PDA

View Full Version : Possible forced sale of MR2 1986 White over silver T-Bar

cage2010
15th March 2010, 10:21 PM
I am considering selling my MR2. I am a huge fan of the car, having previously owned two. I have a 1986 D plate T-Bar, White over Silver with Black/Gray Interior. I have owned the car for three years and completely loved it. It is currently SORN (I took it off the road for the winter just as the Alternator packed up). I have a replacement Alternator but no fan belt, just not got round to fitting it with work / children etc.

Good points :

Interior is in virtual A1 condition with only 1 or 2 very minor blemishes.
All original parts intact (T-Bar roof storage covers / original full toolkit etc)
Perferct drive (no jumping out of 5th etc)
All electrics in perfect working order
Generally a really great car to drive
Full Service History (80% Toyota)
111,000 miles (original mileage)

Bad points :

Usual rust started on rear wheel arches (nothing major from what I can tell)
Rust patch on passenger A post (possibly will require a weld)
Alloys could do with some TLC.
Small creak coming from front nearside (possible drop links?)

I really love this car and would love to keep it but the recession presented me with a redundancy and after being out of work for 10 months I took a job on half the salary I used to get, meaning I have no spare cash to but my baby back on the road.
This would be a really, really reluctant sale but I just can't see how I can put her back on the road at present.

I would want her to go to a good home and be fully restored to her former glory which is why I'm posting here rather than places like Autotrader etc.

Given the SORN status and the lack of MOT I am desperatly trying to be realistic without my love for the car getting in the way so I am hoping to look for somewhere above £450 ?? Please tell me if you think this is not realistic. I'm located in Birmingham (2 miles from the city centre)

As I have said I really really would love to keep her but cannot see a way at the moment of putting her back on the road and the last thing I want is to sit and watch her rot. Please note this is not a definate sale, as you can probably tell, but I may be forced to.
Pics available upon request as I can't figure out how to insert them here ??!!??

Ben
15th March 2010, 10:47 PM
It's hard to say without seeing pics, but from your description 450 would sound about right :)

pistol pete
16th March 2010, 12:20 PM
also need your location :+:

cage2010
16th March 2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry meant to say location is Birmingham (2 miles from city centre).

Can anyone advise me how I can post the pictures here so you can see what I'm talking about?

Thanks

cage2010
16th March 2010, 07:01 PM
Just realised I listed it as a 1985 on a D plate, it should be 1986 on a D plate! Sorry !!

Ben
16th March 2010, 08:49 PM
Forum how-tos are here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=682 (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=682)

Also, you should be able to edit your first post :+:

frubes
27th March 2010, 08:43 PM
I'm in Birmingham, looking for one of these. Can you call me on 07969564440 and I'll come and have a look. If anyone else has one available under £500 let me know.

Thanks

Adam