PDA

View Full Version : Toyota MR2 Mk1a for sale

chodjinn
29th May 2010, 10:39 AM
Time to sell my MR2. Bought it last year and it's been my daily driver. I've sorted things as they've cropped up, and although it's great to drive I need something a bit more practical.

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a in red
94,000 miles
Will have 12months MOT by next week (failed today on handbrake only, getting recon caliper fitted this week). No tax.

Good Bits;
12months MOT, garage said the car was completely solid underneath.
Full service history - had main dealer servicing for first 15yrs or so, I have almost all MOTs, lots of recepts etc.
Has Mk1b sideskirts which appear to have been fitted from the factory
Black and red original seats, interior is in good condition. Drives very well, engine is sweet. Has original triangle Mk1a alloys in good condition with tyres. Previous owner fitted a brand new windscreen which is mint. Comes with Toyota tool kit/jack.

Modifications;
Koni adjustable inserts with key, 40mm lowering springs
Celica ST165 4-pot front brake upgrade
EBC discs on rear
Direct throttle linkage
Short-shift kit with alloy gearknob
Aftermarket sports steering wheel
CD player (needs cage)
Mk1b Toyota front strut brace
Toad Ai606 full closure Cat 1 alarm
Janspeed exhaust, K&N filter
Polybushed
Engine lid strut

Parts in last 12 months;
OEM Throttle Cable (£130!!!)
OEM front drop links
OEM Clutch
Recon alternator
Full electrical service
Battery (3yr warranty)
Rear indicator bulbs

Bad bits;
Bodywork isn't fantastic, got 25yrs worth of small scratches etc and the paintwork could do with a good polish, sideskirts could do with a respray. But it ain't a rustbox!
The rear arches have been done in the past, the nearside one had started to rust after this winter, I had a poke around and it had been done poorly with filler. I've not had time to sort it, so I got rid of most of the crap and plastered some fibreglass in there as a temp fix, won't take much to sort out I've just not had time. Other side is fine with only a tiny bit starting to come through. Front arches are excellent as is the rest of the car. Couple of tiny rust spots on roof.
Bottom of the drivers B pillar has two small holes also appeared after this winter, I've treated them and they've not got any worse sine Jan.
Theres a 50p size ding in the front valance where a truck kick up a big stone!
Small rip on drivers door trim, door handle surround missing. Needs aireal.
When windscreen was replaced the side trim bits weren't done properly, so I've bought another set and reconditioned them myself in satin black, just need fitting!

Just trying to be honest, viewing more than welcome. £1000ono with 12mths MOT.