PDA

View Full Version : BLACK 1a FOR SALE - SOLD

mistertwokw
8th May 2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/DSCF1306-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/DSCF1307-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2010/05/DSCF1308-1.jpg

first person who turns up with £600, can have it.(minus the inovit alloys)

heres a copy of the ebay advert

Firstly i would like to say that this car starts on the turn of the key and runs fine. The engine has very recently been put back in and will need some fettling to get it running smoothly..i.e a few jubilee clips tightening here and there, The car does need a new set of exhuast gaskets as it sounds like a dragster at the moment. It is essentially a car that has had all the hard work done and just needs finishing. Our new house project unfortunately means i cannot finish it

A few months ago i bought a lovely black 1a. It is now my 4th black mk1 and my plan was to spend a little time on it and have a cheap fun car for the summer and the shows, since then my wife and i have had a little chat and our priorities have now changed(i will be allowed another mk1 in a little while, just not now ).

Anyway onto the car:

Points for improvement( Start with the bad bits),
It is by no means perfect and does have a surface scrathes on the paintwork, the arches are solid and have been repaired in the recent past, unfortunately they are not repaired to a great finish and are wavy with one of them havung a small bit of paint cooming away, i would say that they will need redoing in a year or so. There is a bit of bubbling on the bottom of the front valance and the bottom of the b pillars but it is not major and survives having a screwdriver poked at it.
In summary this is a mk1 that has been looked after but has also been used. It has a few points to improve upon but none of the major corrosion worries that bother these cars so much.

All the good bits ,
When i got the car i put it up on the ramps and had long hard look underneath it. All the major worry points are solid( ARB mounts, sills, A+B pillars and front of footwells) and the whole of the underneath is in great shape. There has been some work done on the floorpan and i have photo history of this from the previous owner, it has been completed to a very proffesional standard.
The bodywork is on the whole very good for these cars and comes up very well with a good polish ( black cars look lovely when clean ). The car also has clear front and side repeater lenses.
The second thing i did when i got the car is drop the engine out of it, I did this for 2 reasons- 1: The engine had no real history of having the timing belt/water pump being changed and so i wanted to be safe,when i bought the car it had a coolant leak from the pipes underneath and had overheated(it was switched off straight away). I also checked the clutch and release bearing while it was apart. 2: i wanted to use the car for some shows this summer and wanted to detail the engine.
When the engine was out i repainted the engine bay to a nice fresh black colour so it looks as good as the engine and gearbox. The car has a spare backbox with it ,although the one on it is brand new, and i wrapped the exhaust manifold while the engine was out.
At present the eninge is back in the car and has been filled with the relevent fluids, it has been started and runs fine although it will require some fettling in order to have it running perfectly, by this i mean that there are a few jubilee clips needing tightened and nthe exhaust to sort out.
The interior of the car is very good and in a clean condition, it has two tone grey and black seats and has the black sunroof shade in situ which is a bit that is often missing.
The brakes are all good and i have fitted some beautifull white inovit alloys to complement the car, these have brand new tyres on them (they are available for £250, the car will come with its original wheels on otherwise.). The car will also have a spare set of alloys and tyre with it. The wheels will come with locking wheel nuts. If i receive my asking price then the car will include the inovit wheels, if not they will not be sold with the car.
The car had an MOT when i bought(ran out in march) it and drove very well on the way home, it was also taxed but is now sorned.

I will be selling the car and all the spares without an MOT(ran out in March) and Tax as i need it gone off my drive so it can contribute to our new priority (wifeys orders).

In summary you would be buying a good solid mk1 (which in itself is a rare thing) in a rare colour. It will come with a photo history of the work done underneath and also the original purchase book and part service history. I would welcome people coming to look at the car and can provide ramps and inspection lights should you wish to look underneath etc. The price is set at a sensible figure for what the car is/comes with. I am not looking to sell a car that the new owner is not completley happy with.

I would welcome any questions and would most certainly welcome any inspection, I can be contacted on 07969102207 or pm me.

