PDA

View Full Version : hello

gone_fishin
6th July 2010, 11:35 PM
hello everyone, i dont actually own an mr2 yet but always planned to get one as soon as i passed my test well that was 4 years ago before i decided to run away to uni well ive graduated now and its time to treat myself so im on the hunt for a car, and advice watch this space...[/color]

mr2mk1chick
9th July 2010, 09:00 AM
Hi and welcome :wave:
the mk1 will be a great car to own after uni - you need a treat after all the hard work.
check out the for sale pages here, as there seem to be a few great cars around for sale.

Jo

Kateg28
9th July 2010, 11:23 AM
:wave:
We all love the little cars. Keep us updated and there are people on here who will be able to give you lots of advice through the process of buying and owning (and maintaining/restoring if required).

Welcome.

gone_fishin
11th July 2010, 05:05 PM
well ive won an auction for a car!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280529930999&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT)

i got a little caught up in the moment at the end in a bidding war and i didnt really want to spend so much but oh well, i havnt actually seen it in the flesh yet but to me it all seems nice and genuine. and im excited

what do people think? have i made some terrible error or have i grabbed a decent car?

MelR2Mk1
14th July 2010, 03:09 PM
Looks lovely, but don't they all? ;) Good luck with her, let us know how it goes when you pick her up!

Kateg28
14th July 2010, 03:41 PM
Looks pretty good to me and quite tidy.

Where are you based? :wave:

gone_fishin
14th July 2010, 05:13 PM
Im based in washington, tyne and wear, but half of my year will be spent in bristol. ive not seen a mk1 up here for a long time. a neibour used to have one when i was a kid. Ive spoke to the seller and im going down on friday to pick her up. the excitement is mounting, not least because it will be the first car i will have personally owned, untill now i have been driving my parents 1.ltr 107 and 1.ltr corsa during summer and xmas breaks. insurance is sorted, breakdown cover is sorted i just need to go and get car now... :D

FossMan
14th July 2010, 05:33 PM
Looks like a nice car you have bagged (if not a slightly unfortunate numberplate :p)

Be good to hopefully see another down 'ere in Brizzle. :wave: Welcome.

gone_fishin
16th July 2010, 10:39 PM
well picked up my very first mk1 today, 200 miles later i absoloutly love it! pics will follow.

MelR2Mk1
17th July 2010, 06:48 AM
200 miles later i absoloutly love it!

There's a surprise :D :D :D Well done! And welcoe to the Smug Club :+:

kevin..in
17th July 2010, 12:53 PM
well picked up my very first mk1 today, 200 miles later i absoloutly love it! pics will follow.
well done not just for your first MK1 but it seems you have survived an incursion into Stoke on Trent too!!! :lol: