PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the best - what is it worth please?

toyretro
16th May 2010, 07:53 AM
Hi everybody,

Following the death of my father I have his MR2 Mk1 to sell. I am planning to put it on eBay in the coming weeks and just wanted some advise on how to price it please..

It is on a D plate and is finished in white with T Bar. He bought it five years ago from the original genuine mature lady owner who had kept it garaged since new.

It is truly immaculate - I have given it a good look over before writing this and I cannot find any marks whatsoever to the inside or out - literally perfect probably due to the genuine 34128 miles from new and the fact it has always been garaged. The interior is worthy of a museum, the spare tyre and tools never out, and not even a hint of rust to be found anywhere! The service history is well over 20 stamps despite the low mileage and is all Toyota main dealer with every MOT present since new.. If somebody was going to take this car to shows they would probably only want to do a bit of tidying in the engine bay which just looks used but no leaks or anything of the sort of course.. The car drives like it is 12 months old and I would not be selling if I could continue to keep it garaged..

I genuinely believe there cannot be many MR2s that are better than this one out there so please can somebody advise the best way to sell and what the price should be?

Thanks very much
Nick

sunsetjoe
16th May 2010, 07:25 PM
Pictures? where are you?

Monkeymax
17th May 2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Nick,
Firstly, welcome! As Joe said, pics would be a great help. Look here for a tutorial on how to do this:
/viewtopic.php?p=4763#p4763 (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum//viewtopic.php?p=4763#p4763)
It's impossible to give a price really - especially without seeing it - as Mk1 prices do seem to be fluctuating a bit from what I've seen with poor examples going for very low money and good examples going for pretty good money (£2k ish). However, this sounds like a very good example, so obviously worth more than that! Ultimately, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it as there are not very many recent comparable examples... So perhaps it's worth advertising it for a figure you think is fair then see if anyone bites...?

Good luck with the sale though!

Monkeymax
18th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Possibly good for reference:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1725414.htm

g1arv964
12th June 2010, 09:03 AM
Hi there
do you still have the mk1 for sale??
i'm currently looking for a similiar model!
cheers

andychiwong
6th September 2010, 12:39 AM
this still for sale?