PDA

View Full Version : Past its best car looking for a home!

rupert
28th March 2010, 11:43 PM
My red 1988 car, with 180,000 miles has now been replaced as my spare car by something with more seats.

It is now not in the best condition - pretty well every panel has damage or rust and the clutch needs doing, but I have had it for over four very enjoyable years and it has generally been very reliable. The MOT runs 'till December and once again the rust should get through as it is not structural and is kept under red gaffer tape!

The bad:

Clutch is getting steadily, but slowly worse. Drives OK and I've done a couple of long journeys recently with no problem but you have to be gentle and the performance is a bit blunted.

The alternator (a replacement reconditioned unit about 18 months ago) is now getting very hot and I suspect that it is on the way out.

The speedo has recently failed - suspect the cable need replacing.

Brake warnig light is on. Braking performance is un-affected. Probably needs pads.

Light front end impact has ruined the shut lines and the bonnet needs a good slam to shut but lights still work fine.

Rear arches are pretty bad and a hole in the floor sometimes gets an advisory at MOT (but not last time!)

The good:

Suspension bushes were done a couple of years / few thousand miles ago - steering and suspension is good.

Starts and runs well - been generally very reliable and did 2000 totally trouble free miles in France a couple of summers ago.

Remote central locking / alarm works good. Car has an immobilizer.

The car will be in London SW8 by the end of the week (Easter), close to Vauxhall Bridge. (This is where I work).

I am not looking for much - if you're the only one interested your double figure offer will be enough!

Photos to follow in the next few days.

majic79
30th March 2010, 09:16 AM
Hi rupert - I'm looking for a car and it sounds like you have want I want - I've got £50 waiting for you, but I can't do anything until the weekend of the 17th april, if you don't get any more offers and there's some tax on the car, maybe we can do a deal?

rupert
31st March 2010, 10:26 PM
The car is now up on eBay with 12 pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0420300082 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290420300082)

Get your bids in! ;)