PDA

View Full Version : Hello Every body..

col034
20th March 2010, 10:01 AM
Hi Everyone.
My name is Colin and i have recently become the proud owner of F Reg mk1 mr2 i am looking to keep the car in as standard as possible condition how ever i have joined this forum to get some advice from experts who dont want my money.
So the car...its a red t bar mk1 which is in realy good condition it has a 10 month mot and no real visible rust the roof leaks a bit but it will spend most of its time in the garage so im not that worried about that. It has an mot advisory for sub-frame rust so my first mission is to find a garage in hampshire as local to tidworth as possible to get the under-side looked at and any work done to prolong the cars life. I have had the car machine polished by a proffessional just to restore the paint and that had a dramatic effect and ill try and post some before and after pics as i get to know the site better. There are afew other advisorys on the mot but nothing to panic about. My next mission is to sort out some sort of sound system with-out cutting up the car which is looking like a bit of a nightmare but im sure loads of people have been here before me and there must some experts out there......The car is lovely but needs some little touches i intend on having the car for a long time so im planning on taking good care of it so any tips or advise on were to start will be more than welcome ive already started by replacing mats wipers and some of the damaged leather parts ie gear gator etc. Im also looking for a new steering wheel. Its a real beut pics to follow......

Cheers Colin... :wave:

mr2mk1chick
21st March 2010, 09:51 AM
Hiya Colin :wave:

the red mk1's always look better for a good polish and shine to get rid of the pink!
the tbars often leak so no major shock

hope you got your gear gaiter from rhon (our affilaite trader on here for those!)

its hard to find a good welder that dosen't rip you off, so happy hunting.

have a quick gander in the bodywork & interior section as there is info about ice installs in there

rpm---
21st March 2010, 08:11 PM
Hello Colin. I'm pretty local to you in Hook, Hampshire :wave: . Your car sounds very nice - just the sort of thing I'd like to get later in the year. How long did it take for you to find it?
Rob.

col034
23rd March 2010, 05:18 PM
It took me about 4 weeks to find. Its not perfect but with the care im giving it it should live a long and happy life im going to have a go at pics later on tonight
Cheers Colin :D

Gary1958
23rd March 2010, 07:19 PM
Hi Colin and welcome,

have a good look under your carpets as when i looked at T bar cars they were mostly like duck ponds inside from the leaky roofs.

Gary

col034
23rd March 2010, 07:29 PM
Cheers mate it all seems good im still trying to figure out how to get pictures up...im calling in the wife she should figure it out.....

mr2mk1chick
24th March 2010, 11:03 AM
uploading pics guide here:

viewtopic.php?p=4763#p4763 (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4763#p4763)

Karl_T
30th March 2010, 12:16 PM
Its not perfect but........

:lol:

None of em are ever perfect, there's always just one more thing to do. :+:

Welcome to the club, have fun.

karl