn't an issue but if we can go ahead with the work are you able to get your car and the gearbox to the show ?

Gad
9th October 2010, 07:26 PM
Car's running fine and the gearbox is sat in the frunk, so shouldn't be an issue.
Assuming it doesn't blow itself up between now and then... :D

Cassi
9th October 2010, 09:26 PM
Had a quick word with t'other half and he seems to think as long as there are some strong peeps there to help lift the gearbox we could do it.

People so far ...

Richard Brett
Danthrax
No3157
Gad (gearbox change)
Cass 'n' Chris.
Debs?
Max?

Who's volunteering the 'show car'? Danthrax, No3157 ? :think:

I dont know about anyone else but without mk1 club regalia/flags how're we supposed to look like 'the mk1club' ? :shifty: Have no idea where the flags and banners are, anyone?

It's going to look slightly odd with two cars sat in a bare plot,no? :think:

Sorry to sound a bit negative but Chris and I are trying to work out whether it's going to be worth the mk1 club being there. :( As we have to travel a long way (Portsmouth)

No3157
9th October 2010, 09:57 PM
No probs doing a tranny... :+:

Show car...well, could do - but she's no looker, I'll warn you...doesn't even have a stereo at the mo lol!! :lol:

Last time I saw the flags was JAE...can't remember who took them in the end though!! :(

Gad
9th October 2010, 10:38 PM
If this goes ahead I'll have a friend in tow. He's not on here but he's Neptune on IMOC and MR2OC, he's a MK2 driver, but I'll overlook that...

unowho
10th October 2010, 06:06 AM
Richard Brett has flags and banners, will be seeing him at the AGM, so will get him to bring them along

Cassi
10th October 2010, 08:44 AM
Gad, I'm a mk2 driver too and he will be there ;)

Well it deffo looks like we'll have enough people and if Debs can just organise getting the flags/banners there it looks like a goer. :+:

Debs if you're not going to be there can you post the tickets on to someone who will be able to hand them out please?

Looking forward to this now, just dont let me forget the kettle :lol:

Oh and whoever puts their car on stand will get pampered :P

unowho
10th October 2010, 05:07 PM
Have just got back from AGM and 2 things....

1) Richard Brett has the tickets now and

2) He also offered his car to be worked on, needs mew T Bar seals :+: :+:

So whether you use his as the show car and work on the seals and Gad's for gearbox is up to you guys, but both seem ok to me :|

Debs

Cassi
10th October 2010, 05:57 PM
Okey doke Debs...so is Richard just going to meet us on the gate with tickets ? :)

I think Gad's probably looking forward to getting his gearbox done to be fair and he did offer first in the thread. If there are enough peeps who know what they're doing we could possibly do his tbar seals aswell ? I've never done it myself. :lol:

oukie
10th October 2010, 08:16 PM
I really hope you guys have fun at this show but, WORDS OF WARNING

Gearbox is a biggy we did it to my car last year, but was blooming hard work.

This was due to one main factor

Only four people bothered to turn up so that left Karl and me on the car, Richard and lou talking to peeps and lou also handing tools cleaning cars etc etc etc.
We worked our bums off, didn't even stop to go get munchies, (lou got the grub in :mrgreen: )

It was ONLY possible to do it in the end because, A, Karl is a god :lol: B, I took my engine hoist, so removing/replace box was made a lot easier. In fact would have not been possible if not for my hoist.

Do NOT even attenpt this unless you have a hoist or six people working on the car from show start till finish you have max five hours,

I took my car on my trailer with my van just incase we didn't have the time to finish it but we did and I promtly locked my keys in the car after I reconnected the battery and the alarm locked the car :oops:.
Drove it on the trailer and have been driving it all year with no problems, from box etc :+:

Don't want to put a downer on it,

But make sure you have lift stands tools hoist etc etc

Kettle and biccies are also a must

Chris

old petrolhead
11th October 2010, 01:53 PM
I have assistance from local member Mike Savory to fit the T Bar seals .

Debs has sent me 5 Passes for cars to be on the stand & 10 personnel tickets For Sunday 24th. Oct.

Exhibitor opening time is 07.00 am & closing 09.00 pm.

Public opening time is 10.00am Public closing time is 16.00pm

Mike & I will be there at about 09.00am.

