PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Mk1b for sale - possibly spares/repair?

Handsome Rob
31st March 2010, 05:06 PM
A regrettable bargain lies herein:

White MR2 Mk1b - 1989
Tax and MOT until Sept off the top of my head.
82,000 miles!

It drives 'okay' - I use it for a short commute daily, but needs some attention:
Front n/s wing needs replacing - someone slid into me in the snow, leaving a nice graze, which extends to the corner of the bumper as well.[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
Front o/s wing is beginning to rust[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
Front o/s ARB bush and bracket have semeingly disappeared. Assume they got caught and torn off on a pothole.[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
For some reason it has an 'a front bumper, not 'b.[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
Minor rust on both rear arches[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
N/s drivers door paint is flaking[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
Exhaust it leaking, but that's an easy fix[/*:m:1ulfi19n]
Teardrop alloys have good tyres, but could do with a refurb[/*:m:1ulfi19n]

That's most of it; rest of the car is OEM MR2..... engine runs very well, interior is in decent condition. Ultimately, it's a 21 year old car. The only thing which requires urgent attention is the ARB.

I'd prefer it to stay within the club so it's currently only for sale here; take it off my hands for £750.

Handsome Rob
1st April 2010, 04:57 PM
And now clutch or m'cylinder has gone.

Make me any offer, take it off my hands.

Rob

crazylegs
1st April 2010, 06:04 PM
oh no ! isnt the front bumper bar good ? thats worth a few quid.
anyway you could do the clutch.

cabbydave
1st April 2010, 09:13 PM
Do you want any bits ive got clutch master cylinder slave cylinder arb bracket and rubbers and a mk1b bumper in white i'd do a swop with you for yours shame as you've spent a lot of time on the car to just get rid its worth nowt as it is so if you need any bits pm me I can sort them out for you for small amouts.I've just given a slave cylinder and gearbox away.

Handsome Rob
2nd April 2010, 04:40 PM
MMMmmm I would, but what with being in the middle of buying a house as well as working silly hours 6 days a week, I haven't the time to do it.

Make me an offer........... I can only say no! Or yes.... :)

Handsome Rob
5th April 2010, 05:36 PM
Right - it's definitely going, so make me an offer. Needs to be either towed/trailered, or driven stuck in gear (unless you're handy at changing gear without a clutch).

I've had on tentative offer, just wondering if there's any more interest?

R

Handsome Rob
8th April 2010, 06:15 PM
Any further offers? Or it's going to be eBayed this weekend.................. I'd much rather it stay in the club ...

Handsome Rob
11th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Now on eBay with no reserve........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0471633315 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170471633315)

Handsome Rob
15th April 2010, 05:08 PM
Ends tomorrow......... R

Handsome Rob
4th May 2010, 05:52 PM
Still got it - sold twice on eBay, twice people didn't pay or want it.

ANY offer considered - PM or email - rob_smith86@hotmail.com.

Regards,
Rob

russthedude
23rd May 2010, 09:34 PM
hi rob, i'm interested in the engine and gearbox, assuming the clutch is good and it is only the master cylinder that has had it.

my engine has gone bang so i'm looking to get it sorted asap, drop me a PM.