PDA

View Full Version : New but no car... yet :D

zargra
27th June 2010, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd post a quick hello - I've been a fan of the MR2 Mk1 since I knew it existed, and I'm thinking of getting one as a bit of a project in a few years time...
Currently I'm just lurking here really to pick up as much information as I can, tips and such, waiting for the cash to get started meself!
I'm an apprentice at the moment, but when I'm qualified.... :wave:

Greg

mr2mk1chick
29th June 2010, 10:32 AM
Hi And welcome :wave:

there are plenty pf project opportunity buys on here so keep your eye on the sale sections. hopefully one day you will be able to get the right mk1 for you :+:

zargra
2nd July 2010, 05:25 PM
Hi And welcome :wave:

there are plenty pf project opportunity buys on here so keep your eye on the sale sections. hopefully one day you will be able to get the right mk1 for you :+:

I hope the right one comes along at somepoint!
When I get round to it, I'll be after a T-bar, preferably G-reg (for two reasons, 1. it'll be a 1989 model, my birth year; 2. it'll be a G-reg, and my name is Greg :P )

I've got plans galore (whilst remaining as in-keeping as possible) and none of the cash or space to make them reality! So I'm just thinking of keeping an eye places like here to pick up tips, and write all my plans down!

Just a thought... how would one go about using a Front-wheel drive car's engine in a rear wheel drive configuration?

Kateg28
2nd July 2010, 07:45 PM
I feel old! I drove a G ref when it was only 18 months old. I now have another g reg, almost identical except now dark blue instead of white.
I guess that makes you 21 or thereabouts. Lots of information on this site so worth keeping in touch. Where are you based?