PDA

View Full Version : Mk1A - Anyone interested?

Baz L Zebub
14th March 2010, 11:04 PM
MR2 Mk1A (with Mk1B skirts & front spoiler fitted) - possibly one of the oldest registered UK survivors (1st May, 1984)? B-reg, about 110,000 miles, SORN-declared. In Kesgrave, nr Ipswich.

Fundamentally a good car, solid floor & undercarriage, was laid up four year ago after failing MoT on just the front droplinks rattling. At the time, I had planned to get started on the usual problems with rusty rear arches & front valance panels, but job changes put paid to that along with too little time, and the car really needs to be re-homed to someone (probably younger & fitter!) who can complete the job. Sills ok, got a small hole at base of door hinge post, driver's side - nothing that can't be easily sorted with a Mig kit & patience.

Got the arch panels to weld in (Mazda 323, all I could get then), and it'll need new front wings (glass fibre's on my shopping list, though that'll be the buyers' own option).

New radiator and handbrake cables fitted before lay-up - it was a really good driver & runner, and started straight away when I coupled a battery to it about a year ago to move it across the drive (dare say the petrol's a tad stale now, tho'!).

It's white, as standard as they come and definitely worth saving - first owner clocked the 100k, we added the rest (as ex-East Anglia Club Reps, mainly!). May be able to sort transport on trailer, if required, though negotiable if lots of miles away!

Offers around £400, please, on 07768 728329.

Baz L Zebub
17th March 2010, 11:56 PM
Ok - make it £350-ish, and it's yours!

Has to go - need space on drive...like, NOW! ;)

Baz L Zebub
21st March 2010, 10:59 PM
Still too much for you? Blimey! And I thought it'd go easily on this forum, as it's got history...

£300 and no less - last chance, last drop!!

mk1 dal
22nd March 2010, 12:04 AM
hi i am very interested in saving the car , i also have a b reg in white which is mint condition and would like to add this car to my collection , can you please pm me with pictures of car in current state ( i am not scared of a bit of rust ;) )

gary :+:

Baz L Zebub
22nd March 2010, 10:56 PM
Hey, hey - glad someone 's got a heart, Gary! :P

Can you wait until the weekend for pics? It's boxed in on our drive by a 4x4 and a Pontiac Fiero, and all I can see is the boot and top view...

If I can get home from work early enough (I travel a large area daily), I'll see if I can do 'em Wednesday (assuming it isn't peeing down enough to drown the Box Brownie (camera) :+:

Catchyer very soon,
Baz.

majic79
31st March 2010, 03:31 PM
I'm also interested in pictures :+:

MR2-D2
18th April 2010, 01:26 AM
I guess the car's gone by now but, just incase.........

Baz L Zebub
20th April 2010, 08:49 PM
Hasn't gone yet, tho' I have interested parties...and it's now a runner!

roadkill443
21st April 2010, 08:45 AM
i'll take photos please, benkey@hotmail.co.uk

Baz L Zebub
23rd April 2010, 06:23 AM
...On their way!... :+: