PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

dylbie
19th May 2010, 02:47 PM
Hello all, it's taken me a while to join this site and I don't know why! I've been on IMOC for a while. I am Dylan, 25, from Bath/Cambridge. These are my Mk1 projects...

PROJECT 1, my real car:
I have owned my '88 Mk1b for 3 years now and used her as a daily driver for 2 of those. It was all going well until last summer when I decided to try and keep up with a new BMW M5. Headgasket decided to let go in a big way, lots of steam and a red hot glowing exhaust manifold! Fixed the headgasket last year and just had to replace the exhaust manifold gasket again as it was blowing slightly.
Next jobs: replace gearbox(input shaft bearings knackered i think, rattles a lot), treat rust(all arches, back panel and corners, A&B pillar spots, and possibly sills!), replace springs, shocks, ARBs and all bushes. Lots to do! :(

PROJECT 2, virtual MR2 for rFactor:
Apart from Gran Turismo 4, I haven't found any racing simulator with a decent recreation of the Mk1. However, I have now found a design company online, who make cars for 'rFactor'. I have spoken to them and they think the Mk1 is an ideal car to make. rFactor is a very realistic simulator that uses a lot of real life data and telemetry to model accurate power and handling physics.

I hope to make 4 versions of the car: Mk1 N/A, Mk1 Supercharger, Mk1.5 & V6, and the 222D Group B & S rally car. I will be requesting some info when the project is underway. I have posted already here:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=135145
If anyone is interested or has any useful info please let me know. I will probably be posting more specific details about this at a later date.

Anyway, sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading
Dylan

mr2mk1chick
6th July 2010, 10:02 AM
Hiya Dylan

welcome along :wave:

good project you have there. hope you get it sorted okay :+:

there are loads of parts that come up pon here, plus its a great mechanical section etc if you need any help or advice.

LOL at GT4 etc - we have a mk1 that we play on there (not done so for asges though)

Kateg28
6th July 2010, 11:40 AM
Oooh, Cambridge not too far from me!

Hello :wave:

old petrolhead
7th July 2010, 09:34 AM
Apologies for not welcoming you earlier, but I have been up to my neck in other club business. Welcome indeed. Two interesting projects. Please keep us informed.
:+: