PDA

View Full Version : Inter-Club MR2 Trackday, Anglesey 30th + 31st October 2010

Dan M ROC
11th April 2010, 08:01 AM
Hi all!

I've spoken to Debs and she's given me the okay to post this up, so I guess I'd better start at the start. My name is Dan and I'm a regular over on MR2-ROC, and every year I organise a trackday visit to Anglesey as a club outing but this year I thought it might be nice if it was an MR2 specific day. ROC and IMOC ran one back in 2006 and it was a great success, so I'd like to build on that and invite you guys + gals along as well. I've also posted up on TwoBrutal so there really could be a great mix-up of MR2s there on the day! 8-)

The basics are that we'll be going with Bookatrack as I've used them for several days in the past and Jonny + gang really know how to run a safe and fun day for all involved, as well as being reasonably priced. Saturday 30th of October will be the main day and it'll be run on the Coastal circuit, price is £175 open pit. We've also got the Sunday 31st as an additional day should people want to run a double header, that will be on the slightly longer GP circuit and will be £195 as a single day. If you want to run both you get £25 off, so just £345 for both days. I've you've ever driven Anglesey you'll know that it's very much worth that price and then some, and if you've never been there (or even tracked before) I can promise you it's a fantastic circuit with 12m wide smooth tarmac and loads of run-off should you need it ;) Passengers & second drivers are free, just make sure they turn up for the briefing in the morning to grab a wristband.

Accommodation will probably be http://www.hotel-anglesey.co.uk/ but I'll speak to them before we get too far ahead with this, expect rooms to be around £70 per night.

That's pretty much it I think, we've already got over 10 cars confirmed over on ROC for this and I'm hoping to get a good take up with all clubs to ensure that we keep this MR2 only. Pop your names down if you're interested and I'll keep this post updated. :)

mr2mk1chick
29th April 2010, 06:35 PM
we'll be there prob working with BaT, but will hopefully get on track in either the mk1 track car if we still have it or in the VX220.
There aren't many trackdayers on here though that i can see, apart from Richard but maybe Anglesey is a bit of a trek from his place.
there have been a few posts recently of people talking about starting to prep mk1s for road and track, so hopefully some will take the plunge and pop along. Also not too much of a hop over from ireland for some of the members there too.

i'd really recommend this day to everyone thought. its an awesome circuit for the mk1, and such a beautiful area too. makes a great weekend away.
you won't be dissapointed :+:

mistertwokw
28th August 2010, 04:16 PM
Dan, just to confirm that i'll be doing my best to bring along the TVR for a play and Jason is up for bringing his supercharger.

Should be a laugh

Ki

mr2mk1chick
9th October 2010, 08:13 PM
the current thread is over on ROC:

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29087