Would all folk atending Please PM with your contact details me so I can post your tickets prior to the event. I will bring any unused tickets with me, so if you decide to come on the day. Call me on 07951 720899

coverco
11th October 2010, 02:18 PM

Only four people bothered to turn up so that left Karl and me on the car, Richard and lou talking to peeps and lou also handing tools cleaning cars etc etc etc.
We worked our bums off, didn't even stop to go get munchies, (lou got the grub in :mrgreen: )

It was ONLY possible to do it in the end because, A, Karl is a god :lol: B, I took my engine hoist, so removing/replace box was made a lot easier. In fact would have not been possible if not for my hoist.

Do NOT even attenpt this unless you have a hoist or six people working on the car from show start till finish you have max five hours,

I took my car on my trailer with my van just incase we didn't have the time to finish it but we did and I promtly locked my keys in the car after I reconnected the battery and the alarm locked the car :oops:.
Drove it on the trailer and have been driving it all year with no problems, from box etc :+:

Chris

I am a 46 year old fat male 5'9" in height and not muscle bound and I changed my clutch on my own without an engine hoist or pit (I have both but didn't use them). It took me about 4 hours but I also resprayed the gearbox and replaced the oil in this time. I put the box on my chest wriggled under the car and lifted it into place. It is not that hard a job, although top tip is to get a couple of long bolts that fit the top holes and cut off the heads then you can hang the box on them. Honestly the youth of today :D

No3157
11th October 2010, 02:27 PM
Lol!! :lol:

Funny, removed a Celica 190 'box the same way(chest support) just a few weeks ago... :wtf:

Nice idea about headless bolts, btw... :+:

Richard, PM'd... :)

Cassi
11th October 2010, 03:49 PM
Yup, chest wriggle was how Chris changed my clutch when I had a mk1. :mrgreen:

Chris is away on a sub' at the mo but I'm sure he'll agree it's doable. ;)

oukie
11th October 2010, 03:55 PM

Chris

I am a 46 year old fat male 5'9" in height and not muscle bound and I changed my clutch on my own without an engine hoist or pit (I have both but didn't use them). It took me about 4 hours but I also resprayed the gearbox and replaced the oil in this time. I put the box on my chest wriggled under the car and lifted it into place. It is not that hard a job, although top tip is to get a couple of long bolts that fit the top holes and cut off the heads then you can hang the box on them. Honestly the youth of today :D

Well bully for you :evil:

We changed a clutch at the show the year before with no problemss in half the time it took us to do my gearbox

I'm 6'2" Built like a brick out house and it was still hard blooming work, for two people who whilst doing this job was also being asked questions by onlookers and being interviewed by no less than two different classic car reporters etc etc

Perhaps you could go and show them how it should be done correctly,

Also you say you have a pit and lift etc, more fool you for not using them.
It would of made our life's very much easier at the show.

It might be okay in your garage etc but when people keep interrupting, asking questions about the car etc, you can't just say **** off I'm busy.

We also had trouble with realigning the replacement box onto the engine, also both Karl and myself suffer from a bit of OCD so everything had to be treble checked :lol:

I was only trying to warn them, so they don't fail. the organisers are hardcore and will shout at you with a running time count down to get you out the bloody door at 4pm.

If you are so wonderful I'm sure they will be thankful of your wondrous help.

Chris

Cassi
11th October 2010, 04:14 PM
Dont be offended Ouks :shifty: I think I remember that year :think: Scaff bar year ?

I know I'ts gonna be a toughy thats why I first made sure we had a fair few people attending because a lady built like a sparrow I'll be no use whatsoever :oops:

Everyone who has put their name down, please dont let us down.... :?

oukie
11th October 2010, 04:35 PM
It was just a needless post Cassi

I really am going to miss being there and wan't everyone who does go, for one to have a good time and for another, to get what needs doing done, with nobody getting hurt and the jobs get done without the need for a trailer, AA man etc.

If people don't want to help other members don't bother making posts.

Chris

oukie
11th October 2010, 04:39 PM
Back ON topic

Just a quick question

Has anyone asked for an electrical hook up this will be needed for inspection lamps and kettle etc.

Chris

Cassi
11th October 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure Dude, i'm not the organiser. :( I'll see if I can find out. :think: Debs ?????

coverco
11th October 2010, 05:47 PM
Well bully for you :evil:

We changed a clutch at the show the year before with no problemss in half the time it took us to do my gearbox

I'm 6'2" Built like a brick out house and it was still hard blooming work, for two people who whilst doing this job was also being asked questions by onlookers and being interviewed by no less than two different classic car reporters etc etc

Perhaps you could go and show them how it should be done correctly,

Also you say you have a pit and lift etc, more fool you for not using them.
It would of made our life's very much easier at the show.

