PDA

View Full Version : New member funnyguy1984 and my car

funnyguy1984
18th June 2010, 11:57 AM
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself and my car.

My names Nick have just purchased a mk1b on a g plate, no name yet so suggestions are appreciated.

Body work has the usual rust on outter sill and rear archs, front wings are suprisingly rust free, and floor pan is very clean as is the front structure.

Brakes are bestroyed, so badly infact that by the time the seller (ebay!!) pulled up at my house the disc had cut the metal pad section, the pad had fallen out and gone between the disc and disc protector, and cut a nice groove into the piston!!

Wheels don't fit, tyres rubbing front archs, also front suspension is terrible!

Mechanically looks solid, sounds nice, no 5th gear problem, no compression problem and no mechanical rust issues really. Even the ******s are even intact which is a shocker!!

Fell in love with the mk1 8 years ago after borrowing a friends and will now "hopefully" be returning something which is past it's best into something of beauty

I'll be making the most of the "parts for sale" and "parts wanted forum" so keep your eyes open.

Will also be putting lots of parts which are taken of her on the forum as "FREE TO A GOOD HOME" for the benefit of other mk1 one memebers in my area (the west midlands) and those willing to travel.

Once again Hi to all and will look forward to interacting and chatting with other members.

mr2mk1chick
6th July 2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Nick

welcome along :wave:

pop some pics up of your car :+:

I'm sure you will have no problem sourcing parts on here, and also the mech sections are great if you get stuck

Kateg28
6th July 2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome along and lets see some pictures! :wave: