PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Focus Events

unowho
10th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Well where do I start? If last year is anything to go by, then this year is going to be just as good, if not better! As this year is the 25th Anniversary of the Mk1 coming to the UK, then we have even more of a reason to celebrate.

We are planning to promote the Club even more - We’re going to be pushing really hard this year on all our events, and we want to go out and be seen and heard!
We are proposing a sub-committee for this with me (Debs) as Chair, with Richard Brett, Karl Thomas and Stuart Kynoch also on board. However, if any LAOs wants to come onboard or organise a local event, then please do contact one of us. Members – get involved!

The main aim is for the committee members to go out with their ears to the ground to find out what is out there and report back to me, be it national or local and report back to me, who in turn will liaise with the Club Committee to determine strategy plans etc. Members – get involved!

The key events we wish to focus on are as follows:

MAY
Enfield Pageant - S/E Area & Debs to assist if needed
JUNE
Le Mans - Debs overseeing
Tatton Park - Bill Hulme to organise
Bromley Pageant - S/E Area to organise
JULY
RAF Waddington - Stuart Kynoch & Ki Williams to organise, Debs to oversee
Silverstone Classic - Ken Salmon to organise
AUGUST
Tatton Park - Bill Hulme to organise
SEPTEMBER
JAE - Chris (Oukie) to organise and Debs to assist
OCTOBER
Stoneleigh Restoration Show - organiser and dates TBC
NOVEMBER
Classic Car Show at NEC - Stuart Kynoch to organise

More information on the above events can be found in the Club Calendar or in Club Area Meets on the Forum.
We are also focusing on attending every MR2 Race meet throughout the season, with dates to be confirmed.

Happy Motoring
Debs