It might be okay in your garage etc but when people keep interrupting, asking questions about the car etc, you can't just say **** off I'm busy.

We also had trouble with realigning the replacement box onto the engine, also both Karl and myself suffer from a bit of OCD so everything had to be treble checked :lol:

I was only trying to warn them, so they don't fail. the organisers are hardcore and will shout at you with a running time count down to get you out the bloody door at 4pm.

If you are so wonderful I'm sure they will be thankful of your wondrous help.

Chris
Well that struck a nerve :shock:

I think I will give it a miss thanks, I wouldn't want to upset anyone. I have to say though that posts like this make me realise why I turned Richard down when he asked me to take on the Merchandising Officer role. Good luck with the show, oh and one more tip, make sure the speedo cable is free before you go or at least give it a good spray of Plusgas :+:

Gad
11th October 2010, 06:28 PM
Alright guys, chill out. :)
One mans walk in the park is another guys 7 sheared bolts and a face full of oil. As our cars get older peoples experiences doing the same jobs is going to differ vastly depending on how the cars been looked after, no need to take it personally.
Mine's probably going to be in the latter category so I'll do what I can to make things easier on the day, suggestions?

oukie
11th October 2010, 06:55 PM
Alright guys, chill out. :)
One mans walk in the park is another guys 7 sheared bolts and a face full of oil. As our cars get older peoples experiences doing the same jobs is going to differ vastly depending on how the cars been looked after, no need to take it personally.
Mine's probably going to be in the latter category so I'll do what I can to make things easier on the day, suggestions?

Exactly mate :+:

That's why I made the post in the first place, to try and "HELP" other members not come in and say that basically we are useless as he can do it far better and in less time :crazy:

Karl_T
11th October 2010, 07:41 PM
Hello all, me and Lou can come, and we have a shiny car for the stand if we still need one.

Chill on the gearboxes, have done it numerous ways now, and if I've learned anything it's that the method is far less key to the jobs duration than just how much Murphy's law bites you on the ass on any given day. Spent the best part of a day trying to lift one in on my back on our white one when we killed the clutch at Lydden Hill. Got tired and gave up. It went in the next day on the 2nd attempt. Go figure. The thing here is Stoneleigh will turf you out come what may, so if it goes wrong it's 'fix it in the carpark time', and you've gotta hope it's not raining.

Hope to see everyone there. :) Seems like ages since we've seen you and Chris, Cassi.

So what are we fixing exactly? :lol:

Karl is a god :lol: Oukie you're delusional, but thankyou :oops:

Cassi
11th October 2010, 09:05 PM
Wahoo more willing victims...cough I mean volunteers :twisted: Cool beans, you're right Karl it has been aaaages, hope you're both well. :+:

Erm work car will hopefully be the gearbox change and show car ?.... whoever wants to do it to be honest. Though I am bringing a small supply of detailing bits and bobs as I think it was No3157 who wanted their car to recieve some TLC. :think:

No3157
11th October 2010, 09:32 PM
Though I am bringing a small supply of detailing bits and bobs as I think it was No3157 who wanted their car to recieve some TLC. :think:
Oo, please yes...as I said she would love it...she gets a hard life, unfortunately... :shifty:

Doing everything I can to keep her happy, ~4,000 miles in 4 months with very few probs, esp. for a ~190k-miler!! She's really surprised me, tbh...especially for a red car... :)

Really looking forward to this, and meeting you guys!! :D

superwhite90
11th October 2010, 10:22 PM
Using your chest to balance the box whilst pushing it up is reckless and dangerous. Do you never think what could happen if you dropped it? Obviously not.

coverco
12th October 2010, 06:33 AM
Using your chest to balance the box whilst pushing it up is reckless and dangerous. Do you never think what could happen if you dropped it? Obviously not.
What could happen??? The gearbox could fall off and land on the floor, now that may be dangerous for the floor, also the fact that you are under a 1000 kg car I suppose is not dangerous.
This is the health and safety gone mad attitude of today I am afraid, there are so many sad people in this world :shock:

No3157
12th October 2010, 12:36 PM
It's only dangerous if you consider a tranny as a heavy object... :+:

The Silver Fox
12th October 2010, 02:53 PM
Getting back to the original subject, Tommundy and myself will be coming down from 'Up North'.

