PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all fellow members (help Needed)

fire_king
19th March 2010, 09:42 PM
Firstly, i'm Billy from lancashire and have a MK1 MR2. After searching for ages i found an example which had been looked after and i knew was the one for me (will upload pictures shortly), cannot believe what a hoot they are to drive.

The car was running fine and then started to misfire so i checked the ht leads by pulling them off one by one and Cylinder's #2 and #3 had no effect on the engine, as when i pulled #1 and #4 off the engine it felt like it is going to stall so i know they are okay. So i removed all four plugs and #'s 2 and 3 were quite badly fouled so i got a new set of plugs and HT leads and fitted them and still no joy did exactly the same thing again.

Then i used a old spark plug in leads 2 and 3 to check if i am getting a spark, and i am getting a very strong spark but when i install them in the head it starts to foul the plugs again like it is not sparking.

Please could someone help as i am a novice in MR2's and have checked the basics like distributer/rotor/leads/plugs and have no idea what this could be.

Thank you

mr2mk1chick
21st March 2010, 09:43 AM
Hiya and welcome :wave:

maybe atart a new thread in the mechanical section, as the guys that can help will read it there.
also in the meantime check your fault codes - instructions in a sticky in the electrical section

Jo