PDA

View Full Version : Hi

dandan
23rd April 2010, 10:41 PM
HI all,

Love the site and can not wait to get a mk1, i have had 1 mk1 & three mk2 s 1 na and 2 tubbys but bought a house and had to sell all my toys however ... am now looking for a toy i am looking to start fairly cheaply £500-£600, however i am looking for somthing to do a little work somthing solid chasis wise that has a good engine ready for tweaking i am looking to do a bit of drifting and a few track days and some meets.

Have tried to post a couple of replies in the classified section with no sucess

So if MK1chick reads this is your white mk1 still for sale? if so get in with me

Alternatively if you have got a mk1 for sale you think would suit my purposes please let me know.

I look forward to meeting you all and raiding all your collective knowledge to create my toy

Dan

mr2mk1chick
24th April 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi Dan

Welcome along. :wave:

you first post has to be approved to stop spammers, hence why you didn't see it etc. now sorted :+:

The white MK1 was a friend of mine, but she has decided to keep hold of the car for now.

The mk1 will be great for trackdays, but very difficult for proper drifitng.
you really need an LSD gearbox which is only found in a handful of supercharger models.
Also the mid-engine makes the weight distribution ripe for a pendulum effect wich almost make the car spin on the spot.

i went for a drift training day with my old supercharger with 180bhp and LSD box. we got some proper drifts in, but it was very hard, and the pro drifter teaching struggled as much as i did.
buy a 200sx if you want to track and drift properly IMO. this was very easy to keep in a true drift for figure of 8's etc like you see at santa pod etc.

the mk1 is definately a brilliant track car though, and if you mean 'drifting' as in getting a rear slide and a bit of oppo' etc, then yes - they are great fun and will happily slide about and are pretty controlable on a good setup. you need to really chuck them into corners though usually to provoke a bit of lift-off oversteer to get out of their usual understeery nature on most setups

a std road car for someone not used to mid-engine rwd however sometimes catches them out and so you may hear others saying they are tail happy or twitchy...