Thanks for looking

i will require the car yo be picked up within 7 days of the auction end, and i will require a non returnable deposit via paypal, the remaining balance is cash on collection.

THE LAST BIDDER DECIDE THAT HE DIDN'T WANT THE CAR AFTER ALL, HE MADE AN OFFER WITHOUT ASKING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MILEAGE AND THEN DECIDE HE DID NOT WANT IT- I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN TWICE NOW AND AM PRETTY SICK OF IT. PLEASE ONLY BID IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT A MK1.

mk1 dal
9th May 2010, 09:24 PM
hi ki ,a shame your selling it i was looking forward to seeing this car a tatton show , going off your other cars it would have been fantastic when finnished ,your last car got best jap sports car at tatton :clap: and mine got 3'rd and i put mind blowing hours of work in my car . people if you are wanting a mk1 this would be the car to start with ,if ki says its right it will be and at a grand its a bargin .

gary :+:

mistertwokw
10th May 2010, 07:09 AM
Cheers for the kind words Gary,

I was also looking fwd to Tatton, i will still try and make it for the weekend, just not in the mk1. Hopefully the new priority we have will all be done and dusted really soon and i can get another toy :+:

Hopefully see you soon

Ki

mk1 dal
11th May 2010, 04:23 AM
hi ki , car looks great , love the engine work :clap: i can tell you have spent many hours working on it ,how much do you want for the wheels 8-) if it doesn't hit the right money , they would be perfect on my charger and just what i have been looking for .

gary :+:

mistertwokw
11th May 2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Gary,

Funny you shouls ask that, i think i am going to accept an offer i have had for a little less than advertised which means the wheels are going up for sale.

I paid £250 for them (off gary on here), they have not been anywhere and are still absolutely pristine. I would just want back what i paid. If you want them just let me know, they are being taken off today.

Ki

mistertwokw
11th May 2010, 07:16 PM
Car is still for sale as the stupid idiot from ebay did not read the advert properly :roll:

First one to stump up £800 cash gets the car (without the white wheels)

Come on folks i need this gone before the wife kills me :shock:

No3157
12th May 2010, 06:51 PM
So the wheels are sold now then??

mistertwokw
12th May 2010, 09:02 PM
Nope, the wheels are still here, a few interested people but nothing confirmed yet, first come first served.

ki

cartledge_uk
16th May 2010, 07:26 AM
I'd be seriously interested if it had an MOT, any chance you could put it through?

mistertwokw
16th May 2010, 01:44 PM
We are not putting the car through an MOT, it still needs a little fettling as per the advert and i no longer have the time to do it, we have house buying type stuff that the money needs to go towards and we need it quickly.
If we did put 12 months on it the price would go up alot!

To be honest i think that the price is about right for a solid car and all the spares it comes with. I am happy to let buyers crawl underneath it and i will supply the inspection lamps and overalls :D

If it doesn't sell then i will just sell parts to order.

Ki

cartledge_uk
16th May 2010, 03:34 PM
Fair enough.

but if you break it you wont get much, if you spend some £ to put it through a MOT you'll get your price.

mr2mk1chick
16th May 2010, 03:56 PM
We are not putting the car through an MOT, it still needs a little fettling as per the advert and i no longer have the time to do it, we have house buying type stuff that the money needs to go towards and we need it quickly.
If we did put 12 months on it the price would go up alot!

To be honest i think that the price is about right for a solid car and all the spares it comes with. I am happy to let buyers crawl underneath it and i will supply the inspection lamps and overalls :D

If it doesn't sell then i will just sell parts to order.

Ki
I'd really consider popping it through an MOT if there are no major issues.
this way you will get more £££ for the car, and sell quicker than having to break for parts and sell the parts on.
An MOT gives soo much buyer confidence

mistertwokw
16th May 2010, 06:47 PM
thats true, but this car needs to be gone by Wed, ebay ends tonight and it will be sold. Thanks for the opinions everyone.

The wheels will be for sale seperatly.

Ki