PDA

View Full Version : Mk1b '89 T-bar - spares only (as a whole)

speedy2
25th June 2010, 05:05 PM
My white '89 Mk 1b T-bar has been swiped across the front by a white van, and cannot be rebuilt :( :cry:

Its available as is for anyone wanting spares. 100,000 miles, engine and gearbox good.

Have spare undamaged bonnet, and spare driver's door complete with glass and electrics - with small rusty area at base.

Must be taken complete - cannot strip.

Dave, Portishead, North Somerset.

corkcorolla
26th June 2010, 10:13 AM
What damage was done?
What sort of price are you looking at?

speedy2
27th June 2010, 12:03 AM
The impact was at the bumper on the driver's side. The front was pushed sideways from driver's side towards passenger side about 6". The windscreen was cracked and now removed, as are the front wings, by a body shop. The cabin is pretty OK, passenger door OK, as is the engine bay and rear, but I believe that there is some rust underneath. Tires are OK, as are rear wings (had new MR2DC edges fitted a few years ago), rear window, n/a engine (110,000 miles), engine cover (with MR2DC boot rack), rear bumper (and two bar), rear boot cover and tail spoiler. Glass roof plates and soft and hard covers fine (plus two spares glasses and covers). MOT was fine last year!
Price - open to offer.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/2010_0131Images460006Ls-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/2010_0131Images460007Ls-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/06/2010_0131Images460010Ls-1.jpg

oukie
28th June 2010, 08:55 PM
Hi mate sorry see that :o

Can you tell me the white paint code of your car is it 040 or 043 (you can see this on the chassis plate under the bonnet)

I'm interested have you an idea of price ? and I can collect as I have my own trailer.

Chris

speedy2
29th June 2010, 12:59 AM
Chris, I can't tell you, as the car is in a Toyota rcommended bodyshop in Motocorner, in Albert Rd., St Philips, Bristol, and HAS to be out of there on Wednesday the 30th - whether for sale, disposal or scrap.
For the moment, I don't have the log book, as I didn't receive it from Swansea when I changed the registration, but the Bristol DVLA are sending me a new one for Wednesday, as I want to reclaim the plates and reinstate its original G198OFG before I lose the car.
The VIN is JT1C0AW1100158432 - does the 432 at the end of the vin indicate the colour by any chance.
If you are interested, I wonder if £100 would suit? That would cover my cost of retention of the reg (my Ham radio call sign!) I hope that some good can come from this business.
You can contact me at writer2003@btinternet.com.

mr2mk1chick
29th June 2010, 10:49 AM
I'd sell the boot rack for ?£50 on here or ebay

speedy2
4th July 2010, 08:58 PM
Hi mate sorry see that :o

Can you tell me the white paint code of your car is it 040 or 043 (you can see this on the chassis plate under the bonnet)

I'm interested have you an idea of price ? and I can collect as I have my own trailer.

Chris

I thought you were going to collect today! Problems?

Dave

corkcorolla
4th July 2010, 10:29 PM
If someone does eventually take this car and decides to break it i'd be intersted in alot of parts off it,i'd take the whole car myself but getting it back to Ireland is the problem. :-:

oukie
5th July 2010, 10:43 PM
YHPM :shock:

paulsims2001
8th July 2010, 12:20 AM
do you still have the mr2 for sale if so can you give me your number
Thanks Paul

speedy2
3rd October 2010, 02:33 PM
This car is STILL available! I have been waiting now for many weeks for it to be collected, but nothing has happened.

My family car is having to be parked out on the street, on a hill and close to a junction, around which many drive wide, and once we start getting ice etc, the road will be a deathtrap with my car will be the first point of contact!

If the MR2 isn't collected by someone soon, it will have be consigned to a scrap merchant - a waste of a good engine, apart from many good parts, including a driver's door and a good bonnet.

I have swapped the engine cover fitted with the boot rack to my replacement MR2 along with the tow hitch.

Dave.

mk1 dal
3rd October 2010, 06:50 PM
hi , can the car be saved and rebuilt , i have the parts, time and know how to rebuild it if its not to bent ,

shame to scrap it

gary :+:

speedy2
3rd October 2010, 09:59 PM
No, I don't think so.

The car WAS driven by my local garage from the accident site to my home, and then transported to Bristol.

Motocorner Ltd., the Toyota recommended body repairers in Bristol, then had it for several months after the accident, till their jig became available. They stripped the damage area, and got it on their jig, but once they started to attempt to get the various points to match, they found the car was tearing apart under the strain of the hydraulic rams, before any real correction was achieved, and they decided that too many rust areas of the underneath had been patched over the years that it wasn't going to be safe job they could honestly offer any guarrantee on.

The engine and transmission is good - 105k miles, the rear and interior are good, as are the tyres.

It WAS driven down to our local high street garage for removal of the tow bar, and back, though directional ability wasn't good(!) as the tracking is out, and the radiator wasn't holding water for very long, so it needs to be carried on a trailer, or a front-suspended tow.

I have a complete white driver's dooor, with locks and electric mechanism, glass and wing mirror in good if not quite perfect condition, and a white bonnet in very good condition, with headlamps and motors. Also a white driver's side front wing, in good condition but for a small rust area at one corner. I have a spare white bumper and grill, together with numerous trim parts

The car has been kept covered ever since, to protect it from weather.

oukie
3rd October 2010, 10:41 PM
Hi David,

I have emailed you,

I will give you a call on Monday.

Chris