PDA

View Full Version : Forum software upgraded

Monkeymax
21st February 2010, 01:34 PM
Taking the forum offline to upgrade and do some admin work this afternoon. Probably imminently.

EDIT: Found another bug to fix in the upgrade code, so will do the upgrade later. Expect the forum to go offline for half an hour or so between 4 and 5, as long as I don't find any other issues.

Monkeymax
21st February 2010, 05:27 PM
Upgrade Done. Please let me know if you encounter any issues. :+:

scoobyblue
21st February 2010, 06:13 PM
Upgrade Done. Please let me know if you encounter any issues. :+:
i cant get the " view active topics" to work!

Ben
21st February 2010, 07:09 PM
Hmmm... me too. the link on the bottom of the page works, but not the one at the top :think:

I'll let Max know :D

Monkeymax
22nd February 2010, 12:11 AM
Arse. Are you guys using Internet Explorer by any chance?
(only that it works fine for me in Firefox)

sloopeh
22nd February 2010, 07:23 AM
correct. breadcrumb links are broken in IE.

sloopeh
22nd February 2010, 07:32 AM
oh and the favicon has changed to the national lottery symbol - !!! probably just me! :)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/4377794891_10577edb25_o.jpg

The Silver Fox
22nd February 2010, 11:52 AM
correct. breadcrumb links are broken in IE.

I had this problem previously with IE7 but it was fixed in IE8.

Dont know if it is still a problem as I now use Googlechrome.

Douglas

scoobyblue
22nd February 2010, 02:17 PM
so does this mean i cant use ie now :?:

Monkeymax
22nd February 2010, 06:14 PM

Nope, just means you can't use all the links at the moment. Sorry. Saying that though, doesn't mean you should use IE... Such a piece of... :lol:

I've had a quick look at the code. The patch I previously wrote for Internet Explorer has been overwritten and I didn't notice this when I did the upgrade. :oops: I've got a backup of the old one somewhere, but chances are it'll need some rewriting for the new software, so won't be able to fix it until later this week. Sorry...

scoobyblue
22nd February 2010, 07:21 PM

Nope, just means you can't use all the links at the moment. Sorry. Saying that though, doesn't mean you should use IE... Such a piece of... :lol:

I've had a quick look at the code. The patch I previously wrote for Internet Explorer has been overwritten and I didn't notice this when I did the upgrade. :oops: I've got a backup of the old one somewhere, but chances are it'll need some rewriting for the new software, so won't be able to fix it until later this week. Sorry...
sorry but i prefer IE

Monkeymax
22nd February 2010, 08:00 PM
sorry but i prefer IE

No worries. I was pulling your leg a little... ;)
I'll try to fix it later this week, but it requires some code hacks...

sloopeh
28th February 2010, 02:00 PM
for anyone that wants it the active topics link is search.php?search_id=active_topics (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics)

having said that, i think the active topics search itself is also broken.

Monkeymax
22nd May 2010, 01:36 AM
I've just carried out another update of the software, as well as an upgrade to a couple of plug-ins (including the Tapatalk one for iPhone/iPod/Android/Blackberry users).

Hopefully the breadcrumb issue with the links at the top of the page is now fixed. Please let me know if not (and let me know which browser, and if IE, which version you're using) and I'll try to have another look at it.

The Silver Fox
22nd May 2010, 08:24 AM
Breadcrumbs OK with Google Chrome

Douglas

sloopeh
22nd May 2010, 08:59 PM
breadcrumbs not working for me with IE8

Monkeymax
23rd May 2010, 01:15 AM
breadcrumbs not working for me with IE8

Thanks for that!
Hmmm... A word springs to mind; one that's out of character for me.
Looks like it'll be more work then - deeper in the code than previous changes. Perhaps it's time to write a new style sheet... :silent:

Monkeymax
25th December 2010, 01:22 AM
Forums will be going offline during Christmas day for a while, while I carry out some core software updates.
Some plugins have been updated tonight, including Tapatalk for those that use it on iPhone, etc.

Kateg28
26th December 2010, 10:57 PM
Good. Glad to know you are putting the forum above any personal enjoyment you might have on Christmas Day.

(Merry Christmas Max!)

Monkeymax
29th December 2010, 12:23 AM
Meh, I had nothing better to do! :lol:
Thanks Kate! :+: