PDA

View Full Version : a quickie hi

mrtootall
11th February 2010, 11:41 PM
Hi to the MR2 gang

Blimey I am soooo slow to do this!! Thought I would finally say hi to everyone - been in a member for a few months, bought my MR2 back in Oct. (?Helios?) light metallic blue T bar on a F plate.
I am based in Manchester, and I have to say sadly I dont have huge amounts of time to spend on the car, nor do I have huge amounts of skills either! Damm..... just as well its fun driving it! Bit of an impulse buy, spent 2-3 months scouring ads/ebay/forums etc... then I spotted this one down near my in-laws In Ross-on-Wye. Saw it drove it bought it. Then I started looking round it more and started realising it will need more work that I dont have the skills to do!!! Arggghhhh!
Well; I'll just see how it goes. So far I've had exhaust replaced with another 2nd hand unit as tailpipe broke off; and I've stuck some 17" wheels on it - thanks to those who replied to my post about these wheels....
Next?,,,, errr... when I have the chance, fix doorhandle (its loose) replace stereo with newer one, put more decent speakers in the doorpillars.... etc etc.... oh... .and drive it now n then lol!
Look forward to hearing from people... no doubt I'll have plenty of questions / requests etc!
Tom

scoobyblue
12th February 2010, 10:52 AM
welcome to the joys of mk1 mr2 ownership, warts and all :lol: you will surprise yourself with what you can do to the car yourself with a little bit of help and research :+: