PDA

View Full Version : MINT mk1a N/A Tintop auto

oukie
8th June 2010, 03:38 PM
This car belongs to a good friend of mine

He has stuck it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-MK1-AW ... 4cefbdc559 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-MK1-AW11-AUTO-RARE-/330439705945?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cefbdc559)

MINT is not the world I would use I saw this car go through a major restoration and the workmansip carried out was second to none :o

Its had all the welding done EVERYWHERE you could think of has been fixed and undersealed

He has NOT asked me to put this on here but I felt the car merited attenion here.

I have never seen another mk1a auto before in my life and I really am shocked that he is selling it :(

If anyone here is serious Its well worth at least £2.5k its a show winner straight out the box MINT car

His photo's do NOT do it justice the car has Superb original (mk1b) leather Ultra RARE JDM mk1a lights (never seen them in the flesh before)

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc .

Chris.

Monkeymax
8th June 2010, 11:53 PM
Wow! A tin-top too; it'd be perfect for racing!

:lol: Just winding you up Chris!

He has NOT asked me to put this on here but I felt the car merited attenion here.

Thanks for posting it here!

RARE JDM mk1a lights (never seen them in the flesh before)

Which lights are these? I can't see any unusual lights, unless I'm being blind...?

oukie
9th June 2010, 07:55 PM
Max the rear lights are slightly differant to UK standard lights they have this sort of round reflectors built in and the number plate board is completely differant

No3157
9th June 2010, 08:55 PM
US 1a models also got the circular reflector and 'ribbed' centre panel, only europe(i.e: us) didn't... :eh:

Nicer than SC lights, for me...

mr2mk1chick
10th June 2010, 08:26 AM
I have never seen another mk1a auto before in my life and I really am shocked that he is selling it :(
Chris.
I've seen a white tin top auto before in a leicester meet about 4/5 years ago - i guess it could be this car, or there may be 2 in the country.
I'd never heard of one before seeing that one.

oukie
10th June 2010, 03:49 PM
Ive seen a couple of auto's SC and N/A but all mk1b

This car is a mk1a auto tintop JDM been in the UK for atleast 10 years

oukie
20th June 2010, 02:23 PM
Its back on again at £2k :o

He has gone mental

He spent £6k on this car in the last 14 months :o

He told me he don't need to sell but I think as he has just bought a place he might be needing the pennies :think:

Chris