Richard - you have pm

Cassi
12th October 2010, 04:07 PM

Lol, Do you wish to attend ? We'll give you a 'Health and safety' badge ;)

As above though, Chris has done it many times this way and not had a problem. If things started to go tits up he'd drop it to the side ie....to the floor.

Besides it looks like there will be plenty of help and watchers.

BTW thanks guys for pulling together on this one, I didn't think it was going to happen. :+: :clap:

Cassi
12th October 2010, 04:11 PM
Oo, please yes...as I said she would love it...she gets a hard life, unfortunately... :shifty:

Doing everything I can to keep her happy, ~4,000 miles in 4 months with very few probs, esp. for a ~190k-miler!! She's really surprised me, tbh...especially for a red car... :)

Really looking forward to this, and meeting you guys!! :D

No problem, I'm a sucker for a car in need of prettying up. I constantly get told off at work due to taking too long making the cars pristine. Got a couple of minis in (proper minis) which have seen better days so they're gonna get some love this week. :lol:

It's not even my job, I'm supposed to strip and refit the damn things. :oops: :lol:

No3157
12th October 2010, 04:58 PM
No problem, I'm a sucker for a car in need of prettying up. I constantly get told off at work due to taking too long making the cars pristine. Got a couple of minis in (proper minis) which have seen better days so they're gonna get some love this week. :lol:

It's not even my job, I'm supposed to strip and refit the damn things. :oops: :lol:
:lol:

You know, I think I just saw a faint smile from her...thankyou!! :D

Oo...real Minis...helped a friend get his beast to Combe 5 years ago, where it(with barely 100hp from a 1275) made many cars look silly, including a tuned Polo G40!! :shock: He's still got my pics of it on his wall... :+:

Great to see everyone(well, almost everyone) pulling together...proper teamwork!! :clap:

Cassi
12th October 2010, 05:35 PM
You know, I think I just saw a faint smile from her...thankyou!! :D

OMG, your car is a real person too :mrgreen:

Dont worry, I'll be in my element :shifty:

Monkeymax
13th October 2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe you can give Sasha's Mk2 I've borrowed a quick once over...? ;)

If I come (and it's currently still a big italicised if), I'll bring an engine hoist with me to help with the gearbox removal process.

Cassi
13th October 2010, 04:24 PM
Maybe you can give Sasha's Mk2 I've borrowed a quick once over...? ;)

If I come (and it's currently still a big italicised if), I'll bring an engine hoist with me to help with the gearbox removal process.

Would be glad to Max :+: ....I do think I'm gonna bring my machine polisher with me though, yes it's cheating but hand polishing/compounding is tough going. :shifty:

We have an engine hoist at home but I'll have to wait for Chris to get back before I can check it'll fit into Jiro. :think:

Ooh another thing.....Debs have we booked for power on the stand ? Thinking polisher and of course kettle :lol:

Cassi
14th October 2010, 05:20 PM
Ticket and car pass recieved today :+:

Any new on power supply ?

superwhite90
14th October 2010, 05:56 PM
Too far me to travel im afraid. Thanks though.

unowho
15th October 2010, 12:57 PM

Will send them an reminder email, regarding power

Gad
15th October 2010, 03:24 PM
Got my tickets through yesterday. :+:

unowho
18th October 2010, 04:43 PM

Will send them an reminder email, regarding power

Well as per Live Promotions, nothing heard back, but did check the form I sent of, as I photocopied :+: and did ask for power, so all should be ok

Cassi
18th October 2010, 05:41 PM
Brilliant, thanks Debs. :clap:

Has everyone got their tickets ?

Tom
21st October 2010, 10:18 AM
Might come to this (I've really enjoyed this in the past). Anyone know how much it is on the gate?

EDIT: What are we doing, gearbox swap or T-bars seals? :eh:

Edit 2: The good old days, this was 2006

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/10/Stoneleigh_260306_092-1.jpg

Cassi
21st October 2010, 10:39 AM
We're deffo doing the gearbox change Tom :+:

I think we'll also be doing a paint resto and de-stripe on Miks 'old timer' so we'll be busy :lol:

No3157
21st October 2010, 01:28 PM
Love that pic... :+:

And yes Cassi, gearbox, and some reno...she's now got a complete interior, including(!!) stereo!! So she'll love it... :clap:

mr2mk1chick
21st October 2010, 05:19 PM
@Tom - that pic takes me back!
The first resto show i went to :+:
was hectic but a great time - i'd really reccomend this show.

