PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

Jimbo3045
30th March 2010, 09:11 AM
Well, here's my first post on this site, I hope to stay around and suck lots of information from you all :twisted:

Haha, well I recently (last week) came into ownership of my first car which is a white '88 F reg mk1. I've been looking at these for almost a year now and finally managed to convince my parents to let me buy one :D A few things to do on it before the MOT but not too daunting so no worries there.

Just wanted to say hullo seeing as I'm a newbie, and I wondered if anybody new where to get hold of a Haynes for it? The ones on eBay are gonna set me back £18 and they're paperback!

And, before anybody gets the wrong idea, I may be 17 but I'm as far from a chavved up boy racer as you get, there'll be no 18" wheels on this car :problem:

Ben
30th March 2010, 07:05 PM
Hi mate, welcome to the club! I sure wish i could have afforded the insurance on an MR2 when I was 17... had to wait til I was 21 and it was the first interesting car I had.

There's plenty of info on this site, but if there's anything you need to know just stick a post up and I'm sure your questions will be answered :+:

Also, don't bother with the Haynes Book of Lies - try and get hold of the Toyota Service and Repair manual, otherwise known as the BGB (Big Green Book)

Jimbo3045
30th March 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks a lot :) I did download that guide actually, need to get hold of a physical copy though because it's a pain in the ass printing individual sheets off each time :lol: