PDA

View Full Version : German Car Meet. Duderstadt 30th July > 2nd August 2010

scott barton
8th June 2010, 01:54 PM
Hi all

I have been chatting to our German friends over on http://www.mr2-forum.de/ and they have invited us Brits over to 'Duderstadt' which is an annual MR2 meet.
There is a long thread running on IMOC at present http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133662
Basically its a weekend car meet. Cars from Germany, Holland, France, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland etc congregate in this German town and drink beer and eat spicy German sausage....amongst other food of course. :D Last year they had nearly 130 MR2's arrive for the weekend!

The cost of the event is 64 Euro and for this its all you can eat and all you can drink for the weekend. You get given an 'All Inclusive' wristband to wear. It also pays for the camping, use of showers etc etc. Its not limited to any particular Mk of MR2, and if you do a simple 'YouTube' search for 'Duderstadt MR2' there are a few videos with Mk1's, Mk2's and Mk3's.

I have just literally booked my ferry today for £65 return, leaving early Friday morning 30th July and returning late Monday afternoon August 2nd.

Any of you Mk1's fancy a little European jaunt?

If you need any more info, drop me a PM or reply in this thread and i will do my best to answer.

Ben
8th June 2010, 05:16 PM
Damn! If only I still had an MR2 :lol:

mr2mk1chick
8th June 2010, 05:54 PM
That sounds really cool. i'd heard about these mr2 gatherings over in germany from Fred & Doris.

I looked on the map to see if i'd be able to make it over for the day from Spa, as we're there for a BaT trackday, but the distances are too far to make it worthwhile and get me back again to work at Spa circuit too. (also was going to take the vx rather than the mk1)

I'd reccomend a euro trip to anyone though, as i love taking the mk1 accross the channel. in bleguim the car gets plenty of nice comments. not been to germany with it yet.

Also check out norfolkline (dover to dunkirk) too, as we find they are often cheaper than P&o

tommundy
21st June 2010, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a hoot and yet another thing I have to pencil in for next year. The £300 fuel bill is a bit scary for a weekend away, although not outrageously expensive in total if I had a passenger.

Enjoy yourself Scott, and I hope to make it next year!

Cheers,
Tom

oukie
23rd June 2010, 05:36 PM
I would love this :lol:

But I'm on pre-booked hols then this year but wey-hey the missus has given me a pink slip for next year :lol:

Chris