I tried to find the pics of the year of the show where we went the morning after my engagement party - we were all a bit worse for wear LOL!
The stand looked great though - flags, display boards, carpet, great cars (was it Karls show car?)
I haven't got the pics - Max maybe had?

mr2mk1chick
22nd October 2010, 07:59 AM
found the pics on our thread on imoc (pics are monkeymax's):

http://www.borealis.me.uk/IMOC/RestoShowAut2007/img_4426.jpg

Monkeymax
22nd October 2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks Jo!!
That was indeed a great year. My second or third show and my car having the work done!! :)
Karl's car made a superb show car.

What a great day that was (and the evening before!! :lol: )!

Guys, sadly I won't be able to make it this weekend. :(
What with AGM a couple of weeks back and a jaunt to London last weekend for a sports tournament, my petrol budget is now very low and the tank is empty so no way I'll be able to join... :(

Gutted.

Cassi
22nd October 2010, 09:01 PM
Guys, sadly I won't be able to make it this weekend. :(
What with AGM a couple of weeks back and a jaunt to London last weekend for a sports tournament, my petrol budget is now very low and the tank is empty so no way I'll be able to join... :(

Gutted.

Oh no Maximus :cry: You'll be sorely missed dude.

You will have to pop down to Pompey for a visit soon :mrgreen:

Just a quick note to all who are coming on Sunday.....Can you bring a mug/cup for tea as I forgot to load up before leaving. Biccies wouldn't go a miss either :lol:

No3157
23rd October 2010, 03:33 PM
That is a shame Max...sympathy... :(

Regardless...tools, trolley jack(no axle stands, sorry!), mug(x2 lol), stupidly early Sunday alarm...CHECK... :+:

Cassi
23rd October 2010, 04:43 PM
That is a shame Max...sympathy... :(

Regardless...tools, trolley jack(no axle stands, sorry!), mug(x2 lol), stupidly early Sunday alarm...CHECK... :+:

We have 4 axle stands with us, kettle and tea supplies. Detailing stuff's in my car. :+:

What time's everyone meeting there ?

No3157
23rd October 2010, 05:50 PM
Just thought...you have tea(which I can't drink anymore :( )...do I need to bring coffee?? :shifty:

Sorry to be a PITA!! :lol:

Cassi
23rd October 2010, 06:19 PM
Just thought...you have tea(which I can't drink anymore :( )...do I need to bring coffee?? :shifty:

Sorry to be a PITA!! :lol:

Not at all Mik, we have tea, coffee, milk and sugar. Oh and biccies too. :mrgreen:

Gad
23rd October 2010, 06:46 PM
So, things I need to bring with me?
Cup, biscuits, gearbox, gearbox oil, clutch, car...
Anything I'm missing?
What's the best time to show up, my friends suggestion was 5 to 9 but I think he's just hoping for longer in bed. :lol:
Oh, and which stand number are we? I need it for my vehicle pass and can't seem to find it.

Cassi
23rd October 2010, 06:53 PM
So, things I need to bring with me?
Cup, biscuits, gearbox, gearbox oil, clutch, car...
Anything I'm missing?
What's the best time to show up, my friends suggestion was 5 to 9 but I think he's just hoping for longer in bed. :lol:
Oh, and which stand number are we? I need it for my vehicle pass and can't seem to find it.

Hiya, we're showing up at about 8am...ish :lol:

Stand number :think: I'm not sure either. Will go get the details out the car hang on :?

sounds like you have everything bud :+:

Just checked the stuff I got from Richard, stand set up must be complete by 9am.
Also says we're in hall 1 but doesn't say which stand :crazy: It does say something that looks like 'club L' that could be it ?

No3157
23rd October 2010, 07:18 PM
CLUB L, YMX 16M(I think, Richard's handwriting)... :lol:

Oh, can't be there before 07:00, according to letter :+:

Also, show vehicles must be in place 30mins before show, with 1/4 tank, and batt disconnected...

