PDA

View Full Version : member introductions

slugster
25th June 2010, 09:37 PM
hello to everyone. have only owned my mr2 for about a month & loving every minuite of working on it & driving it. i bought an 89 red tbar. first job i had was to get all the leaves out of the front arches. there was about 3 inches on either side. undersealed all the arches & waxoiled other hard to reach places. next job was to get the paint work back to its original shine & after about 10 hours of t cutting it has came up lovely. found some surface rust under the spare wheel so got my dremmel out then treated & painted. took car for a full service & she is running great. i am a novice at car mechanics but love working on this car. next week will have the adjustable tie rod replaced toyota wanted £204 for this item so found a secondhand one on ebay for £20 & after an oil bath & some heat is all working fine. i am located in chatham kent would be nice to meet another member to see what a more experienced owner makes of my car. thanks. doug (slugster) will put pictures up as soon as i can work out how to do it.

mr2mk1chick
29th June 2010, 10:31 AM
Hi Doug

welcome along

the leaves thing is a common problem!

Mine looked as though there was a special compost storage there when we got the track car at first! LOL

Jo