Cassi
23rd October 2010, 07:24 PM
YMX 16m(I think, Richard's handwriting)... :lol:

Oh, can't be ther bfore 07:00, according to letter :+:

On our letter it looks like the stand size 8m x 16m :crazy:

As for not being let in before 7am.......GOOD :lol:

Oh yeah, remember the clocks go back tonight peeps

No3157
23rd October 2010, 07:26 PM

PHEW... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tommundy
23rd October 2010, 07:47 PM

PHEW... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last Sunday in the month so next weekend surely?

Cassi
23rd October 2010, 07:53 PM
Last Sunday in the month so next weekend surely?

D'oh, just checked and yes you're right Oct 31st :oops:

Ok peeps, clocks don't go back :lol:

No3157
23rd October 2010, 07:58 PM
:lol:

Limeymk1
24th October 2010, 08:01 AM
9:00 and we have an empty stand. Boooooo!

Cassi
24th October 2010, 08:54 AM
Piss poor show, two members cars here, no flags, no mk1 banners, 5 members? WTF?

tommundy
24th October 2010, 09:29 AM
Douglas and me are just queueing to come in. Not long now hopefully!

Cassi
24th October 2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for turning up Tom and Douglas :+:

Thanks to Gad and Friend- Karl ?, Mik, Jo and Garrick, Karl T and Lou. Was good to meet the new faces and to see the old faces again, it's been a while :mrgreen:

Gearbox change went great guns once Gad ignored the shat nav Lol, no worries dude, Chris' did the same. Unfortunatly we didn't get to do a paint restore on Miks car as they wouldn't let him in :lol: I was quite looking forward to posting before and after pics :(

The day didn't go to plan from the get-go. We had no flags or banners so nothing to show who we were :( We literally looked like we'd pulled in to the building on the off chance we could use some floor space. Chris (Limeymk1), Mik (No3157), Sam (Gad) and his friend Karl (I think) managed to change the gearbox, clutch and flywheel all before 4:30pm and we left at about 5pm.

Huge thankyou to you all guys for making the effort and thanks to Lou for the tea :lol:

Sam, hope the car behaved on the way home. Give it a wash dude !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mr2mk1chick
24th October 2010, 09:26 PM
Was great to see you Cassi, and also everyone else i had not seen in ages. Cassi worked so hard to get this show off the ground - well done. Also to those who put the efforts in on the day - a big job to undertake in a busy environment. :clap:

No3157
25th October 2010, 11:37 AM
What a day...great to meet everyone(Karl/Lou, Chris/Cass, Garrick/Jo, Doulgas, Sam/Karl(?), and another(??) ), and see Tom again... :wave:

And despite having to prep the replacement 'box(shift arm, cable bushes, torque mounts, slave cyl bolts, questionable release bearing, fidanza flywheel torque specs), she went on with pretty minimal fuss...in good time, too... :+: :+:

Gearbox change went great guns once Gad ignored the shat nav Lol, no worries dude, Chris' did the same. Unfortunatly we didn't get to do a paint restore on Miks car as they wouldn't let him in :lol: I was quite looking forward to posting before and after pics :(
Yeah, thanks all for going to the effort...O.T and i are pretty gutted...stupid organising b!nt... :wtf:
Nay mind, another time(hopefully)... :)

EDIT: Saw lots of flashes going off while we were busy...who got the piccies then?? :lol:

thanks to Lou for the tea :lol:
Absolutely...thanks everyone for the hospitality, and being prepared to chip in wherever possible...THAT's the club spirit others would do well to acknowledge...

Thanks for a great time!! :clap: :clap:

Gad
25th October 2010, 12:59 PM
Good to meet everyone yesterday, thanks very much to all who helped with my car! :)
Such a shame we didn't manage to get Miks car onto the stand to tidy up. I don't think mine was too good an impression following my trip through a small lake while trying to find the exhibitors entrance.
Car behaved wonderfully on the way home, certainly feels a little nippier, I just need to get out of the habit of holding fifth in now. :D
Assuming the weather holds I'm going to fill her up with some fresh gearbox oil when I get in from work tonight, might even deign to give her a clean if it's not too cold!

Limeymk1
25th October 2010, 02:11 PM
Good to meet everyone yesterday, thanks very much to all who helped with my car! :)
Such a shame we didn't manage to get Miks car onto the stand to tidy up. I don't think mine was too good an impression following my trip through a small lake while trying to find the exhibitors entrance.
Car behaved wonderfully on the way home, certainly feels a little nippier, I just need to get out of the habit of holding fifth in now. :D
Assuming the weather holds I'm going to fill her up with some fresh gearbox oil when I get in from work tonight, might even deign to give her a clean if it's not too cold!

Good stuff Sam, glad nothing fell off. :+: :lol:

Get some tiger seal in your spare front engine mount as well, we were hard pressed to choose which was the least shagged out of the two. :lol:

Arms, shoulders and neck are aching today. :D

Was good to see everyone. :+:

The Silver Fox
25th October 2010, 02:25 PM
To all who attended,

It was nice to meet everyone and put faces to names. Well done to Cassi for pulling it all together - it was a shame about the lack of Club banners and the pitch. It seemed as if the organisers had tacked us on to the LandRover stand as an afterthought. As far as I could see, the other clubs had two or three times the space we had.

Just a thought for next year - How about combining Stoneleigh with the AGM and making a weekend of it. Sat afternoon AGM, Sat evening some sort of get together, Sunday Stoneleigh. That way we might get a few more members attending both events as not many people want to travel to almost the same place within a few weeks of each other!

Thanks to everyone for making it happen and being so friendly - thats what makes this club so good.

Thanks also to Tom for the company and chat on the journey there and back.

Douglas

Limeymk1
25th October 2010, 02:39 PM
:lol: I donated a bit of our stand to the Landrover bods seeing as we weren't using it all.

If we had of known that the doors with the 'out of order sign' weren't out of order we could have smuggled Miks car onto the stand or put Cassi's Mk2 on.

The Silver Fox
25th October 2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for that Chris, I just wondered why we had such a small space. It all makes sense now.

Douglas

Cassi
25th October 2010, 06:42 PM
I just need to get out of the habit of holding fifth in now. :D

Lol, I always get told off for holding the gearnob while driving. :oops: :lol:

Cassi
25th October 2010, 06:51 PM
O.T and i are pretty gutted...stupid organising b!nt... :wtf:
Nay mind, another time(hopefully)... :)

Saw lots of flashes going off while we were busy...who got the piccies then?? :lol:

Mik, you'd be welcome to bring her down south for a weekend and we could get her done without having to rush....winter BBQ FTW ? :lol:

I think Lou and Garrick were snapping away, I guess piccies will be up in due course. We're still recovering from the trek home last night, salt trucks, Mahoosive ships on lorries, 50 limits, crap headlights and sleep deprivation saw us stagger in at gone 11:30pm :crazy: Was still on time for work @ 8am though.....half dead but on time :shifty:

No3157
25th October 2010, 08:40 PM
Mik, you'd be welcome to bring her down south for a weekend and we could get her done without having to rush....winter BBQ FTW ? :lol:

Sounds like a severe plan!! We're liking this idea...very much... :+: :+: :+:

I think Lou and Garrick were snapping away, I guess piccies will be up in due course.
We're still recovering from the trek home last night, salt trucks, Mahoosive ships on lorries, 50 limits, crap headlights and sleep deprivation saw us stagger in at gone 11:30pm :crazy: Was still on time for work @ 8am though.....half dead but on time :shifty:

Gotcha...and sympathy!! Total fair play for bothering when others just wouldn't... :clap:

You and Chris get yourselves recovered, and then get in touch, we'll set something up - yeah, a BBQ in this weather sounds immense!! :clap: :clap:

tommundy
14th November 2010, 05:54 PM
Sorry for the late reply on this! :oops: :lol:

Well done to Cassi for getting it all organised!

I had a really good day and it was good to see a gearbox change being done (and completed!); just a shame we couldn't get any other cars on the stand.

Twas good meeting some old faces and some new ones and wandering around the show was interesting too. Too many dangerous opportunities to buy yet more tools though. :)

Thanks to Douglas for driving down and back. We must remember to come in from the other way as we had to queue for ages only to find that most people were going into another show and we could have gone straight into the Restoration Show entrance if we'd come a different route.. hindsight!

Cheers again and hopefully see you all next year.

Tom

PS: Mik, at this rate you'll have to put on a feast of booze and snacks for me at JAE next year! :lol:

No3157
15th November 2010, 06:32 PM
PS: Mik, at this rate you'll have to put on a feast of booze and snacks for me at JAE next year! :lol:

For 2 cans of Strongbow and a couple savoury eggs?? LOL...priceless mate!! :lol: :clap: :lol: